Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

will my motherboard handle this Graphics card?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well to start with i have a Foxconn P4M800P7MB motherboard i know its very old lol. But atm i dont have the funds to buy a new desktop :(.

i have a radeon 9250 128mb AGP card. (i got this for free off a buddy) i was useing onboard card for years lol.

the card im looking to buy is a : Sapphire RADEON HD 3450 Graphics adapter - 512 MB - DDR2 SDRAM

but im not 100% sure if it will work with this heep of s**t lol :)

i have about a 50GBP budget and this just fits into it perfectly.

so will it work or not ?

Motherboard :

Graphics card i want :

or

Last edited:
Reaction score
your in the wrong country for PC parts lol, but yea thats the best one i could find that would ship to you, and a new desktop with even onboard graphics and a PCIe slot to upgrade later would be

Price:
£208.69 ex VAT
£250.43 inc VAT

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it should, your board its AGP 8x, The graphics card runs off of AGP 8x. so you should be fine....whats your PSU by the way??

420W

and cycoextreme

as i said i dont have the funds to buy a new desktop :(

Reaction score
no i was just sayin, maybe for later, just a though to save up for next time, b/c the card you are buying is the best AGP card i could find for you that you could get

Reaction score
Just thought I should tell you, the 3450 is TERRIBLE at running games. Your games still lag even on a low setting. I have the 4250 which is the higher one above, and it runs terribly. I recommend getting a better graphics card.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just thought I should tell you, the 3450 is TERRIBLE at running games. Your games still lag even on a low setting. I have the 4250 which is the higher one above, and it runs terribly. I recommend getting a better graphics card.

like ? thats like the best AGP ones i could find lol

Reaction score
AGP is a dead format, they are expensive because nobody makes AGP cards anymore. I wouldn't waste money on buying ANY sort of AGP card. Every $ you spend on it is a $ you could be putting towards a new PC.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yea but i can afford the money im a spend on it only. got a baby on the way so soon ill have nothing left :). But i hear what ur saying will probs just keep my eyes open on ebay or something for a cheap half decent motherboard.

Reaction score
yea but i can afford the money im a spend on it only. got a baby on the way so soon ill have nothing left :). But i hear what ur saying will probs just keep my eyes open on ebay or something for a cheap half decent motherboard.

just look around, people sell some things for better than what you got for cheap, id say for you as long as it has or can fit a PCIe card in it and has onboard graphics just get it

Back