• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

#WhyImVotingUKIP

Reaction score
They are not working for below the minimum wage, however they are being paid in their own country.
So for example you got a Polish worker that works for a company in Poland (this can actually be owned by someone in the UK), then a UK company is paying the Polish company for certain work to be done. Effectively they are working for the UK company, but officially they are still working for a Polish country under Polish laws.

Now this is nothing new, this is actually quite normal, companies are hired from all over the world to perform certain jobs in different countries. Normally this requires a lot of work with a visa etc, but with the EU this has changed, making it that you can just use it for cheap labour as well.

Reaction score
Ohh you're talking about outsourcing stuff to other countries because it's cheaper? I thought we were talking about immigration, ie Polish people coming to the UK and getting a job here for a UK company. Then they are paid UK minimum wage.

The factory I currently work for used to have a Czech factory. We basically outsourced loads of our work there, turned out it was a really bad idea, the loss in quality and turn around times seriously wasn't worth it. Now we are just a UK company again we are doing really well and expanding soon.

We also had a load of immigrants working here a long time ago, but the language barrier/quality made us hire locals instead. Given the choice we choose locals who we can communicate with properly, to someone who would basically do the same job, but we can't explain quality stuff to easily. Either way once I can prove I can replace them with robots they'd both be gone. If I were a low skill worker I'd be more concerned by robots taking jobs than immigrants. I wonder how much the world will change when like 50% of current jobs are completely taken over by robots, I guess geeks really will rule the world if we're the only once with jobs programming robots...

Reaction score
The thing is that when we are talking about Polish, we're not really talking about immigration, yet people see it that way. That's what the UKIP is obviously about, moving away from the EU and making it that they are real immigrants again. Right now Polish can just go over the UK, just like a Brit can go over to Poland.

But yeah it's all about 'outsourcing'. Like I said, as long as the company is officially in a certain country, they can just work in another country for the minimum wage that is in the original country. This is how most of them got work in different countries, because most companies do not want to deal with Polish for the same amount and the same health care rights as the people already living in your own country.

And like I said, it's mostly about mass production and all that, you're not required to give them constant instructions, they need to be instructed once (or a couple of times if they are dumb) and after that you just need to tell to work (harder).

Reaction score
The thing is that when we are talking about Polish, we're not really talking about immigration, yet people see it that way. That's what the UKIP is obviously about, moving away from the EU and making it that they are real immigrants again. Right now Polish can just go over the UK, just like a Brit can go over to Poland.

But yeah it's all about 'outsourcing'. Like I said, as long as the company is officially in a certain country, they can just work in another country for the minimum wage that is in the original country. This is how most of them got work in different countries, because most companies do not want to deal with Polish for the same amount and the same health care rights as the people already living in your own country.

And like I said, it's mostly about mass production and all that, you're not required to give them constant instructions, they need to be instructed once (or a couple of times if they are dumb) and after that you just need to tell to work (harder).

And so they should be allowed to, what right does anyone have to stop another person from moving country? Frankly it's wrong to stop mobility like that, introducing people to other cultures is a good thing. Look at all the Muslims that come over to the UK and properly integrate. The problem comes from mass numbers coming and not integrating, which imo is why there should be language rules on immigration and that's basically it, so people can actually integrate. Also dispersing immigrants out would be a good idea too, so they don't end up just making a Little Poland sections of towns.

As for the minimum wage thing, that sounds BS tbh, at least in England.

The only non-minimum wage paying jobs in England are illegal jobs. As for the whole multi-national businesses paying employees from other countries to get around minimum wage laws, that sounds like you are taking the whole tax *avoidance* EU thing, and applying it to wages. I'd bet on it costing more to try and do that, than it would be to just pay them minimum wage. They get work in other countries for the same reason anyone gets hired, they can do the job to the standard the person hiring requires, and if they don't they loose their job. Anything else is just prejudice and is probably also illegal.

We do mass production at our factory, and people really do need constant instruction. Manufacturing doesn't work 100% all the time, with the same results, sadly! Communication is key in every industry quite simply. Plus having language barriers leads to unhappy work forces which hurts productivity. Also working harder tends to be meaningless when machines are making parts at X parts per hour, in gaming terms there is a very low skill cap :p

Reaction score
I'm not saying we should stop people from moving country.

Yes not integrating is a massive problem, which is 1 of the problems with workers within the EU, because many will return to their own country sooner or later, many come to work for a while and leave again. So it's all temporary.

Why is the minimum wage thing BS? Like I said, they are not working in other countries under those countries laws, they working under the laws of their own country. You can check a minimum wage comparison .

So they are making minimum wage or even a little more, but you can see that in the UK it's about 3 times higher and in the Netherlands close to 4 times higher. But it's not just the minimum wage either. If someone gets sick or injured, their employer is going to be paying, not with them, you just ditch them and move on.

This is actually not tax avoidance at all, this is how the EU intended it, maybe they don't want it at this scale, but they actually intended people to be able to work across the border much more easily while still working for their own company.

Obviously it's getting abused heavily, which is causing many problems, but fixing it isn't that easy, unless you return to the old laws and make it that you can't just work across the border like that anymore.

As for your mass production, seriously why keep bringing that up, you know what I'm talking about? Most of the mass production is done by kids in China. You got massive amounts of mass production all over the world that you already qualify at if you are able to button your own pants. Most mass production simply requires no skill.

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
On the topic of immigration, I don't care if we have lots of immigrants in the UK... I respect other cultures (not so much religion, I think its all bs... but thats me :p).

One reason I welcome immigrants is because I've genuinely not been affected by it, and no one I know.. some of my best oldest friends are Sri Lankans, and he is one of the kindest people you could ever meet.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The thing is Brits (not all obviously) have got it in their heads that they deserve brilliant jobs, and more pay just because they are british. The rest, including those of different heritage know that money needs to be earned, and to be paid more you must work hard in order to get that.

I had an argument with someone over Facebook the other day where someone was complaining that they couldn't get a job. I quite clearly stated that I don't see how getting a job is a problem. Last time I was looking for a job I ended up getting 3 job offers, and I am still getting head hunters offering me jobs. He then just picked out the '3 jobs' part and started bitching at me for having 3 jobs. I don't have 3 jobs. I accepted one job offer.

Its the uneducated assholes that end up making a crap reputation for everyone else. Even when I didn't have a full time job I did temp work to bump up the pay a little. Its not hard to earn some money. It really isn't.

#whyimvotingUKIP

only joking :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My dad works for a labour company he's been at for a good thirty years, now the immigrants are working cheaper at putting his job at risk so much so, if he fucks up once he's out the door. We're all voting ukip...

Reaction score
On the topic of immigration, I don't care if we have lots of immigrants in the UK... I respect other cultures (not so much religion, I think its all bs... but thats me :p).

One reason I welcome immigrants is because I've genuinely not been affected by it, and no one I know.. some of my best oldest friends are Sri Lankans, and he is one of the kindest people you could ever meet.

The problem is that Muslim immigrants are not respecting British cultures and religion, you can find countless cases of Muslims trying to control zones and create "Sharia zones" for their immigrants, as well as grooming young women and various other crappy things.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The problem is that Muslim immigrants are not respecting British cultures and religion, you can find countless cases of Muslims trying to control zones and create "Sharia zones" for their immigrants, as well as grooming young women and various other crappy things.
There's a loud minority when it comes to 'not respecting British culture'.

Reaction score
Yeah I doubt that.

I very much doubt that the problems you are having, are any different from ours. Pretty much all problems comes from a cultural difference, not a difference in religion. In fact crime rates among Antilleans (Catholics) are 4 times as high as Turkish (Islamic), so you tell me how this is a religious problem, rather than a cultural problem.

Reaction score
I am very sorry - but I had to post due to the arrogance of some bodies post. I am not quoting it because you know who you are and you've already been ripped apart.

Hmm. It's about the Muslim immigrants that aren't respecting cultures, right? Nah. What about the Muslims that aren't immigrants and are born into Islam as a British citizen, can they not follow the Qur'an and respect their own beliefs? Muslims in the UK more often than not respect the other religions that people believe in, Christian, Roman Catholic, Sikh or whatnot, but do you really think that they are not going to retaliate if Christians from sectors such as the English Defence League are ruining their decorations and mosques, would you not retaliate.

Let's talk about English people moving to Middle Eastern countries. Let's say, Saudi Arabia. I lived there for a few months with my friend because he had just moved there because of a job offer. When I was there, I seen the dress code of the English people being used freely by the English, including my friend, whilst most, if not all of the Saudi people were wearing clothing that were linked to the Islamic religion. Bearing in mind that ISLAM IS THE PRIME RELIGION IN SAUDI ARABIA, the English people there were not following their religion or culture. Is that wrong? NO. It's not right.

You can't say BAN ALL THE MUSLIM IMMIGRANTS! TERRORISTS! When 99.9% of Muslims living in the UK are normal people who hold prestigiously normal views on the Qur'an.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The way I see immigration is, one rule for one and another rule for the other.

Perfect example of this, I ride my bike daily and in the winter I need my face clear of bugs/rain etc, I walk into a bank with my hoodie and facemask (who wants to eat bugs?) now what would they ask/tell me to do?

Yet if I were to wear a hijab they wouldn't look twice...

So is that fair?

They claim racism when somebody doesn't agree with them in an argument yet if we were to do the same it'd be classed as wasting police time.

In a way it seems immigrants are taking over the country and having it how THEY want it, unlike if we were to go over to their country it'd be a different story entirely.

This is my birth town now:
At the time of the UK Government's 2001 census, Blackburn, defined as an urban area, had a population of 105,085 and a population density of 11,114 /sq mi (4,291 /km2).[1] According to further statistics from the same census, this time defining Blackburn as a Westminster parliamentary constituency, the population was 69.22% White British (national average for England 89.99%) with significant Indian (14.31%) and Pakistani (11.45%) ethnic minorities.[67] 12.33% of the population was born outside the European Union.[68] In terms of religion, 57.53% of residents were Christian (average for England 71.74%), 25.74% Muslim (average for England 3.1%) and 15.98% no religion or not stated.

When I last went to see my family in Blackburn going past schools was like playing where's the white British child rather than where's wally.

HAARP
Reaction score
The way I see immigration is, one rule for one and another rule for the other. Perfect example of this, I ride my bike daily and in the winter I need my face clear of bugs/rain etc, I walk into a bank with my hoodie and facemask (who wants to eat bugs?) now what would they ask/tell me to do? Yet if I were to wear a hijab they wouldn't look twice... So is that fair? They claim racism when somebody doesn't agree with them in an argument yet if we were to do the same it'd be classed as wasting police time. In a way it seems immigrants are taking over the country and having it how THEY want it, unlike if we were to go over to their country it'd be a different story entirely. This is my birth town now: When I last went to see my family in Blackburn going past schools was like playing where's the white British child rather than where's wally.
Blackburn used to be one of the places in the UK where tourists loved to go, nowadays it's a different story and tourism has gone down, maybe because those tourists turned into locals.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The way I see immigration is, one rule for one and another rule for the other.

Perfect example of this, I ride my bike daily and in the winter I need my face clear of bugs/rain etc, I walk into a bank with my hoodie and facemask (who wants to eat bugs?) now what would they ask/tell me to do?

Yet if I were to wear a hijab they wouldn't look twice...

So is that fair?

They claim racism when somebody doesn't agree with them in an argument yet if we were to do the same it'd be classed as wasting police time.

In a way it seems immigrants are taking over the country and having it how THEY want it, unlike if we were to go over to their country it'd be a different story entirely.

This is my birth town now:

When I last went to see my family in Blackburn going past schools was like playing where's the white British child rather than where's wally.

I agree with this entirely. ;/ Extremely well put...

Back