Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

To all Tantra newbie developers I think you might like this

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
elitegeek i don't recommend any of those sir. as an advance developer, i suggest you make your own in vbnet, c++ or which ever you preferred to. attach it in your htlauncher. like i did, i have incorporated all data in htlauncher so it cannot be modified, including tantraparam.tpa.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
I am no advance developer sir let me correct that :lol:. I am just an advance leecher lol. Be again our guide in this sir as I assume most of us here have no knowledge with regards to vbnet / c++ and game security is really a significant matter when it comes to gaming world to obtain balance in the game.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
modified htlauncher and improvements is in advance mode. because literally speaking the basics are already posted, discussed and summarized. xtrap and other control tools are advance mode. and this part is no longer for newbies, however i would suggest you make your own packet filter and 3rd party filter.vbnet or c++ is my preferred programming language. it is easy to make a detection tool for your htlauncher. you can modify htlauncher to incorporate all tools using ollydb or resource hacker.

visual studio net is a basic programming. c++ is a standard programming. now they are all window-based so they are handy.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
The easiest for me to incorporate such part is to imagine and imagine all the way lol. Now I am speechless. I guess I wont go further to this and just run the game with any protection.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I would suggest after the basics. move further. everything will be simple, including editing of zones and re-structuring your sql.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
I can't comment more on that mate. Nothing can stop me from being hopeful. Everything you have shared has been a big help on my part and to others as well. Let's just see what we have in the future as far as Tantra developing is concern.

Cheers!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
then i encourage you to challenge your self, move to your limits, expand your boundaries... that is all we are going in the first place... :p:

To All:

by the way, the version i used in this topic is Tantra Kathana 5.2 the last release. but the htlauncher is 3.8.0.0 although it would work fine with version 6.9.0.6

So to all Kathana 4 queries, the answer might as well look different but the procedure is exactly the same.

My main objective is to assist all newbie tantra developers to mount their own server as they are posting all over the forum with questions that have been answered already. All files, links and development instruction are from several authors and i don't own them specifically. What I did was to re-iterate and re-post them as clear as possible.

For Advance and Intermediate developers, this post might be outdated to you but you but if it did help, credits goes to the original posters.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could somebody tell me what are the other numbers in the UpdateList.dat aside from the md5 ones???

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
First column digits = File size of the file
Second column digits = File size of the file in .zip format (e.g. HTMessage.txl -> HTMessage.txl.zip)
Third column digits = md5 (this is my current situation and have no idea where to get or generate it)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sorry I don't use the update.dat file... ^_^ I created my own patch and updater because tantra.exe and updater are prone to packet editors.
Could somebody tell me what are the other numbers in the UpdateList.dat aside from the md5 ones???

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Many have asked regarding how to change the items, the colors, the dds files, the tmb files and etc... etc... This thread is for the newbie. Enough to mount your basic server. However, this forum has plenty of information, you just have to search. I'll give a hint, but please don't flood me with messages that you are in fact a newbie, we are all when we started...

all items are found in the resources folder. the controller is the clientres.txl and the list of items is tantraparam.tpa

to convert clientres, you need the clientres.xml and to the resources files, you need to convert then from hpk to csv and add your files and recompile it again.

that is the basic information. most of this tools are already shared. just search RageZone.

for those who are asking htssettings converter for k6... the server we have is up to kathana 5.2 only. K6 originates in the private servers hoping to tell its a new and updated one. and tools for htssettings have never been shared by former tantra legit because of the rampant hacks. it went back to handbitsoft. but being resourceful can change the htssettings.txl into your preferred language. using c++ or if you can re-engineer it on vbnet.

hope i have answered all the queries. we all share info, files, re-share other works, however, we don't really give out our hard work.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sir next time if you have time please post some tutorials how to add items in Htlauncher :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
sir, if i got the full details i will post a new thread for that. we can do things but we find it hard to explain in detail how we did it. ^_^

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Does anyone of you here has a complete list of boss IDs?

Ciao!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Sir, you can find them in the monster tab of tantraparam.xml, the latest unedited boss is Jaggernaut ID 3717. however we have several bosses created already... depends on where you get the xml.

Does anyone of you here has a complete list of boss IDs?

Ciao!

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
Sir, you can find them in the monster tab of tantraparam.xml, the latest unedited boss is Jaggernaut ID 3717. however we have several bosses created already... depends on where you get the xml.

Yeah I just thought maybe there's a compile list so its easier to segregate them. Anyways, been running my own server now and having difficulties in stopping monstrous disconnecting hacks ingame (I am a victim) is there anyway to stop those sir Terrified?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
elitegeek there might be a best way to stop irrational ddos but, some have made modifications on htlauncher, while i did most modification on zones and ports, because that was the main target that in my opinion a very critical point. however, i encountered a bug in kruma that i am still working on. everyone is facing problems like that. including defacing the website.

we go trial and error, we fixed some, but it spawns a new problem. that is normal, because even the developer is facing the same issue back in 2006.

Tantra Freelancer
Reaction score
elitegeek there might be a best way to stop irrational ddos but, some have made modifications on htlauncher, while i did most modification on zones and ports, because that was the main target that in my opinion a very critical point. however, i encountered a bug in kruma that i am still working on. everyone is facing problems like that. including defacing the website.

we go trial and error, we fixed some, but it spawns a new problem. that is normal, because even the developer is facing the same issue back in 2006.

I see. Just like what you've said changing ports is a good idea but since I got my own server online I already change my ports (all ports in zones) three (3) times already but still the said problem occurs. Its what they called as the exploit codes in Tantra. I am planning to clean all the server exes files but I don't know how to do it. Could you give some attacks or exploits you are now facing sir?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how many times you change your ports. There are programs that will always find those ports no matter what. You can't block everthing.

Back