Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

You must reply before you can see the hidden data contained here.

Reaction score
"You must reply before you can see the hidden data contained here."
The above is a current feature that thread creators can use when releasing something.

This feature is generating pages and pages of "no content" spam posts basically.
I assume there's an option when creating a thread that states "You must like/react to this post before you can see data contained here." which seems to be an ideal option instead.

Just an observation from me. Not demanding anything. ;)

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
"You must reply before you can see the hidden data contained here."

This is generating pages and pages of "no content" spam posts basically.
I assume there's an option when creating a thread that states "You must like/react to this post before you can see data contained here." which seems to be an ideal option instead.

Just an observation from me. Not demanding anything. ;)
It will just cause thread spam and make it hard to find any answers inside the post. The thread reply is a great feature and and idea but hard to deploy on a forum like this.

Reaction score
It will just cause thread spam and make it hard to find any answers inside the post. The thread reply is a great feature and and idea but hard to deploy on a forum like this.

How is "liking" a post causing "thread spam"?
How will it make it hard to find answers in a post?

The "thread reply" feature is already enabled and is currently generating pages of spam posts.
I suggested that only the "post like" feature be enabled in order to eliminate the excessive spam posts.

I think you perhaps misunderstood my post.

A FORUM consists of SECTIONS.
A SECTION is a sub-level of a FORUM.
A THREAD is a sub-level of a SECTION.
A POST is a sub-level of a THREAD.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
How is "liking" a post causing "thread spam"?
How will it make it hard to find answers in a post?

The "thread reply" feature is already enabled and is currently generating pages of spam posts.
I suggested that only the "post like" feature be enabled in order to eliminate the excessive spam posts.

I think you perhaps misunderstood my post.

A FORUM consists of SECTIONS.
A SECTION is a sub-level of a FORUM.
A THREAD is a sub-level of a SECTION.
A POST is a sub-level of a THREAD.
I never said the liking a post is causing thread spam. I think the liking the thread is a good idea vs replying. Maybe you misunderstood my reply.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I never said the liking a post is causing thread spam. I think the liking the thread is a good idea vs replying. Maybe you misunderstood my reply.
Or perhaps it was your wording, you could have just liked the post to showcase some kind of *agreement*, or said exactly that.
The way you started your message was rather confusing, to be honest.

As for the general topic, can only agree, I can't think of too many cases when a response could be all that appropriate before having access to the content to begin with.
If it would be limited to resource upgrades, enforcing some kind of feedback regarding past versions then I'd understand, then again, that might just be a bit too specific.

Back