• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Private When are we going to stop copying habbo and creating our own way?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Now before you say anything... Yes we all know everything is copied off habbo. But aren't we good enough to come up with our own stuff? Why are people still taking habbos new designs and not creating they're own?

Truly, most developers here are amazing and have the "power" to create new amazings features. I do not see why we still mimic habbos steps, and i can't believe people do it. As you all know habbo has been going down the hill because of they're foolish steps. So why are we making the same steps as they do? If they're failing? Should we be failing with them? Or should we take it upon us and create new things that will amaze the community and bring in new people to it?

What do you think...?

(oops the title grammar c: should be "When are we going to stop copying habbo and start creating our own way?")

I would wait for the moon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I wrote a really good (ok no, but still I wrote one) reply to this thread, but a freaking pop up deleted my whole message.. Dejavu I read that before somewhere a few hours ago.. In short;

- Yes we are but we don't, this is the Habbo section thus us copying Habbo.
- For most of us it's just easy money, why bother creating something yourself when you can follow a tut how to set up a retro, download a fully working cms, do nothing yourself (except filling in your connection ip and port) and earn money selling vip / 'belcredits' / diamond / whatever?
- There are some developers over here that can't actually code but just take code from old releases and add some lines or change the credits, 'woot great release'.
- We don't follow their path downhill cause Habbo is going downhill for some decisions that's retro's aren't able to make.
Part of my clipboard before the popup deleted the rest;
Sulake fired a lot of employees who were loved by Habbos from all around the world | they stopped listening (a long, long time ago) | the helptool didn't gave any replies anymore | mods are noobs who never heard about the game before | they gave the hotel a mute for 6+ weeks, these are a few reasons Habbo was/is going downhill and the same things are steps retro's didn't/can't take, so we don't actually follow their footsteps, we create small paths to make it better, sometimes even better than how Habbo has it at this moment.
- You said two things; starting a whole new game (other than copying Habbo) and creating a better design/server/features/etc to be better than Habbo..

From about 80 lines to these, damn pop up lol.

Edit; oh and I forgot the 'not this thread again' sentence.

Google my name...
Reaction score
Why bother..?

People like Habbo.

People want to play Habbo because they like it and know it.

What would you build? A version of Habbo with different graphics and a few more features? Sulake will just take you to court over copyright infringement.

It's easy to make new features on Habbo but as HabMoon said people just want to make money, also there aren't many 'great' developers, those that are don't wish to spend a lot of time, the rest have moved on. I used to code (not saying I'm a great developer, only that I used to code Habbo emulators back on Shockwave). I am now 19, going on 20. I work full-time in web development and have a lack of interest for Habbo now.

Back when I used to work on Shockwave emulators (RP based) I created a lot of new features from the old things not needed, such as using the events panel to list lobbies for mini-games. Using the room poll system to create job applications, bots that could use furniture exactly like players did while still maintaining the understanding that they can 'lose' a user from a taxi/running through rooms. They were able to die and walk back to their 'home' room and from there venture out. They had jobs but were not always working, they had credits which allowed them to taxi unless in debt (on most tests they went in debt pretty quickly as they didn't work much)

There's a lot you can do, it's a shame Shockwave died when it did as I believe it could have progressed to have a lot of features to benefit things like RPs.

I look around now and see the same stuff over and over, as much as it would be nice to introduce new features, you'd only end up with other retros stealing the features of the connoisseurs, which in turn makes those progressing stop as they are doing all the work and other's are stealing it...

You cannot win. No matter what you add people will steal it and you'll give up creating features.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Now before you say anything... Yes we all know everything is copied off habbo. But aren't we good enough to come up with our own stuff? Why are people still taking habbos new designs and not creating they're own?

Truly, most developers here are amazing and have the "power" to create new amazings features. I do not see why we still mimic habbos steps, and i can't believe people do it. As you all know habbo has been going down the hill because of they're foolish steps. So why are we making the same steps as they do? If they're failing? Should we be failing with them? Or should we take it upon us and create new things that will amaze the community and bring in new people to it?

What do you think...?

(oops the title grammar c: should be "When are we going to stop copying habbo and start creating our own way?")
When are we going to stop making threads trying to motivate a lazy community that relies on everyone else to get the ball rolling? It's like a community of stoners who just keep saying, "THAT WOULD BE AWESOME... maybe tomorrow."

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All though it doesn't happen as often, people still do make custom furniture, CMS themes and a lot more, just with a Habbo theme attached to it.

Quoting from one of your previous posts in another thread; 'Think about it, if it's out to the public it's nothing special.' It's attitudes like that, that have been one of the reasons why people don't develop publicly anymore.

A lot of people have also grown up now and don't have enough time for Habbo, that's another thing I don't think a lot of people realize when making these threads. Common sense is dying, isn't it?

If you want to develop a feature, why not take the time to learn the steps needed in order to take action and show us that you are willing to bring change to this community?

Google my name...
Reaction score
When are we going to stop making threads trying to motivate a lazy community that relies on everyone else to get the ball rolling? It's like a community of stoners who just keep saying, "THAT WOULD BE AWESOME... maybe tomorrow."

That is probably my favourite analogy these types of threads ever.

All though it doesn't happen as often, people still do make custom furniture, CMS themes and a lot more, just with a Habbo theme attached to it.

Quoting from one of your previous posts in another thread; 'Think about it, if it's out to the public it's nothing special.' It's attitudes like that, that have been one of the reasons why people don't develop publicly anymore.

A lot of people have also grown up now and don't have enough time for Habbo, that's another thing I don't think a lot of people realize when making these threads. Common sense is dying, isn't it?

If you want to develop a feature, why not take the time to learn the steps needed in order to take action and show us that you are willing to bring change to this community?

The irony of OP saying that is rather funny.

But I agree with both points above. Learn it and do it, don't shove it down everyone else's throats and pretend it's their responsibility to do so. I admit in the past I have done the same with "we should all go build a community project, hurr durr" and "we should go all go build a new style of habbo" but it's really quite pointless. If you are serious about it then it's best to go learn what to do and get a few trusted friends to help, if you invest enough time you'll get it done in 1-2 months. Open a hotel or release it. Stop discussing it.

I'm sure you can find some people willing to contribute in time if you make a development thread and specify you are looking for people to help out where possible.

Software Engineer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My respond to this ever returning thread:

You can, only thing that's stopping you is you. There is a section on here for the game Ragnarok Online, that game has a private server in C, sometime ago, many years ago people decided to create their own client, and they did, it became an open source project called The Mana Project. They use their own client coded in C, runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux natively. The server is the same private server. They are supposedly planning on creating their own server with it's own protocol, but that's not changed in the few years I've checked. The client is open source, and numerous customized servers have popped up, mind you Ragnarok Online is still more popular by far, but it's still popular on it's own. Fun to play on Ubuntu, everything is free, but grinding takes forever.

Back