Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Worst day of my life

Reaction score
You should be gracious that only your iPhone was stolen. Most people, including myself, have not gotten off so easy when being robbed.

If two guys initially approached you and then they had a follow-up with more thugs, then I'm assuming crime is nothing new in your area.

With that being said, what the duck were you walking around on your own without some kind of self-defense mechanism (pepper spray, tazer, etc) for? I've been robbed too - my apartment was broken into about a year after I resigned here and over $3000 worth of stuff was stolen. Was it the robbers' fault? Ultimately yes, but I could've gotten off way easier if I had a home security system or something like that in place because my area is not exactly the greatest part of the city.

Use this as a learning experience. In reality, you should've known better and this could have probably been avoided if you took initial precautions in the first place. If you're walking alone, always have that gun with you. If anyone fucks with you, shoot them in the Ducking leg. If their friends approach you afterwards in a threatening manner, shoot the duck out of them too. Not only will you save your stuff in the future, you'll feel alpha as duck.

Everybody loves DTB
Legend
Reaction score
Best advice to avoid getting robbed in the future is to make yourself less of a target. Don't walk around on your own with your iPhone in your hand or with your MP3 Player showing via headphones etc.

I wouldn't take Kaoiis advice - someone someday will take that gun of you, shove it up your butt and use you as a silencer.

Reaction score
Best advice to avoid getting robbed in the future is to make yourself less of a target. Don't walk around on your own with your iPhone in your hand or with your MP3 Player showing via headphones etc.

I wouldn't take Kaoiis advice - someone someday will take that gun of you, shove it up your butt and use you as a silencer.

If someone takes the gun out of his hand then he's doing it wrong, but now that I think of it it's equally likely the thug could have their own gun, in which case things could escalate quickly.

Instead of a gun, maybe a tazer would be better for self-defense, something that isn't lethal force and stuns whoever it is used on.

Everybody loves DTB
Legend
Reaction score
21 feet is the distance someone can travel before a person takes out a gun, takes the safety off, aim and fire. If someone is within that distance the chance of the gun user actually getting a viable shot off is greatly diminished. This would also include tazers.

Na Nach Nachma Nachman Meuman
Loyal Member
Reaction score
21 feet is the distance someone can travel before a person takes out a gun, takes the safety off, aim and fire. If someone is within that distance the chance of the gun user actually getting a viable shot off is greatly diminished. This would also include tazers.
If your a Texan then it'll take less.

Everybody loves DTB
Legend
Reaction score
Also Tazers are grossly ineffective against anyone wearing anything more than a T-Shirt. If you have a heavy jumper/coat on then the barbs won't penetrate all the way through into the skin and become useless.

Infact I once saw someone get tazered, and because it didn't connect properly he ended up wrapping the wire around the Police Officers throat and trying to strangle him with it, was hilarious after we ended up cuffing him.

If your a Texan then it'll take less.

Hardly, 21 feet is quite a distance if you think about it but you can cover it in like 3-4 running steps. All they need to do then is tackle you/grab the gun.

Also consider this, most criminals do not have guns as they are hard to come by. If you have a gun and people know you have a gun, it really does make you more of a target as you have something they really want.

Na Nach Nachma Nachman Meuman
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Also Tazers are grossly ineffective against anyone wearing anything more than a T-Shirt. If you have a heavy jumper/coat on then the barbs won't penetrate all the way through into the skin and become useless.

Infact I once saw someone get tazered, and because it didn't connect properly he ended up wrapping the wire around the Police Officers throat and trying to strangle him with it, was hilarious after we ended up cuffing him.
Imo, Tazers are ineffective in todays society regardless. Since people decide to use guns and have gun-fights with Tom, penis and Harry, the only way you can get them to stop is by killing them or surrounding them with police with guns themselves.

Everybody loves DTB
Legend
Reaction score
Non-Lethal Options should always have a place in society. The Police don't routinely use Tazers against someone carrying a firearm, but I have used/seen them used against people being physically aggressive with anything from their own body to carrying weapons such as bottles, knives etc.

If someone brandishes a firearm then the Police show them what real firearms are.

Everybody loves DTB
Legend
Reaction score
Haha funnily enough I detest guns. Give everyone a sword and a shield and I guarantee people will think more than twice before attempting to kill someone. Guns make it too easy for violence to be committed.

Everybody loves DTB
Legend
Reaction score
Actually I don't feel it's the best system. 80% of the population are borderline mentally challenged, why should they have the same voting power that I do?

Back