• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Windows XP...programs which run in cmd and...CLOSING -.-

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Searched a few places for a solution, but none seemed to be exactly what I needed. Is there a way that I can stop cmd from closing when I use a program which opens a new cmd box up? It's really annoying, I have no problems when I run the exes directly, but when I need to use it with other programs which I can't run in cmd, it's really annoying. Any solutions?

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
A good question. I haven't had any that I couldn't have solved by opening cmd beforehand, but if there's a trick to have a window stay up without this I'd sure like to know.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is by design.

The programs are supposed to be run from the command prompt.

I have created a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+T) to open a command prompt, so it's a lot easier to get one when you need it.

Back