Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Turning a dedicated server into VPS's, Help.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright well the title basically says it all. Currently im running a 32 GB Ram Dedicated Server. Im looking to figure out how i can run that dedicated server and setup VPS's on it to resell.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There are many solutions but if you go VPS shopping you will see only a few major hypervisors in use. The major open source options are ( ), ( ), and ( ). The major closed source options are ( ) and ( ). They all have commercial support from their parent companies. I'm not sure of your technical background and/or broad Linux experience so I will 1st recommend either , , and/or . These are stand-alone freeware solutions and are managed via a Windows application client. I personally use in a DIY setup w/ / / but there are managed solutions like and . It's a jungle out there and it's up to you to try them all out.

---

Here's some links if DIY is your calling (Note: these are only starter guides and no security is considered)

Fedora (Minimal installer)

I live on the bleeding edge and so also suites my style and they have a good with many guides on virtualization.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Do you have skype? Id like to discuss some things with you.

Yes, but I will stick to the forum :p I've outlined the major players and you'll just need to try to find your fit. I haven't personally tried all above solutions either.

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would like to suggest that you please don't. Please please don't. Don't just jump into VPS selling, because you are going to crash and burn, horribly.
The area is already over saturated. For the sake of your own money and everyone elses. Don't jump into server providing until you know exactly what you're doing.
And I don't just mean a few google searches.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I would like to suggest that you please don't. Please please don't. Don't just jump into VPS selling, because you are going to crash and burn, horribly.
The area is already over saturated. For the sake of your own money and everyone elses. Don't jump into server providing until you know exactly what you're doing.
And I don't just mean a few google searches.

If they're planning to scale than maybe it's a not worth the small margins. On the other hand, if they can corner a niche or have enough people in their network, they can easily cover the costs and very little else :p This is how I've been operating my hardware and in return I can personally host anything I want at no cost to myself.

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If they're planning to scale than maybe it's a not worth the small margins. On the other hand, if they can corner a niche or have enough people in their network, they can easily cover the costs and very little else :p This is how I've been operating my hardware and in return I can personally host anything I want at no cost to myself.

Yeah true, but scaling is the tricky part, specially if you didn't know what you were doing when you went in. Once you get to handling 3-4 maybe 5-6 servers at a time. It'll be a pain in the butt to maintain unless you had them setup correctly from the jump, and reorganizing would be even more painful.

Back