• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

World may be forced to go vegetarian by 2050, scientists say

Reaction score
Nah, meat grown in vats will become normal once people get used to the idea.

Seriously, the crap they put into most meat products these days, we will all be better off when there isn't hooves to worry about!

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well then it's not all bad...

Reaction score
I love how everyone talks about becoming vegetarian when you (have to) eat less meat or even very little. Most people about 50 years ago only had money to have meat like once per week, there were times people were just mostly living of fruits and vegetables, this didn't mean they were vegetarian, just meant they couldn't afford a lot of meat.

That's where we need to head towards anyway, let's ignore the whole water thing for now, what's much worse is the fact that the diseases animals have, are getting worse and worse, the way we produce meat is just absolutely horrible for our health, we need to stop putting so much crap in them, we need to stop trying to make them grow faster then nature allows, we need to stop putting them in small holes and just allow them to live like they should, have some freedom, have proper food etc.

Yes this will raise the prices of meat big time, yes it will be the end of McDonalds, KFC, BK etc etc and most people will only eat meat once or twice per week, but hey, it will be safe, will be much healthier, taste better and will force us to eat healthier other foods.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
According to the Stockholm International Water Institute, "There will not be enough water available on current croplands to produce food for the expected 9 billion population in 2050 if we follow current trends and changes towards diets common in western nations."

How will there not be enough water on crop lands, I don't understand how there won't be enough water as water never runs out?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
everything runs out, but i guess its impossible for us to "finish" the waters on earth. also i recall they found water on the moon.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
everything runs out, but i guess its impossible for us to "finish" the waters on earth. also i recall they found water on the moon.

Your actually wrong because the water on earth will never run out.

No, the Earth will not run out of water. That's because the amount of water is always the same -- it just changes in form. Water from oceans, lakes and rivers evaporates into the atmosphere. There it becomes clouds and returns to Earth as rain or snow. Plants and animals consume water, but they also release water

Source:Discovery Kids :: Tell Me - Will the Earth ever run out of water?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
youre wrong.
they wont run out soon, thats for sure, but dont forget ppl take water, clean it in and make it able for drinking, washing and useable. they will run out, as theres a certain amount, and that amount will run out.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As long as animals are getting butchered, animals are getting bred. We won't be running out any time soon. I doubt shortages of meat will happen either.

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Meh, they already have animal cloning down packed. If we run short, they could just dump money into cloning more cows. Problem solved... Sorta.... It still takes an egg to make a cow... So yea... Maybe that wouldn't work on a mass scale, as eggs are pretty hard to come by, and they're only good for one use.

Back