• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

You mad?

Reaction score
I don't see the problem. Just cos you're expecting a baby you can't buy poop for yourself?

It's not like he went out and built himself a whole new system; He simply got a little extra RAM, GFX card, a new mouse and a new monitor (possibly?). The rest of the stuff looks like it came from his old PC, and the 3rd monitor like he said was simply an unused LCD TV.

If anything, he should be doing this now instead of once the baby is born. What exactly is the problem with spending money on himself for the last time before he has to support a child for the next 18 years?

Y'all are a bunch of Ducking hypocrites, not a single one of you guys criticizing him haven't done a stupid irresponsible act yourself, so you should be the last people complaining about anything.

Back In Action
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow. Whilst he should have his priorities set towards the baby, we don't know his financial situation, you all need to lay off and realize, he probably won't have this opportunity again to upgrade his only other outlet for stress relief.

I'm sure you will be a great father Keith & wish you well on your future with you and your family. Everyone else needs to take something to chill out. Whether that's a time out on the naughty chair or a cold beer, just relax. Don't become the keyboard warrior which is too easy to become.

ON that note: EPIC SETUP IS VERY EPIC =D

Reaction score
I don't see the problem. Just cos you're expecting a baby you can't buy poop for yourself?

It's not like he went out and built himself a whole new system; He simply got a little extra RAM, GFX card, a new mouse and a new monitor (possibly?). The rest of the stuff looks like it came from his old PC, and the 3rd monitor like he said was simply an unused LCD TV.

If anything, he should be doing this now instead of once the baby is born. What exactly is the problem with spending money on himself for the last time before he has to support a child for the next 18 years?

Y'all are a bunch of Ducking hypocrites, not a single one of you guys criticizing him haven't done a stupid irresponsible act yourself, so you should be the last people complaining about anything.
Yes we have all done stupid irresponsible poop. Here is the thing though, we are not responsible for a life that can not make their own decisions.

Fact is that babies cost shitloads of money, fact is that he can't predict how much money he will require the coming years.

When you get a kid the rules are simple, unless you are rich, then you won't have much money left for these kind of things.

Now if I understood him correctly then he recently got a job, which means he has no job security yet and the economy is still poop, that means you don't buy anything unless you truly need it.

Basically, if you want to buy poop, don't get kids.

Reaction score
He can splurge now, sure but that money could of been put away for a rainy day, almost no one is 100% guaranteed a steady paycheck every single time for the next year or so, poop happens. Maybe you get pneumonia, maybe a family member dies so you miss a few days of work going to a funeral poop just adds up fast, when you miss 2-3 days on a pay check it hurts, you realize it real fast how much you need that $. I just personally don't see the logic in spending $ on this stuff.

Rish you bring up a good point, but the far better more logical point would of just been to put it away for a time of need.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow. Whilst he should have his priorities set towards the baby, we don't know his financial situation, you all need to lay off and realize, he probably won't have this opportunity again to upgrade his only other outlet for stress relief.

I'm sure you will be a great father Keith & wish you well on your future with you and your family. Everyone else needs to take something to chill out. Whether that's a time out on the naughty chair or a cold beer, just relax. Don't become the keyboard warrior which is too easy to become.

ON that note: EPIC SETUP IS VERY EPIC =D

I gathered from MentaLs post that he was moaning to dan himself about not having enough money for this baby.

So surely, keeping money aside for the baby instead of montiers is a priority?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
tb Ducking honest.
a baby is a living being, and i think the babys needs are much more than 3 moniters.

Mate, your going to be a father, your life is not going to be for youself anymore, its going to be for your boy, I would suggest starting to practice this new way of life, otherwise the mother will kick your butt hardcore.

+100

What pride is there to have when you have 3 monitors but can't afford food for your baby?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you have no money, and you're expecting a baby, why are you bragging about spending money on everything EXCEPT your baby?

Because he wants to and be the stopid father that later on disappears and misses 90% of the childhood of his child.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Laptop ftw bro ..

No really, you're having a child men, if you aren't matured enough to handle that, you must have taught of it before and wear freaking condom dude. For real, I don't want to hate on you (you're having enough haters as I can see) but come on ..

Reaction score
Do you need 3 monitors ? In fact even 2 ? You're just wasting electric and money. Like, what's your requirement or need of 3 monitors. Nothing personal but I doubt you do anything on your computer that requires 3 monitors.. If you're an admin of 12 servers that need constant monitoring maybe that can justify it, but sorry no.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Do you need 3 monitors ? In fact even 2 ? You're just wasting electric and money. Like, what's your requirement or need of 3 monitors. Nothing personal but I doubt you do anything on your computer that requires 3 monitors.. If you're an admin of 12 servers that need constant monitoring maybe that can justify it, but sorry no.

Good point, but still its pretty cool, no?

Reaction score
Yes we have all done stupid irresponsible poop. Here is the thing though, we are not responsible for a life that can not make their own decisions.

Fact is that babies cost shitloads of money, fact is that he can't predict how much money he will require the coming years.

When you get a kid the rules are simple, unless you are rich, then you won't have much money left for these kind of things.

Now if I understood him correctly then he recently got a job, which means he has no job security yet and the economy is still poop, that means you don't buy anything unless you truly need it.

Basically, if you want to buy poop, don't get kids.

Everyone seems to think that just because he was short on cash a few weeks ago, that we all know what his financial situation is. No, we don't.

He spent what, maybe $350 on himself to buy that stuff? If he loses his job, he's fucked either way, regardless if he had spent that money or not. Sure, as a new employee he may not have any job security yet, but without that job, that money (if he had saved it instead) is not going to go very far AT ALL.

Now if he has a fulltime job, he probably earns about $400 per week. So he spent less than 1 weeks wage on himself. From my calculations, his wife still has about 6 months to go until she gives birth. You honestly saying that with 6 months left to go, he cannot afford to spend less than 1 weeks wage on himself?

As someone who is currently saving up all of the money i earn to move to America with my fiance, i can appreciate the position he is in, and i know that the amount he spent on himself is overall insignificant.

MentaL's Slave
Legend
Reaction score
I think I trolled all of you.

Actually..all I spent on that setup recently was $100 and that was for the middle monitor,

and I bought a new GTX460

edit; my wife bought me the 460, correction.

The monitor was $100 dollars. (ebay ftw)
The "monitor" on the right is a TV, with HDMI connections, from the bed room, I've had this for 3-5 years.
The other monitor on the left, is the first one I got like 3 years ago.

I haven't spent any money, I couldn't spent.

And besides we have alot of stuff for the baby already, yes I know theres gonna be alot more needed for the baby, don't worry guys, I'll be fine :)

I was complaining to Dan that I didn't have money, when I didn't HAVE A JOB! now I do.

PS: The cans of spray is duster to clean the computer stuff off
PSS: Dawson I love you, sexy..remember the lube I used on you ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think I trolled all of you.

Actually..all I spent on that setup recently was $100 and that was for the middle monitor,

and I bought a new GTX460

The monitor was $100 dollars. (ebay ftw)
The "monitor" on the right is a TV, with HDMI connections, from the bed room, I've had this for 3-5 years.
The other monitor on the left, is the first one I got like 3 years ago.

I haven't spent any money, I couldn't spent.

And besides we have alot of stuff for the baby already, yes I know theres gonna be alot more needed for the baby, don't worry guys, I'll be fine :)

I was complaining to Dan that I didn't have money, when I didn't HAVE A JOB! now I do.

PS: The cans of spray is duster to clean the computer stuff off
PSS: Dawson I love you, sexy..remember the lube I used on you ;)

Well a GTX460 is about $180, so there you spent less than $300 in total.

Pisses me off when people who do the most immature poop try and bag someone else out for being irresponsible, especially when they don't even know half the facts. Bunch of tossers the lot of em.

Back