Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

]Xbox360[ CD scratching

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I got gears of war about a week ago for my xbox360...
I played about 1-2 hours a day...

I've recently tried to play co-op campaign with my cousin, and in the middle of the campaign it says "Please clean your disk, and restart your xbox".

I take a look at my cd...and there is a big scratch on it in a circle around the cd...

IT's a perfect circle, and it would have to have happened while it was spinning...
The scratch on the cd is about half an inch from the tips of the cd all around...

I got no idea what caused it....and im pretty freaking pissed off...I'm not going to buy a 80 $ game...just so that my xbox360 can eat it in 3-4 days...

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Check the disc tray for anything protruding upwards where the scratch was.

Especially the little tabs designed to hold 2.5" dicks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks i had a CD player in my car that actually was eating my CDs best thing is contact MS, they probably will offer to fix/repace your xbox but i doubt they will replace the game though, you may be able to pull off a return at where you bought it some places offer a 30day warranty.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you moved the xbox while it was reading the dvd?If you did its normal that the dvd was scrached, read the manual.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Did you moved the xbox while it was reading the dvd?If you did its normal that the dvd was scrached, read the manual.

You might be right. I did move my xbox360 once... I just moved it from vertical to horizontal though...And I can't remember if it was on or off.

Thanks for the hints guys.
I'm gonna look for my receit for gears of war, and try to exchange it.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
if u cant get it exchanged as some places dont take games back you can get the cd repaired :p

Fell In Love Without You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You might be right. I did move my xbox360 once... I just moved it from vertical to horizontal though...And I can't remember if it was on or off.

Thanks for the hints guys.
I'm gonna look for my receit for gears of war, and try to exchange it.
LMAO Pwn Your not suppose move the 360 when is on, it scratches your CD!!!! pWnnorageeee..heh it did the samething for my oblivion.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's bad design, a very bad design. Things inside the drive shouldn't be loose enough to hit the disk if the drive is moved.

Then again, maybe it's so tech support and game company can profit by saying "Sorry, you weren't supposed to do that, so the warranty doesn't cover it. Now go and buy another game."

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA what kind of game system chews up the discs..... anyways my cousin also has an xbox and it seems to "nick" the cd's occasionaly? maybe the drive gets to hot/ thus sways the discs making them hit the tray.

Or maybe the xbox360 like its older brother the xbox just also sucks like most microsoft products ^_^.. . . i still can't make my regular xbox read normal games that are not even scratched without getting the cd error message... what a pos... now my xbox is sitting in the corner collecting dust and some times since its so heavy i use it to prop doors open.:juggle:

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I has a solution!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
its funny how u have to rip apart your xbox360 to make it work correctly.

The box should come with a "some assembly required" label on the side.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's the DVD drive they used which is badly designed...

I just checked the drives in my PC, they also have the four 'anti-scratch' pads that the Xbox drives are missing.

Back