Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private CaveJam

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, I am the creator of cavejam.com which is a free Habbo alternative - some of you here have been playing it. It's similar to Habbo Hotel - you can create rooms and hang out with people, but with the addition of mining like in Minecraft to earn the coins to buy the furniture.
You can see videos of the game here:

Currently there is no mobile version so you can only play on a computer.
I noticed that a lot of players were fleeing Habbo and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to make CaveJam more appealing to Habbo players.

I created CaveJam in Javascript (HTML5) with Node.js on the backend. I coded the client and server from scratch.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The idea is cool! I like it, however not everything is smooth yet. Zombies are cool and all but WAY too OP. Pathfinding sometimes is a bit weird and altho the mining is cool with the OP zombies it's a bit unfair. I love the idea of mining for currency though!

Is this going to be its own thing or is the code ever gonna be released?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I am happy you tried it out! Any other suggestions?
The mobs are still in 'beta' since I added them this month.
The trick to killing them is TNT!
I don't plan on releasing the code.

The idea is cool! I like it, however not everything is smooth yet. Zombies are cool and all but WAY too OP. Pathfinding sometimes is a bit weird and altho the mining is cool with the OP zombies it's a bit unfair. I love the idea of mining for currency though!

Is this going to be its own thing or is the code ever gonna be released?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I tried using TNT but it never gave me the option to, it only says sell or chart. Clicking on the zombies allows me to trade with them or go to their home? So not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You have to place it on a floor that you mined, then double-click it, it will blow up in a few seconds. So you have to time it correctly to blow up the zombies!

I tried using TNT but it never gave me the option to, it only says sell or chart. Clicking on the zombies allows me to trade with them or go to their home? So not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

Back