• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Private When's Laravel coming to retros?

Reaction score
I've been speculating about this since like.. forever.
When's Laravel coming to retros? Since it's like... one of the best PHP frameworks out there?
Have you ever considered using it for a retro? Would you use it for a retro?

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
People are still using RevCMS so that tells you a lot about why it isn't used :wink:

I made a fully functioning CMS using CodeIgniter last year but that never went anywhere.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I made a fully functioning CMS using CodeIgniter last year but that never went anywhere.

There was also another CodeIgniter CMS last year that was released however that didn't pick up as well, people are too accustomed to RevCMS and don't see a reason to switch over. I reckon they're also intimidated by the amount of folders, the particular structure, maybe even the configuration process. For the most part it's exactly the same way as RevCMS to setup depending on the route you take, hell it would be even easier if someone made an installer with their CodeIgniter CMS / Other CMS.

There are a bunch of CMS's that are so much better than RevCMS but people refuse to switch over to something that doesn't have people backing it, in terms of skins / add-ons.

Git

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe Fatal Hotel used to use CodeIgniter but then switched to Laravel (I'm not sure about the switching part, though). If they hadn't switched to Laravel then they're still using CodeIgniter.

This was posted by Moe on Instagram a long time ago (approximately, 10 months), which confirms they were/are using CodeIgniter:
dominic - When's Laravel coming to retros? - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe Fatal Hotel used to use CodeIgniter but then switched to Laravel (I'm not sure about the switching part, though). If they hadn't switched to Laravel then they're still using CodeIgniter.

This was posted by Moe on Instagram a long time ago (approximately, 10 months), which confirms they were/are using CodeIgniter:
dominic - When's Laravel coming to retros? - RaGEZONE Forums

That was codeigniter back in the day... but now i've been working on a complete nodeJS (including express framework etc etc) cms. If you're still using revcms or uber, you're pretty late to the party. Everything i've coded for fatal cms has been custom.

Theres other things like python (django) :)

Back