• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Private X-Mas Challenge (to all applicable)

Moongran
Reaction score
you're right. there will be another release on christmas, of course!
wait for it because it's gonna be just as useless as my previous one

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey everyone, found this thread, and couldn't agree more! I'm going to release the DstroyerDev source (the non-public v83 MoongraMS/KineticStory). We've made a lot of progress, and hopefully it will stand out as an alternative v83 source! (not that there is anything wrong with other ones)

This will include everything, not trolled, and will probably allow amateurs to get there hands on something where all the work is done. Oh well, whatever happened to free? Still much to be done, we could have coded things differently, but it would be nice if people started picking through it and maybe some post development will come of it.

The first reason for the release is Moogra already agreed to the release, and all KineticStory scripts have either been removed or changed to the point they're no longer unique. The second reason is a recent v88 leak of MoongraMS proved to be profitable, as the v83 source I'm releasing was the base source for the v88 leak. DstroyerDev has already merged most of the source, and our v88 Beta Server will run while we prepare for an upgrade.

Until then, I'm also releasing something before Christmas. You can read about the event here:

http://dstroyerms.com/?base=main&page=news&id=20

The release post is under the release section, here:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f427/dstroyerdev-christmas-1041538/#post8285442

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Best christmas present is one a leecher cannot use!

Hmmm. Good point. I had to earn my place here (still am), and a second thought says that everything in one shot is too much.

I could just release the KintecStory source that I built the DstroyerDev project on. It was missing MaplePacketCreator.java, the SQL files, and a few other Java Classes. Moogra gave me a later LocalMS revision, so after about 2 days of formatting the MaplePacketCreator and SQL database from that, I cleaned up every error and had my first successful build. Also had to redo MapleMap.java and MapleCharacter.java. Anyone who knows what they are doing can get it to build in half the time it took me.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Good point. I had to earn my place here (still am), and a second thought says that everything in one shot is too much.

I could just release the KintecStory source that I built the DstroyerDev project on. It was missing MaplePacketCreator.java, the SQL files, and a few other Java Classes. Moogra gave me a later LocalMS revision, so after about 2 days of formatting the MaplePacketCreator and SQL database from that, I cleaned up every error and had my first successful build. Also had to redo MapleMap.java and MapleCharacter.java. Anyone who knows what they are doing can get it to build in half the time it took me.

Or you can end up with 50 help threads about how to get it to work lol. Any release of any type is good, but if there's away to make it anti leecher proof, even better! My release for Christmas is essentially useless(to leechers) and by that standards; leecher proof.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Or you can end up with 50 help threads about how to get it to work lol. Any release of any type is good, but if there's away to make it anti leecher proof, even better! My release for Christmas is essentially useless(to leechers) and by that standards; leecher proof.

Again true. Maybe the first build after all the rework, and MoopleDev scripts instead of mine. There's an exploit to make your character an admin, all transformations turn you into a Barrel (pretty hilarious), no PQ fixes, Stun never cancels, dupe exploits aren't patched, shops aren't fixed (but still work 50%), and good luck with Zakum and Pink Bean without Power/Magic/Armor Crash skills working, and a couple skills DC the map.

Obviously all that is fixed in the spoon feed release I was planning, but you talked me out of it :tongue:

This sounds a little bit more leech proof, and the release isn't crap either because a lot of shootsource was written phenomenally.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Would have been cool to go on RZ on xmas and see a million release threads at once. Nah, people had to ruin that.

Hopefully most of it isn't trolled sources, repacks, or an NPC script some else made other than the original poster.

PHP:
probability < reality

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hopefully most of it isn't trolled sources, repacks, or an NPC script some else made other than the original poster.

PHP:
probability < reality
Only time will show. If people release 157 sources they will probably contribute to the non-leech community as it'll be pretty useless because of 158 coming out and changing opcodes

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Again true. Maybe the first build after all the rework, and MoopleDev scripts instead of mine. There's an exploit to make your character an admin, all transformations turn you into a Barrel (pretty hilarious), no PQ fixes, Stun never cancels, dupe exploits aren't patched, shops aren't fixed (but still work 50%), and good luck with Zakum and Pink Bean without Power/Magic/Armor Crash skills working, and a couple skills DC the map.

Obviously all that is fixed in the spoon feed release I was planning, but you talked me out of it :tongue:

This sounds a little bit more leech proof, and the release isn't crap either because a lot of shootsource was written phenomenally.

I'm pretty sure exploits aren't allowed at all in this section. Pb and zakum aren't hard either. What makes pb hard in earlier versions is the dr not the weapon/magic cancel. Fix it up and make a proper release. I'm pretty sure the source wasn't given to you so you could make an halfassed release to prevent people from leeching.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was thinking of releasing a v117.2 Source W/ Customs or Custom Events? Should I even bother? (The Source is bugles).
- Also, anyone here know amazing PHP?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was thinking of releasing a v117.2 Source W/ Customs or Custom Events? Should I even bother? (The Source is bugles).
What's "Customs"? Custom events seems like something that would be appreciated by the community tho.

Interesting...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure exploits aren't allowed at all in this section. Pb and zakum aren't hard either. What makes pb hard in earlier versions is the dr not the weapon/magic cancel. Fix it up and make a proper release. I'm pretty sure the source wasn't given to you so you could make an halfassed release to prevent people from leeching.

I fully agree. If you're going to release a source, especially one where other people did 99% of the work, you should either release it in its entirety, or don't release it at all.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I fully agree. If you're going to release a source, especially one where other people did 99% of the work, you should either release it in its entirety, or don't release it at all.

It's being released in the exact condition I had it in, along with first build once missing files were provided from Moogra. Without the event scripts, per request.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nothing is bugless and in this point in time v117 is obsolete since 2012. Release or not, it makes no difference aside from a nice returnable gift for Christmas! Leave the receipt okay?

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't worry I'm still releasing something on christmas, I misread the op's instructions and thought I had x amount of days to release something BEFORE Christmas.. Anyways I'll release something on it don't worry.

Back