Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE ]TERA v100.02 RETAIL FILES

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
About API. We have our complete implementation of Tera API on node.js (all Arbiter API functions, authorization, privileges, VIP items/benefits, launcher + backend + patcher, sls, etc.). Maybe we will publish the source codes soon, if it's interesting.
lAiUoEG - [RELEASE ]TERA v100.02 RETAIL FILES - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
About API. We have our complete implementation of Tera API on node.js (all Arbiter API functions, authorization, privileges, VIP items/benefits, launcher + backend + patcher, sls, etc.). Maybe we will publish the source codes soon, if it's interesting.

Would be great. I have a server online now testing with 19 people and would love to be able to use all of the features. I'd like to open to the public, but one of my concerns are trolls as I see no functioning kick/ban system. When logging in with a GM account, I do see a "kick" but it doesn't work.

Attachments

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You will have trolls and exploiters whether you have kick ban or no, best solution is to simply delete their account and block their ip on firewall lol

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You will have trolls and exploiters whether you have kick ban or no, best solution is to simply delete their account and block their ip on firewall lol

Well, yea, that's obvious lol I'm not new to running communities either, I know how to deal with trolls. The whole point of my post was to have something easier, but thank you for your reply.

On a different question, what exactly is this Nexus server? Not really sure what exactly this does.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can also play with SkillCheaterConfig db table, avoiding at least a majority of trolls. Takes time to configure the right values but is effective as hell :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can also play with SkillCheaterConfig db table, avoiding at least a majority of trolls. Takes time to configure the right values but is effective as hell :)

I never noticed that, thanks. I'll have a look.
You wouldn't happen to know how to fix or stop the undefined items being dropped from monsters, would ya? I followed a tutorial earlier in this thread but we're still getting them? Not sure what this is related to

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to know how to fix or stop the undefined items being dropped from monsters, would ya? I followed a tutorial earlier in this thread but we're still getting them? Not sure what this is related to
Check the CompensationData datasheets - WorldDrop*.xml files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

It is WorldDropSmallMonsterData, WorldDropMediumMonsterData and WorldDropLargeMonsterData.xml

You should be able to delete the <Compensation></Compensation> tags and it should stop giving the box

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

That would be great !
How did you manage to make the patcher ?

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That would be great !

Maybe the same way menma did it? The code is open for menma's launcher if you didn't saw that yet :

TERA Foundation
Reaction score
That would be great !
Our patcher sources located here:
Developed for vanilla launcher CN/TW Launcher.exe v1.0.1.50. Supported files structure like: server.db.1.cab, 10-1.cab, version.ini, etc. But to work, you need a fixed launcher backend (functions_launcher.js and htmls). In the future, I plan to publish this with the API.
fg1UBH3 - [RELEASE ]TERA v100.02 RETAIL FILES - RaGEZONE Forums

i2NK2eN - [RELEASE ]TERA v100.02 RETAIL FILES - RaGEZONE Forums

hjmHfJk - [RELEASE ]TERA v100.02 RETAIL FILES - RaGEZONE Forums

This is an approximate algorithm of the patching system used in the vanilla TW Launcher (what we managed to find out). I'll just post it for everyone to understand.
1) The launcher downloads the version.ini file, then compares it with its own, which is located locally.

2) If the version in the file is different, the database of client file versions is requested: server.db.199.cab, where 199 is the version number from the version.ini file.

3) The downloaded server.db.199.cab file is unpacked and checked by the launcher, then based on it a list of files for downloading/updating is compiled (each file in the list is some two numbers, for example 1-55, where 1 is the file's permanent index in the database, 55 is the file's revision number. if the file is deleted, the version is replaced by -1 in the database).

4) The launcher downloads files according to the numbers from the database, for example 1-55.cab, 2451-13.cab, etc.

5) At each download stage, the launcher updates the local database local.db, saving the hashes of the downloaded files there (so as not to download them again). In fact, if you do not run a file check (rehashing) - the launcher will simply compare the two databases, and if the hashes match in both - the files will not be downloaded again.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Our patcher sources located here:
Developed for vanilla launcher CN/TW Launcher.exe v1.0.1.50. Supported files structure like: server.db.1.cab, 10-1.cab, version.ini, etc. But to work, you need a fixed launcher backend (functions_launcher.js and htmls). In the future, I plan to publish this with the API.
fg1UBH3 - [RELEASE ]TERA v100.02 RETAIL FILES - RaGEZONE Forums

i2NK2eN - [RELEASE ]TERA v100.02 RETAIL FILES - RaGEZONE Forums

hjmHfJk - [RELEASE ]TERA v100.02 RETAIL FILES - RaGEZONE Forums

This is an approximate algorithm of the patching system used in the vanilla TW Launcher (what we managed to find out). I'll just post it for everyone to understand.
1) The launcher downloads the version.ini file, then compares it with its own, which is located locally.

2) If the version in the file is different, the database of client file versions is requested: server.db.199.cab, where 199 is the version number from the version.ini file.

3) The downloaded server.db.199.cab file is unpacked and checked by the launcher, then based on it a list of files for downloading/updating is compiled (each file in the list is some two numbers, for example 1-55, where 1 is the file's permanent index in the database, 55 is the file's revision number. if the file is deleted, the version is replaced by -1 in the database).

4) The launcher downloads files according to the numbers from the database, for example 1-55.cab, 2451-13.cab, etc.

5) At each download stage, the launcher updates the local database local.db, saving the hashes of the downloaded files there (so as not to download them again). In fact, if you do not run a file check (rehashing) - the launcher will simply compare the two databases, and if the hashes match in both - the files will not be downloaded again.

Thanks for that release !
I've got an issue trying to make the patch working. I've updated the function_launcher to (i believe) it's initial state, so now it's trying to patch before launching the game.
But i've got an error saying i can't extract server.db.cab

Tiberium - [RELEASE ]TERA v100.02 RETAIL FILES - RaGEZONE Forums

I can see in my webserver console that the cab file is found and downloaded. Any clues ?

Attachments

Back