Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DayZ Standalone bots..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems to be a Russian Youtube channel called The_Crash TV that filed a copy right claim I checked their channel and they have one video on testing the AIBot mod. I think they might be in cahoots with the creator of the Mod. Please do reupload the turorial if possible as this time I am going to copy it to a flashdrive lol.

Ill reupload it to bitchute later tonight. You are correct. The_Crash did do the copyright claim.

Ok so I got it up and running but the zombies keep killing off my guys. Is there somewhere I can tinker with that?

Thats great you got it up and running. I am unsure about keeping the zeds from killing them. But ill look into it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have to make a new video, Youtube deleted the video. But soon as I do ill post the link here, and on the first page. Just been very busy.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We need a video with instructions!! Here is how I got it to load...

1) Download & install DayZ Server from Steam Tools

2) Add -config=serverDZ.cfg -mod @botClientSide @botserverSide to launch options in Steam for DayZ Server

Without this change it will not work: I edited serverDZ.cfg in DayZ Server main folder and changed verifySignatures = 2; to verifySignatures = 0;

3) Add all folders from the bot archive into DayZ Server main folder

4) I also added @botClientSide & @botserverSide folders in the DayZ folder

5) Start DayZ Launcher go to Mods load @botClientSide & @botserverSide ( I did not add any parameters)

6) Start DayZ Server

7) Go to Servers and click LAN. Your server should appear. Click join.

It works but still... I'm not sure if bots work because I do not see it in the DayZ Server log. Also I spawn in a random location. Might need to change spawn location...??

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I really need help and i'v been trying for hours. Does anyone know how to fix this? Edit__________________________________________________________________________I have somehow managed to fix that error but now i get this one

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We need a video with instructions!! Here is how I got it to load...1) Download & install DayZ Server from Steam Tools2) Add -config=serverDZ.cfg -mod @botClientSide @botserverSide to launch options in Steam for DayZ ServerWithout this change it will not work: I edited serverDZ.cfg in DayZ Server main folder and changed verifySignatures = 2; to verifySignatures = 0;3) Add all folders from the bot archive into DayZ Server main folder4) I also added @botClientSide & @botserverSide folders in the DayZ folder5) Start DayZ Launcher go to Mods load @botClientSide & @botserverSide ( I did not add any parameters)6) Start DayZ Server7) Go to Servers and click LAN. Your server should appear. Click join.It works but still... I'm not sure if bots work because I do not see it in the DayZ Server log. Also I spawn in a random location. Might need to change spawn location...??
Just found out: If you place only botClientSide in the original DayZ folder it loads without errors so you can keep the default setting verifysignatures=2. Basically verifysignatures=0 in serverDZ.cfg bypasses PBO errors in-game.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Lixx Hey if you dont mind could you share how you fixed the error in the first link referring to Unkown type SurvivorBotBase thanks :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello. All version i get the error:
SirBrando - DayZ Standalone bots.. - RaGEZONE Forums
How I can fix this?Sorry for formatting, but i can't using the bbcodes :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You are probably getting those errors because you are not loading the expansion mods from the workshop.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I just opened my account here to help you guys out who still struggle to get it to work.
My server is running the AI without any problems, besides of the sometimes awkward behaviour. I also added some custom missions.

Disclaimer: I ported the mod to Namalsk and used this Mod version here:

This is the latest version I have.
Therefore the following steps can be done for every map of your choice.

Chapter I: Installing the necessary files.

1. Open up the archive and extract the following folders from "\BotAi.ver 1.06" to your DayZ root server folder:
    @botClientSide @botserverSide
    These files are not meant to be modified by you, just for your server to work

2. Add @botClientSide to your "-mod=" server load parameters, as you would do with any other mod.
  3. Add @botserverSide to your "-servermod=" server load parameters, as you would do with any other mod.
  4. Add the Key AiBot.bikey from "\BotAi.ver 1.06\Keys" to your server Key folder
  5. Open "BotAi.ver 1.06\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus" and copy the BotMissions folder to your server map folder.

E.g.: /mpmissions/YOURMISSION.YOURMAP/BotMissions
    Reference: /mpmissions/hardcore.namalsk/BotMissions

Chapter II: The config.

Now for the funny part.

1. Open your init.c from /mpmissions/YOURMISSION.YOURMAP/ and add the following line to the top of the file:
    Code:
    #include "$CurrentDir:\\mpmissions\\[I]YOURMISSION.YOURMAP[/I]\\BotMissions\\initBotMissions.c"
    YOURMISSION.YOURMAP is equivalent to your map.
    Reference:
    Code:
    #include "$CurrentDir:\\mpmissions\\hardcore.namalsk\\BotMissions\\initBotMissions.c"
  2. Add the following code under the first open bracket of void main():
    Code:
    initBotMissions m_BotMissions = new initBotMissions();
    m_BotMissions.runBotMissions();
    Reference:
    Code:
    void main()
    {

initBotMissions m_BotMissions = new initBotMissions();    
        m_BotMissions.runBotMissions();
  3. Open your YOURSERVER/mpmissions/YOURMISSION.YOURMAP/BotMissions folder (which you have been extraced before)

Here you can see the actual configuration files needed to properly get this mod to work.
    The initBotMissions.c is the link between the single missions files, you can see in the folder (e.g. "BotGroupMissionNWA.c"), and the init.c of your map.
    To create a new mission for your individual map, we continue as follows:
  4. Inside the folder create a new file called:
    Code:
    BotGroupMission#NAME.c
    For #NAME use your own mission name. E.g.: BotGroupMissionAirport.c

5. Open one of the existing other missions in the folder and copy everything to your newly created one. Or you could just rename one of them to your liking.
  6. Now you can edit your own new mission as you like.
    Important Hints:Always check for the correct coordinates! You can get them from admin tools or online maps.

vector BotSpawnPoint
    = are the initial coordinates where your bots will spawn when triggered

protected bool isUseCheckPoints = true or false, when you want them to follow a route, or be static.

protected bool canUseTrigger = true or false, when you want them to spawn with a distance to player trigger.

ref TStringArray Shirt/Jeans/Shoes... = insert your type names to randomize the bots loot and appearance

Under void AddCeckPoint you can add, remove, modify the checkpoints bot will use when not static.

void createWeapFromBot can be modified to let them use different weapons with attatchments, also uses the type names.
  7. When you are happy with your config then open initBotMissions.c

8. Here you just need to add/remove and modify the different mission calls. In our example with the BotGroupMissionAirport.c Mission it could be look like this:
    Code:
    #include "$CurrentDir:\\mpmissions\\hardcore.namalsk\\BotMissions\\BotGroupMission[B]Airport[/B].c" 

class initBotMissions
    {
        void initBotMissions() {};

void runBotMissions()
        {

BotGroupMission[B]Airport[/B] onMission[B]Airport[/B] = new BotGroupMission[B]Airport[/B]();
            onMission[B]Airport[/B].StartMissionAI();

Chapter III: The players mod

For the players/clients you need them to get the @botClientSide-mod to join your server.
To publish this separated mod via the workshop would be the easiest way.
Luckily there is already a workshop version:

If you don't want to use your own method, you can subscribe to this one but maybe need to change the mod loading order for your own server.

Now it should work and you finally have some extra PVE action on your server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does this work for the inside out here?
protected bool useKilFeed = true; // Enabling or disabling alerts when killing a bot protected bool m_Frendly = true; // Friendliness :) enable or disable. If enabled, then bots will not attack you until you attack it, if you attack a bot, you will become an enemy for all bots. protected bool onVoice = true; // Enable or disable bot voice (enabling this setting causes more server load) protected int m_spawnBotRadius = 100; // The radius of the spawn of bots in the territory, the center of the territory is the coordinate specified in BotSpawnPoint
I did not see this in the files that are here

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can someone send me ai bots 2.08 version im using dayz offline 1.10 version.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey cholera, Do you happen to have any custom missions for Chernarus you could share with us? Also wondering if you know how to get the AI to shoot the zeds instead of running away and is there a way to have the AI spawn with the expansion airdrops instead of zeds? Thanks
I just opened my account here to help you guys out who still struggle to get it to work.My server is running the AI without any problems, besides of the sometimes awkward behaviour. I also added some custom missions.Disclaimer: I ported the mod to Namalsk and used this Mod version here:Therefore the following steps can be done for every map of your choice.Chapter I: Installing the necessary files.
  1. Open up the archive and extract the following folders from "\BotAi.ver 1.06" to your DayZ root server folder: @botClientSide @botserverSideThese files are not meant to be modified by you, just for your server to work
  2. Add @botClientSide to your "-mod=" server load parameters, as you would do with any other mod.
  3. Add @botserverSide to your "-servermod=" server load parameters, as you would do with any other mod.
  4. Add the Key AiBot.bikey from "\BotAi.ver 1.06\Keys" to your server Key folder
  5. Open "BotAi.ver 1.06\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus" and copy the BotMissions folder to your server map folder.E.g.: /mpmissions/YOURMISSION.YOURMAP/BotMissionsReference: /mpmissions/hardcore.namalsk/BotMissions
Chapter II: The config.Now for the funny part.
  1. Open your init.c from /mpmissions/YOURMISSION.YOURMAP/ and add the following line to the top of the file:
    Code:
    #include "$CurrentDir:\\mpmissions\\[I]YOURMISSION.YOURMAP[/I]\\BotMissions\\initBotMissions.c"
    YOURMISSION.YOURMAP is equivalent to your map.Reference:
    Code:
    #include "$CurrentDir:\\mpmissions\\hardcore.namalsk\\BotMissions\\initBotMissions.c"
  2. Add the following code under the first open bracket of void main():
    Code:
    initBotMissions m_BotMissions = new initBotMissions();m_BotMissions.runBotMissions();
    Reference:
    Code:
    void main(){        initBotMissions m_BotMissions = new initBotMissions();        m_BotMissions.runBotMissions();
  3. Open your YOURSERVER/mpmissions/YOURMISSION.YOURMAP/BotMissions folder (which you have been extraced before)Here you can see the actual configuration files needed to properly get this mod to work.The initBotMissions.c is the link between the single missions files, you can see in the folder (e.g. "BotGroupMissionNWA.c"), and the init.c of your map.To create a new mission for your individual map, we continue as follows:
  4. Inside the folder create a new file called:
    Code:
    BotGroupMission#NAME.c
    For #NAME use your own mission name. E.g.: BotGroupMissionAirport.c
  5. Open one of the existing other missions in the folder and copy everything to your newly created one. Or you could just rename one of them to your liking.
  6. Now you can edit your own new mission as you like.Important Hints:Always check for the correct coordinates! You can get them from admin tools or online maps.vector BotSpawnPoint = are the initial coordinates where your bots will spawn when triggeredprotected bool isUseCheckPoints = true or false, when you want them to follow a route, or be static.protected bool canUseTrigger = true or false, when you want them to spawn with a distance to player trigger.ref TStringArray Shirt/Jeans/Shoes... = insert your type names to randomize the bots loot and appearanceUnder void AddCeckPoint you can add, remove, modify the checkpoints bot will use when not static.void createWeapFromBot can be modified to let them use different weapons with attatchments, also uses the type names.
  7. When you are happy with your config then open initBotMissions.c
  8. Here you just need to add/remove and modify the different mission calls. In our example with the BotGroupMissionAirport.c Mission it could be look like this:
    Code:
    #include "$CurrentDir:\\mpmissions\\hardcore.namalsk\\BotMissions\\BotGroupMission[B]Airport[/B].c" class initBotMissions{    void initBotMissions() {};        void runBotMissions()    {        BotGroupMission[B]Airport[/B] onMission[B]Airport[/B] = new BotGroupMission[B]Airport[/B]();        onMission[B]Airport[/B].StartMissionAI();
Chapter III: The players modFor the players/clients you need them to get the @botClientSide-mod to join your server. To publish this separated mod via the workshop would be the easiest way. Luckily there is already a workshop version: If you don't want to use your own method, you can subscribe to this one but maybe need to change the mod loading order for your own server.Now it should work and you finally have some extra PVE action on your server.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not sure what version this is. But Id check it out. Maybe newer.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's the old version. Bots just run back and forth trying to attack you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's the old version. Bots just run back and forth trying to attack you.

I plan on getting the updated bots in a few weeks again.
Soon as I get it. Ill post it here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i did everything as marked out in this thread as well as have gotten helped from you personally SirBrando on discord couple months back but for some reason the ai bot is not spawning I dont see anything in the server logs and from since then its been installed and never show up in my server, I have since have gotten a lil time to revisit my dayz sa server and tried to ge this working and wen over the setup and configs again and followed the tuto in this thread as stated and i literally have everything in place but still nothing spawns. im using it on chernarus with same coords the files came with.

Back