• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Xbox One: Policies Changed.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
In the recent events which lead Sony to take E3 by storm and leave Microsoft in the dust. They have today acted upon the policies they have set in place and decided to change them.

Which leaves many gamers to rejoice and some still not happy about it because of the way in which they went about doing it. Hoping that their satistfied customers would of jumped shipped with them only resulting in a back fire. This brings much rejoice to their faithful gamers and those having second opinions on the console.

There official address to it.
Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console — there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

Link to there updated Q&A:

Thoughts?! Discuss below.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ps4 Features, Still Blow Xbox One out of the water gaming wise. Xbox have really let gamers down and gone for a "family console"

Rogu3
Reaction score
I'm not going to argue over which system is better anymore. Sony Fans will buy PS4 and Xbox Fans will buy Xbox One. People in the middle, there aren't many of them even though many of them will just decide based on wrong information and theories that aren't supported by each company. Think about it, if you've been playing PS3 most of your friends are going to stick to PSN and go to PS4. You're going to most likely go with them. If you've been playing Xbox 360, most of your friends are going to stick to Xbox LIVE and go to Xbox 360. The only people who might change are people who don't play online.

It's way too early to judge these systems even after E3. I'm waiting until the systems are released to really judge anything. Most of the comments made on the systems are hypocritical anyway. "You have to be online 24/7 for Xbox One, and PSN is Free!" If you're going to be online on PS4, why couldn't you be online on Xbox One?

I've made comments before too on these systems, but I'm choosing to stop now until enough information is given to really judge both products, which is when their released...

Ps4 Features, Still Blow Xbox One out of the water gaming wise. Xbox have really let gamers down and gone for a "family console"
Define "family console", it's not a family console unless you make it a family console.

The light can't stop me.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have to say I'm a little disappointed that they did this. I was looking forward to the new features that they announced and now they've gone ahead and ditched it all - no shared libraries for friends and family, always needing a disc to play.. It's kinda upset me :(

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Still gonna be getting the PS4, I'm not after some stupid "entertainment centre" that offers more features and exclusives for Americans than Europeans/Brits. We get duck all! Doesn't justify the extra cash!

Fell In Love Without You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have to say I'm a little disappointed that they did this. I was looking forward to the new features that they announced and now they've gone ahead and ditched it all - no shared libraries for friends and family, always needing a disc to play.. It's kinda upset me :(

This, fanboys won, not the fans :*:

All Digital Media will happen eventually, mark my words. And when it does, I guarantee you is gonna be a scum company like Apple, and they will be cherished as "geniuses".

Sad day for technology...

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Such as....?? Oh yeah that's right Sony fanboy in the house.

I'll field this one Ben...if you don't mind. :)

Spec-wise the PS4 beats the Xbox One by a good margin...

They both have the same processor but with the Xbox only having a 68GB/sec tunnel between CPU/GPU compared to PS4's 176GB/sec..looks like a bottleneck for game developpers on the Xbox. I see stutter in the Xbox's future when games take their next step....requiring a new hardware purchase to keep up with game advances.

Not to mention the PS4 will have a GPU equivalent HD7870 while the Xbox has the equivalent of a HD7790...that might not sound like alot to some...but here's a break down of numbers:

Power Consumption (Max TDP)

Radeon HD 7790
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
85 Watts
Radeon HD 7870
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
175 Watts
Difference: 90 Watts (106%)
Memory Bandwidth

As far as performance goes, the Radeon HD 7870 should in theory be a lot superior to the Radeon HD 7790 in general.
Radeon HD 7870
153600 MB/sec
Radeon HD 7790
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
96000 MB/sec
Difference: 57600 (60%)
Texel Rate

The Radeon HD 7870 should be a lot (approximately 43%) better at AF than the Radeon HD 7790.
Radeon HD 7870
80000 Mtexels/sec
Radeon HD 7790
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
56000 Mtexels/sec
Difference: 24000 (43%)
Pixel Rate

The Radeon HD 7870 should be much (more or less 100%) better at AA than the Radeon HD 7790, and should be able to handle higher screen resolutions better.
Radeon HD 7870
32000 Mpixels/sec
Radeon HD 7790
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
16000 Mpixels/sec
Difference: 16000 (100%)

Xbox will have 8GB of DDR3 while the PS4 will have 8GB of GDDR5 hence the higher bandwidth to the CPU and GPU...

Oh...and last but not least...$100 cheaper...

You be the judge.

And for the record..I'm a PC gamer and don't own any console systems so I'm not a fanboy of either :)

Fell In Love Without You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'll field this one Ben...if you don't mind. :)

Spec-wise the PS4 beats the Xbox One by a good margin...

They both have the same processor but with the Xbox only having a 68GB/sec tunnel between CPU/GPU compared to PS4's 176GB/sec..looks like a bottleneck for game developpers on the Xbox. I see stutter in the Xbox's future when games take their next step....requiring a new hardware purchase to keep up with game advances.

Not to mention the PS4 will have a GPU equivalent HD7870 while the Xbox has the equivalent of a HD7790...that might not sound like alot to some...but here's a break down of numbers:

Power Consumption (Max TDP)

Radeon HD 7790
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
85 Watts
Radeon HD 7870
175 Watts
Difference: 90 Watts (106%)
Memory Bandwidth

As far as performance goes, the Radeon HD 7870 should in theory be a lot superior to the Radeon HD 7790 in general.
Radeon HD 7870
153600 MB/sec
Radeon HD 7790
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
96000 MB/sec
Difference: 57600 (60%)
Texel Rate

The Radeon HD 7870 should be a lot (approximately 43%) better at AF than the Radeon HD 7790.
Radeon HD 7870
80000 Mtexels/sec
Radeon HD 7790
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
56000 Mtexels/sec
Difference: 24000 (43%)
Pixel Rate

The Radeon HD 7870 should be much (more or less 100%) better at AA than the Radeon HD 7790, and should be able to handle higher screen resolutions better.
Radeon HD 7870
32000 Mpixels/sec
Radeon HD 7790
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
16000 Mpixels/sec
Difference: 16000 (100%)

Xbox will have 8GB of DDR3 while the PS4 will have 8GB of GDDR5 hence the higher bandwidth to the CPU and GPU...

Oh...and last but not least...$100 cheaper...

You be the judge.

And for the record..I'm a PC gamer and don't own any console systems so I'm not a fanboy of either :)

You're talking about specs? Last time I heard Sony saying their console was revolutionary cause of the specs and the new architecture, They bragged how games were gonna be realistic, we got poop.

The "feature" argument with Ben, is that everything that PS4 has to offer, the Xbox has been doing for A LONG time.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Meh, I'm sticking to my PC since you have to pay for both. Only reason I had a PS3 was because it was free online. If I'm getting any console it's going to be the Wii U because they're the only people who haven't disappointed me yet.

Reaction score
You're talking about specs? Last time I heard Sony saying their console was revolutionary cause of the specs and the new architecture, They bragged how games were gonna be realistic, we got poop.

The "feature" argument with Ben, is that everything that PS4 has to offer, the Xbox has been doing for A LONG time.

This is just the beginning of the realistic graphics...lol

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Your rebuttal makes absolutely no sense when my post PROVES PS4 is leading in hardware specs. So how can Xbox have been leading in the field when they are obviously behind? Even for the future? No GDDR5 RAM installed on the machine whatsoever? What does that mean 2 years down the line when graphics require more than a 68GB tunnel to smoothly compute games? Another $500 shelled out while PS4 keeps dropping titles....

As stated before..I own no consoles whatever and would never even think of buying a console that is 75% media center 25% gaming center..I mean no gamer worth his weight in prestige would attempt to run next gen games on a Media center PC...thats unheard of.

Fell In Love Without You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is just the beginning of the realistic graphics...lol
lol been a PC gamer long time, and not even Crysis 3 at ultra looks "realistic". what makes you think consoles can do it?

Your rebuttal makes absolutely no sense when my post PROVES PS4 is leading in hardware specs. So how can Xbox have been leading in the field when they are obviously behind? Even for the future? No GDDR5 RAM installed on the machine whatsoever? What does that mean 2 years down the line when graphics require more than a 68GB tunnel to smoothly compute games? Another $500 shelled out while PS4 keeps dropping titles....

As stated before..I own no consoles whatever and would never even think of buying a console that is 75% media center 25% gaming center..I mean no gamer worth his weight in prestige would attempt to run next gen games on a Media center PC...thats unheard of.

Oh please!! Your argument is invalid, you've owned no consoles of previous generation. Last generation by paper the PS3 was by far the strongest console in the market, Most of the games from either side were pretty much similar graphical wise.

Your hardware spec comparison reminds me of car enthusiasts who claim their car is better because it has 300BHP more and its a V12.
Let me ask you something, the PS3 had a far superior hardware than a xbox 360, where was the substantial difference in graphics between the two? This Generation will be the same, all multiplat will look the same, while exclusive will look unique in different ways.

What I don't understand is how I got in a discussion with you about hardware spec? I was discussing "Features" with Ben, not hardware spec.

You know PS4 "features" as PSN+, streaming Movies and Radio? party chats? video chats? sending messages, downloadable apps, etc.

And to call it 75% media center and 25% gaming, just proves how ignorant you are of the console market.

Reaction score
The PS3 had a superior CPU, the Xbox had had a superior GPU. They were both underutilized, and performed no differently.

I've been an Xbox & 360 user but will be switching to PS4. Lower price, not forced to use Kinect, great hardware, more shared titles between consoles, and Sony has definitely put more focus into this than Microsoft has with the Xbox One. The fact that they even had to make these changes in the first place proves just out-of-touch they were with their customers, and just how little research they did prior.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh please!! Your argument is invalid, you've owned no consoles of previous generation. Last generation by paper the PS3 was by far the strongest console in the market, Most of the games from either side were pretty much similar graphical wise.

Your hardware spec comparison reminds me of car enthusiasts who claim their car is better because it has 300BHP more and its a V12.
Let me ask you something, the PS3 had a far superior hardware than a xbox 360, where was the substantial difference in graphics between the two? This Generation will be the same, all multiplat will look the same, while exclusive will look unique in different ways.

What I don't understand is how I got in a discussion with you about hardware spec? I was discussing "Features" with Ben, not hardware spec.

You know PS4 "features" as PSN+, streaming Movies and Radio? party chats? video chats? sending messages, downloadable apps, etc.

And to call it 75% media center and 25% gaming, just proves how ignorant you are of the console market.

Valid arguments until the last part :)

Personally I think the whole TV and Skype crap on the Xbox One are worthless in a console....people buy a console to play games...not to use as a Cable box or a video chat machine....I feel these were additions that wasted developers time....and the voice commands??? I mean come on...are they really trying to bring Wall-E in to reality?? Are we really so lazy we can't walk 5 feet to turn the damn thing on?

You are correct about the features..I misread the post...

As for the specs conversation..your analogy is true...but it depends on what situation the car is better for...Sure a Veyron will smoke a minivan on a drag strip...but try to fit a 6 member family into a Veyron...the specs I speak of are better for what the machine is built for...gaming..and that what consoles are for. and I was really stressing the future of gaming...3 years down the road when Tesselation and AA are leaps and bounds above where they are now...look at the difference between GTA SA and GTA 4.....4 years difference and MASSIVE changes in hardware specs needed to run...

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's good that some companys look at consumer feedback, the DRM didn't really bother me because most people have a active internet connection, how does the DRM effect you in any way. I realise most of you will be like 'fanboy!!!!!!!' but I play both consoles and prefer the Xbox because I can communicate with my friends better, introducing Skype is cool because my computer doesn't even have a HD camera so with the Xbox one I could use the Kinect to chat with my friends. The entertainment side of it, alot of you are complaining about the TV side of it, no body is forcing you to buy it, why complain when they're adding new features?

Back