Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Wtf is this for computer??

Reaction score
today i opened my computer, because i wanted to upgrade my videocard.
But when i looked, i saw that the slot where i need to put my video card is gone :|

is there any other slot to put a videocard, or a way to fix the slot?

If you need a picture, just ask.

thanks in advance!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
d.^.^.b
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well then again it could be intergrated ik i opened my old computer up and it was from dell and had no room for a single upgrade so if you have a dell u might be screwed

Reaction score
Added images,

Shouldn't the red area be the place where the video card slot is?

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Rajito - Wtf is this for computer?? - RaGEZONE Forums

that is the slot i mean ( the black one, got picture from the internet.)

d.^.^.b
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yeah it should go right therhe that is how my mobo is set up what mobo do you have?

Reaction score
That board (is an older board and) comes with Integrated Graphics. It can be extended using only 3 PCI slots.

A Video card slot was never there, and doesn't go there on that board.. Though I have to admit, you're pretty funny.

You want a PCI video card.... Unfortunately...

I'd suggest this one:

Not 100% sure if the above will work for you or not, I'm assuming you have Windows XP 32-bit. This card should work for that, and it should work with your board. It should also work for Linux.. I'm pretty sure it will not work for Windows Vista or 7. Does your integrated graphics work? If not, I'm not so sure. You may have to edit something in the BIOS for it to work, which is a catch-22 with video cards- how can you edit the BIOS if you can't see anything on the screen?

In my experiences with computer repair, video cards usually -just- work out-of-the-box (your board isn't that old)., despite the fact they come with software drivers (which may be needed for advanced functionality, don't ignore them)

As for the video card you bought, try to take/send it back.

ALWAYS do the research before buying a computer part. RAM, video cards and CPUs especially should never be bought blindly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I didn't bought the video card,
i took it from another pc to see if it worked on my pc.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

to s-p-n
thanks
yes the pc is original xp 32 bit , but i'm also running ubuntu and w7 on it.

the integrated card works fine on ubuntu and xp, but is doing weird on w7 (cause its old)

but the integrated video card isn't powerful enough ,thats why i need a new video card.

are there any better videocards that fit in my mobo?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I didn't bought the video card,
i took it from another pc to see if it worked on my pc.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

to s-p-n
thanks
yes the pc is original xp 32 bit , but i'm also running ubuntu and w7 on it.

the integrated card works fine on ubuntu and xp, but is doing weird on w7 (cause its old)

but the integrated video card isn't powerful enough ,thats why i need a new video card.

It's not worth getting a PCI videocard to be honest. Saving up for a new rig would be better.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
today i opened my computer, because i wanted to upgrade my videocard.
But when i looked, i saw that the slot where i need to put my video card is gone :|

is there any other slot to put a videocard, or a way to fix the slot?

If you need a picture, just ask.

thanks in advance!

To make a long story short, your motherboard manufacture decided you were not worthy of a graphics port. So they seem to not fit you with one. :lol: If you want to upgrade your graphics you would have to purchase a PCI card. Note that I said PCI not PCI-E. Also note that the performance wont be substantial for extreme gaming etc. To be quite honest PCI graphics cards are becoming scarce. It would probably be better like stated above and just save up for a new rig later on.

Reaction score
Remember when I said "unfortunately" I meant, it's not going to be a good video card, it might be overly priced (fortunately, I found one that's good value for ya), and they're few and far between.

The one I showed you might not even be good enough to play games like Spore or Sims 2- basically it just meets the requirements to run the Visual Effects on Ubuntu, Unity, KDE4.3 or Gnome3. It's not (lol) for gaming, and that PC will never be for any kind of modern-day gaming, (sorry).

I wouldn't get that card unless your integrated graphics is toast.

For now, just save up for a new PC with windows 7 installed by default.. if you want win7.

Give that PC to a younger sibling, niece or nephew maybe.. If not that, convert it to a stand-alone server or a router+firewall once you get a new PC (I never like to see a computer go to waste...)

Don't try finding a better PCI video card... Not worth-while, and none of them are that good :/: Not to mention if you do find a good video card, your bottlenecks will stop it from being good. DDR(1) Ram can't be that good.. Then finding a CPU for that board to eliminate that bottleneck is another battle.

You'd be spending more money to make it almost modern, then you would buying a modern PC. (Older parts are more expensive- newer technology takes less to make more, if u get what I'm saying)

Last edited:
Back