• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Wokf editing trools

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can someone please release the map editor tool for wokf and any of the other tools that were never released on here? As mayhem dev has map editor and other tools but wont release or sell the tools would become very usefull to someone like me who wants to run their server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The mayhem dev uses the editor made by Thanatos/Engima/FairX and AnimeHunterX called the "Hellion Editor" which he paid them for and anyone else can do so, however I am currently working on refining some tools for release that I would put on here for free that allows editing (many more options for all things than the old tools found on here) of:

1. Items and all of their attributes in the tagbaseatt.lst
  2. Buffs and their options in the tagbuff.lst
  3. Buff triggers in the tagbufftrigger.lst
  4. Crafting tables(gear, ores, woods etc.. even forging) in the tagcompose.lst
  5. Mobs and NPC's in the tagNPCatt.lst
  6. The travel officer options and costs in the tagposthouse.lst
  7. The NPC shops, what they stock, what shop type they are(skillbook shop, coin shop, crafting NPC, rep shop etc..) in the tagshopdata.lst
  8. The random "World" loot such as animal hides and bowls in the tagworldloottable.lst(including the rate at which these drop)
  9. All quest data including requirements to complete the quest and the rwards in the all_task.qdb file
  10. And finally NPC/Mob location, amount, placement of static objects such as buildings, portals, fences or trees in the .MB files for each map.

However I am a busy person with other coding projects and this is not my highest priority, I will get them finished and released though I cannot confirm when. If time permist I may eventually make and release tools for raising the level cap and changing certain things like what items are in your pack when you create your character.

I also know a hack for wokf that can give you double exp and reputation at all time but as per forum rules I cannot release that on this forum.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The mayhem dev uses the editor made by Thanatos/Engima/FairX and AnimeHunterX called the "Hellion Editor" which he paid them for and anyone else can do so, however I am currently working on refining some tools for release that I would put on here for free that allows editing (many more options for all things than the old tools found on here) of:

7. The NPC shops, what they stock, what shop type they are(skillbook shop, coin shop, crafting NPC, rep shop etc..) in the tagshopdata.lst
  8. The random "World" loot such as animal hides and bowls in the tagworldloottable.lst(including the rate at which these drop)
  9. All quest data including requirements to complete the quest and the rwards in the all_task.qdb file
  10. And finally NPC/Mob location, amount, placement of static objects such as buildings, portals, fences or trees in the .MB files for each map.

However I am a busy person with other coding projects and this is not my highest priority, I will get them finished and released though I cannot confirm when. If time permist I may eventually make and release tools for raising the level cap and changing certain things like what items are in your pack when you create your character.

I also know a hack for wokf that can give you double exp and reputation at all time but as per forum rules I cannot release that on this forum.

It's good to know u still care about it. I made it for my community and they like this game much even many other games graphics better nowaday. Our facebook even more than WOKFrance ^^ it's about 2k+ now.

I passed a week but no result at a small bug but very annoying: default hide name option, can't turn it off on Window 7. One more thing, do u know how can i force the client to display utf-8 ingame?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I passed a week but no result at a small bug but very annoying: default hide name option, can't turn it off on Window 7. One more thing, do u know how can i force the client to display utf-8 ingame?

The "Hide Name" option in the patcher settings tab has never done anything on any client I have seen, I assume it is a function that was never finished before release. The lack of proper Unicode/UTF-8 support in the client is in part due to it being older than most people thinks(the actually base code for the client and server from my reading is from no later than around 2000-2001) and utf-8 support seems to have been possibly deliberately disallowed in at least the English client for reasons unknown, adding proper support would require recoding the client itself as far as I know.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The "Hide Name" option in the patcher settings tab has never done anything on any client I have seen, I assume it is a function that was never finished before release. The lack of proper Unicode/UTF-8 support in the client is in part due to it being older than most people thinks(the actually base code for the client and server from my reading is from no later than around 2000-2001) and utf-8 support seems to have been possibly deliberately disallowed in at least the English client for reasons unknown, adding proper support would require recoding the client itself as far as I know.

I'm using the client 1.0.81 or even 1.0.83 and for win 7 users, that option make u first come inside game, it does not display the UI and u must press Ctrl + F11 to display it. I lost many gamers becoz of that becoz almost dont read before playing, so when they try to press from F1 -> F12 and nothing happen, they quit. (sorry for my lazy gamers =.=)

I also think about the utf-8 like that, but still hope that someone have a way to fix it by add something to a dll file that they load to the client. But it's ok, i will use translate without utf-8 first. Thanks for replying.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using the client 1.0.81 or even 1.0.83 and for win 7 users, that option make u first come inside game, it does not display the UI and u must press Ctrl + F11 to display it. I lost many gamers becoz of that becoz almost dont read before playing, so when they try to press from F1 -> F12 and nothing happen, they quit. (sorry for my lazy gamers =.=)

I also think about the utf-8 like that, but still hope that someone have a way to fix it by add something to a dll file that they load to the client. But it's ok, i will use translate without utf-8 first. Thanks for replying.

The interface issue I believe, if you use your own custom installer for your client and you compile the installer on a 64-bit win 8 or win 7 PC and set the installer to add the registry entries for wokf upon install can sometimes result in the issue not occurring for most people, or having the installer tell them on the completion page to use the ctrl+F11 shortcut/to run as Administrator and in compatibility made for Windows XP could also help with that.

As for the lack of unicode support in the client coding I have no experience with the specific act of injecting code into a compiled program to add unicode support when it is not native but I do think it would be quite a complex task as you would have to have it bypass the original encoding type in the file and finding that by reversing through assembler code would be difficult as it wouldn't be very recognizable in it's compiled state. Adding unicode support directly into the C++ source before the exe/dll is compiled is quite easy, unfortunately I don't know of any way to get the source for any of the wokf files though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The interface issue I believe, if you use your own custom installer for your client and you compile the installer on a 64-bit win 8 or win 7 PC and set the installer to add the registry entries for wokf upon install can sometimes result in the issue not occurring for most people, or having the installer tell them on the completion page to use the ctrl+F11 shortcut/to run as Administrator and in compatibility made for Windows XP could also help with that.

As for the lack of unicode support in the client coding I have no experience with the specific act of injecting code into a compiled program to add unicode support when it is not native but I do think it would be quite a complex task as you would have to have it bypass the original encoding type in the file and finding that by reversing through assembler code would be difficult as it wouldn't be very recognizable in it's compiled state. Adding unicode support directly into the C++ source before the exe/dll is compiled is quite easy, unfortunately I don't know of any way to get the source for any of the wokf files though.

Yah i found out that it's encode iso-8559-1 for the English client (=.= FML, why not UTF-8). I hoped the China client did but no lucky on downloading any China clients atm. It's not too importand now anymore, my players accept the translation without special signals.

The interface issue i really dont get your mean with the registry. I can make custom installer, but how the registry can help to turn it off when we start the launcher, it will change the default value? btw, it's a nice idea to invest time.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

With that tool I can open the file "tagshopdata.lst" I try with the "Hellion Editor" but there is no option for that file =S

(Translated from Spanish by google)

Back