Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Why are many people against helping others get free stuff?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, you're not going to believe this: I was permanently banned from r/Piracy and just yesterday, r/REgames for NO APARRENT REASON! What gives? Like, I need to know how to acquire free versions of some games and softwares I'm going after along with extracting that game's assets (sound effect files and 3D models) to be used in my Blender animations. Isn't that why those types of subreddits exist? To ask how to acquire "illegal" stuff? Did the people of r/Piracy and r/REgames completely forget that sites like The _____/VG Resource and P3DM exist for that very purpose/reason? Did they forget about iOS jailbreaking? I miss 25PP, Installous, and LocalIAPStore/IAP Cracker. When I tried to dispute my previous locked reddit thread on REgames after I noted I got my copy of Payday 3 via a torrent, I guess that was the final straw. But there were no visable rules on REgames whatsoever, so I can't understand what rule I broke that caused me to get permanently banned! They even accused me of "copyright infringement".

So now, where else can I resort to for help? I may have more games on the way to decompile.
avo audio ste - Why are many people against helping others get free stuff? - RaGEZONE Forums

I can learn stuff on my own, you know. Look above, that picture is my battle scar to prove it! I managed to extract many of the sound effects I need from both Crisis Beat and Jackie Chan Stuntmaster! I had to do some serious trial and error to figure out I had to play the sound effect I want to record with some channels checked and unchecked via Avocado's SPU menu under Debug.

I did learn something else along the way too: sometimes the sound-effect-for-an-event I'm going after in the game can be at least two or more sound effect files playing together simultaneously. E.G, Wood Break Or Shatter PE113401 is usually played in conjunction with Wood Single Piece Fall PE113701. Which by the way, I already have it's original sound effect file downloaded from here: So would you call it "copyright infringement" if you were able to download the same sound effect from the same site and hear the same sound effect used literally everywhere? Such as movies, cartoons, TV, and especially video games? - Where you can turn off the music in the options menu and play that said sound effect by doing this action as many times as you want to your heart's content? Touche to you! Try to argue around that! "Torrents=stealing assets" is total baloney!

The reason I need to streamline the extraction/decompiling process as much as possible is because for some people out there, it might be too late. Some may not have long to live or are terminallly ill/lost a vital organ in some kind of attack or accident. My videos are going to have a ending with the sound effects I've recently acquired. If that person wants to find out what happens at the end before they pass away unexpectedly/unannounced, be my guest. This is one of few cases where TIME... IS... MONEY. This is one case where some won't accept defeat or "Too bad, so sad." that easily; we are going to complete our goal no matter what happens.

Unlike Alvin Earthworm who unexpectedly cancelled the original Super Mario Bros Z, I'm going to finish my projects first, then put them onto YouTube later. That way, people don't nag me with stuff like "HURRY UP WITH THE NEXT EPISODE ALREADY!". Because let's face it: no one wants to wait 7 days time for the next episode in a mystery-based TV franchise. Especially for the reason above. And by extracting the sound effect from the game(s) and isolating it to hear it played by itself, I can have a better time finding the original sound effect file via websites like the link above. Is there anything wrong with thinking about someone else's success to failure case before you do the same stupid thing they did?

Why are so many people against helping others, particualrly, guys like me, acquire free versions of so many softwares I need? Like, (and now, r/REgames) permanently banned me for no aparrent reason (as there was no listed rule on any of those subreddits saying I can't ask anything "illegal") and their mods never ever replied back to any of my appeal messages for months now! What gives? After all, one good turn deserves another.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back