• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Windows 8 RT Tablet - Play Java Based Games?

Rogu3
Reaction score
Hello,
My brother recently got a Windows RT Tablet. It's a Dell, and I'm unaware of any exact specifications, but I'm assuming they aren't essential because it's just the standard Windows 8 RT OS. (Let me know if you need them). Anyway, so recently I've started playing games like RuneScape again. My brother used to play RuneScape, and now that I've started to play it, he wants to join in.

The problem is, Microsoft dropped the ball and allows no support for Java, and pretty much every other type of game that people enjoy playing that isn't in the Windows Store. Great fuckin' idea, I know. Thanks MS.

So, I "jailbroke"/unlocked it for my brother, but now we are looking for a way to play RuneScape and other Java-based games. Is there any ARM-Compatible App that can help us do this with or without the Jailbreak? Or is it just impossible to do this, jailbroken or not.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in Advanced,
Wreckless

(I believe this is the right section for this, if not, I apologize!)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello,
My brother recently got a Windows RT Tablet. It's a Dell, and I'm unaware of any exact specifications, but I'm assuming they aren't essential because it's just the standard Windows 8 RT OS. (Let me know if you need them). Anyway, so recently I've started playing games like RuneScape again. My brother used to play RuneScape, and now that I've started to play it, he wants to join in.

The problem is, Microsoft dropped the ball and allows no support for Java, and pretty much every other type of game that people enjoy playing that isn't in the Windows Store. Great fuckin' idea, I know. Thanks MS.

So, I "jailbroke"/unlocked it for my brother, but now we are looking for a way to play RuneScape and other Java-based games. Is there any ARM-Compatible App that can help us do this with or without the Jailbreak? Or is it just impossible to do this, jailbroken or not.

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in Advanced,
Wreckless

(I believe this is the right section for this, if not, I apologize!)

java is unbelievably easy to hack, they didnt drop the ball there, as long as it has flash.

and try google next time. "ARM java app"

Rogu3
Reaction score
Thank you very much, I did try Google, but I think I may have made the search credentials a bit too specific, so the results weren't helpful. Thank you and I'll let you know if it works.

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I doubt the ARM Java is going to work on Windows 8 RT as it's for Linux distributions (Raspbian for example).

It's unlikely to ever happen. You should read post.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

runescape 3 will be coded in HTML 5

Rogu3
Reaction score

runescape 3 will be coded in HTML 5
I know, but the problem is their HTML5 beta is (for some odd reason) only for Chrome. Like it won't say "Play" on the beta page unless you have Chrome. And as you may or may not know, Chrome is not yet available for Tablets. Once again, dammit MS. So, until the Beta is over, we'll have to do this.

Thank you though!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know, but the problem is their HTML5 beta is (for some odd reason) only for Chrome. Like it won't say "Play" on the beta page unless you have Chrome. And as you may or may not know, Chrome is not yet available for Tablets. Once again, dammit MS. So, until the Beta is over, we'll have to do this.

Thank you though!

orly?

here how to get it

note its not the first one they show, its the second.

Rogu3
Reaction score
orly?
How do you find this stuff? :?:

But how do I get it on the Tablet? I don't see it in the Windows Store?
When I Google it, I found this.
Wreckless - Windows 8 RT Tablet - Play Java Based Games? - RaGEZONE Forums

Wreckless - Windows 8 RT Tablet - Play Java Based Games? - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
Bit late... but he's talking about Windows RT, which is not the same as Windows 8. I know, it's stupid and confusing, but RT was compiled for ARM whereas Windows 8 is for x86/64.

As for java, MS definitely did not drop the ball there, java is a pile of poop that I've refused to install for years now. Java is dead, end of story.

Back