• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

L2J Which one is easier? - Patching system folder

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello community,
I've searching for thread related to my problem for a while but I can't find the one that solve my problem (I found that you need l2fileedit and change ServerAddr to your ip, in this case 127.0.0.1, blah blah). I have a few question in my mind.

[1] How do I get the exact version of my client (eg. Freya, High Five, 412, 413, 414, or whatever).
- Is using l2fileedit can tell me? (When I import l2.ini the top panel will change to the version of input l2.ini?)

[2] Why the old Thai's client (not the latest patch - and I don't know exact version)
- Client can't start up - Used l2jconnector lite, hit connect, Rising Hero splash screen shown up, CPU load a bit, then... bam! noting happen - the l2.exe process just gone away.
- Nothing have done in client's folder since last year, the only thing change in my system environment is I upgraded from Win7 to Win8.
- I have a bunch of patched system that used to work but now none of them work.
- This setup of client used to be able connect to my server running at localhost

[3] Maybe try new client?
- Maybe try to update my server to [l2jdp - 10088], [l2jsv - 6321]
- I download the client and the patched system from L2Tales (Tales - High Five x20 Server). The client already pointed to L2Tales server.
- I try l2fileedit to edit the ServerAddr in l2.ini but it's already 127.0.0.1.
- I try to use host file (change ServerAddr to l2auth.lineage2.in.th then add 127.0.0.1 L2auth.Lineage2.in.th to host file)
- I still can't connect to my server running at localhost, the client keep connecting to L2Tales

Please give me some advice of how to get things work.
- I have the clean version of the client (downloaded from L2Tales)
- If possible I don't want to update the server, just make the old client work.

Please ask me if more information is needed.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank for reply

My main goal is to make the old client I have to be able to run again.
PS. this client is the Thai's client not the English one - but I think that's not gonna be a problem :)

But if that is not possible I will set up a new client and update the server (if necessary, my old server is l2jdp8444 and l2jsv4982)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I think this version is the freya version, you can either download a freya client from an other server and just change the l2.ini file using l2fileedit or download from a torrent a clean freya system and patch it, and then you will be able to edit the l2fileedit

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi

I have solved my problem
- Using clean H5 client (linked provided by L2Tales) from
- And using the patched system from Thai's private server, L2KMRS - , sorry webpage in Thai.
- l2fileedit the l2.ini change ServerAddr to 127.0.0.1

The system folder included the language files. Now my L2's interface is totally in Thai fortunately I can read Thai so that's not a problem, just a lot of annoying that the item's name are in Thai. But nevermind I've fixed that language files by replacing L2KMRS' .dat file with the L2Tales' .dat file.

Anyway, thanks for your reply Darkangel (sorry of the latter case:):)

PS. No update required for l2jserver

edit: smiley doesn't show up -.-

Upvote 0
Back