Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What's your favorite version of Aion to play, and why?

Reaction score
I played retail Aion from beta to 2.1, and have played 2.1 with AionXemu for many hours since. I have been trying other emulator versions over the last few months. I think my favorite is looking to be 4.7.5. Here are the ones I've tried:
- 2.1 - AionXemu - many, many hours, but it's been a while
- 4.0 - Dwarfpicker 1-click
- 4.3 - Robyson's edit
- 4.7.5 - Gigatroon
- 5.8 - Robyson's edit

5.8 was just too much, I actually felt a little overwhelmed with all the new stuff. While Robyson's 4.3 was the easiest and most error-free of all the ones I have tried recently, I'm thinking 4.7.5 is my favorite for actual gameplay. It doesn't seem radically different than the 2.1 I knew and loved, and the new graphics and QoL features are nice.

So what's your favorite?

Reaction score
First of all, big fan of your work! So what it is about 3.5 that makes you prefer it over the later versions?

I have your 3.5 release, I would just have to scrounge up a client to try it out.
Hello!! Yes, 3.5 is simple but it works fine, many fixes were made and also added some implements.
I like it because of nostalgia, i like the black interface which is also present in 2.5, 2.7.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My Favorite is also 4.7.5 but for silly reasons first i like the skins and second i had good memorys in this version.
the only skin i know why i would upgrade to a newer version is the beritras set. I dont like the gameplay of the newer versions.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All version of Aion-Core Extreme:
Aion-Core Extreme 2.1
Aion-Core Extreme 2.5
Aion-Core Extreme 2.7

Aion-Core Extreme 3.7
Aion-Core Extreme 3.9
Aion-Core Extreme 4.75
Aion-Core Extreme 4.8

Aion-Core Extreme 4.9

Reaction score
I think I have to change my answer now. I finally gave 5.8 and 7.7 more of a shot. 7.7 was just too different, and the Korean voices were getting a bit annoying and I've had no luck finding an English L10N.

5.8 on the other hand, is pretty damn nice. I love that the quest mobs and items are marked. And the very cool armor set and weapon you get automatically after the ascension ceremony are awesome. And at least up to 20 the areas are pretty much the same as 2.x, even if the quests have changed a bit.

So while I'm sure I'll still occasionally fire up the 2.1 emulator for some of those nostalgia feels, I'm pretty much sticking with 5.8 for the time being.

Reaction score
Yeah!!, i like 5.8 too.
On my private emulator, i'm doing fixes in my free time ;)
Added new places, eg Katalam (4.3), Lakrum (6.0) and Demaha (7.0).
Some of these places have Geodata, but I still need to add spawns in Demaha, that i'll be doing in my free time.

As you can see, because of Geodata, an amount of memory has been used

- Some images of the added places, Katalam, Lakrum and Demaha...

Reaction score
Yeah!!, i like 5.8 too.
Some of these places have Geodata, but I still need to add spawns in Demaha, that i'll be doing in my free time.

Nice, glad to hear that!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wait wait wait you can add Worlds? :oops:
Yeah!!, i like 5.8 too.

Is it possible to add sarpan and tiamat too?I would play a 5.8 with the 5 places added. So many skins :love:. Also housing is still a thing there right? Never played that version.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Aion 5.8 - Lands of Battle​

with all the old maps

Aion0010 - What's your favorite version of Aion to play, and why? - RaGEZONE Forums
Aion0014 - What's your favorite version of Aion to play, and why? - RaGEZONE Forums
Aion0016 - What's your favorite version of Aion to play, and why? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Wait wait wait you can add Worlds? :oops:

Is it possible to add sarpan and tiamat too?I would play a 5.8 with the 5 places added. So many skins :love:. Also housing is still a thing there right? Never played that version.
Yes, it's possible and it's not exclusive to anyone.
Sarpan and tiamaranta is easy ;)
Now i'm trying to implement the new location of Aion 8.0 :ROFLMAO:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So there is a 5.8 sorce code somewhere and a tutorial how to do? That would be awesome. Does your 5.8 1 click here have that?

Reaction score
So there is a 5.8 sorce code somewhere and a tutorial how to do? That would be awesome. Does your 5.8 1 click here have that?
Here's a source code with some fixes added by me
that some unfortunate leaked....
I removed my credits from this code and kept the original author -->
There is no tutorial for this, although it is not that simple to do.
My 5.8 build has only Katalam.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm that is really a two sided sword with the source codes. on one side i can totally understand if someone dont want give there sourcecode because he/she put alot of work into it.
on the other side im really thankfull for the code so changes are easyer to make and i dont know where everyone got it in the first place.
Also i hate when someone claims someone elses work as their own.
thx for the corce also is there a working 5.8 client anywhere (the link here dosent work anymore it seems)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would go with the full source from Encom Aion_5.8_SVN++(ENCOM) and I would use the whole Datapack from Robson - Aion5.8_EMU++++.
This because the Robson OneClick is based on Aion_5.8_SVN++(ENCOM).
Yeah, is some work on it, but is actually the best way to have a good 5.8 Emu.
And I would use the NotAion torrent client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would go with the full source from Encom Aion_5.8_SVN++(ENCOM) and I would use the whole Datapack from Robson - Aion5.8_EMU++++.
This because the Robson OneClick is based on Aion_5.8_SVN++(ENCOM).
Yeah, is some work on it, but is actually the best way to have a good 5.8 Emu.
And I would use the NotAion torrent client
Thx i already have downloaded the emus you sayed and will download the client. Also thx for the tipps will try to get it to work.

Oh i forgott wich version of Java do i need here?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thx i already have downloaded the emus you sayed and will download the client. Also thx for the tipps will try to get it to work.

Oh i forgott wich version of Java do i need here?
The Robyson one-click release has the JavaJDK_7 it needs integrated, you should be good to go.

Back