• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Why do people play FlyFF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm wondering why there are so many people, although considerably less than a few years ago, who still play FlyFF.

What makes FlyFF better than the countless great free or pay-to-play MMORPGs out there?
There are so many new games with better gameplay mechanics, up-to-date graphics, balanced gameplay, etc. What makes FlyFF so special?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
People like the to play the game, it doesn't matter how much a game sucks, there will always be someone that likes to play it.

For instance, in my opinion, Minecraft is the worst poop ever made, but still, there are a LOT of people that love it lol.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well yeah, obviously they like to play the game, but I'm asking why they like playing it. For example, using your example of Minecraft: Minecraft is one of the only (well, not any more) creative building games, it also has survival gameplay, multiplayer is a lot of fun, there are hundreds of custom maps you can play, etc. These things make Minecraft unique, yet I don't know what's particularly unique or enjoyable about FlyFF.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
grind to reward ratio is just right keeps you playing. because most private server have a higher reward ratio they get repetitive that is why most fail.

graphics don't really make the game. look at minecraft 8-bit voxel game but has almost as many players as wow. the ambiance[ambiance meaning the feeling you get playing] is the most important part of a game. most great looking games are so generic they are repetitive from the start.

a good combo of ambiance and grind/reward ratio is why people play...its addictive not fun like crack *ridicule

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
grind to reward ratio is just right keeps you playing. because most private server have a higher reward ratio they get repetitive that is why most fail.

graphics don't really make the game. look at minecraft 8-bit voxel game but has almost as many players as wow. the ambiance[ambiance meaning the feeling you get playing] is the most important part of a game. most great looking games are so generic they are repetitive from the start.

a good combo of ambiance and grind/reward ratio is why people play...its addictive not fun like crack *ridicule

Well that is your opinion, to a lot of people graphics are the most important thing, you can't deny that lol.
I guess I picked the wrong game(Minecraft) as example, this is a nerd's forum afterall lol.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
graphics are important with games that don't need ambiance and don't really have a grind/reward ratio and are all reward cod for example.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I play Fly For Fun because I am still looking for that enjoyable feeling when I first started to play it. I also play it because it is addictive every time I start, and I have tons of fun adding my own things to the private server client. I think I will keep playing Flyff until I get bored of it but this has not happened yet in 5 years so I think 5 years more? Who knows!.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Originally, I liked the whole grind to reward aspect of older version of FlyFF. Now with newer versions and with private servers, the whole balance that it somewhat had is gone and thrown out the window. Even caali servers felt more balanced than what it is today.

Personally, I'm surprised no one has tried changing this game. People just run the same rehashed crap.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Originally, I liked the whole grind to reward aspect of older version of FlyFF. Now with newer versions and with private servers, the whole balance that it somewhat had is gone and thrown out the window. Even caali servers felt more balanced than what it is today.

Personally, I'm surprised no one has tried changing this game. People just run the same rehashed crap.

Obviously you only played Insanity.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Obviously you only played Insanity.

You can think that; however, that's obviously not true. "Balance" is questionable in all servers and feels as if it was thrown out the window, which is my opinion.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm wondering why there are so many people, although considerably less than a few years ago, who still play FlyFF.

What makes FlyFF better than the countless great free or pay-to-play MMORPGs out there?
There are so many new games with better gameplay mechanics, up-to-date graphics, balanced gameplay, etc. What makes FlyFF so special?

When i started playing flyff it was excited and truly an rewarding game to play.
Grinding to get better equips and in general getting better at the game the more you played.
And even if you got bored of the same character or class you could just create a new one.
Every class had something diffrent, not just skills or equipment but the way you'd play throughout the game.

And after playing for a few months you get to meet people.
You would log on and they would be there and together you would enjoy playing the game.
To me meeting new people and actuely getting to know them bit by bit by playing flyff is just amazing.

I think the combination of ways you could play and enjoy flyff aswell as meeting people makes flyff special to me and thats probably the only reason i still play to this day.

Aloysha

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
last year was FlyFF a very good Game. Nice Style , Nice Skills Nice Features. But the new version is in my eyes not good for FlyFF. More and more user leave FlyFF and play Privat Server whit the Version 15. Today is FlyFF a 0815 MMORPG Game whit very low Servern and whit not many Playern. The Weapons are overpowerd. I Think that year ist FlyFF closed. For me ist FlyFF dead , sorry but RIP FlyFF

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
meh my fav flyff ever was v11 fame. Ive been thinking about making a v15 vanilla server aimed towards recreating what was in fame and making the fame feel come back. I haven't been able to find the fame client anywhere though. If anyone had it i could make the magic happen :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back