Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DayZ Standalone bots..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi again, i have one question sir, where i can modify the weapons that the bot that spawn around the map use. ? , what i mean is those bot that spawn from bot.json from what file they load the weapons.

from botmission folder is ok. the weapons list are already in each file.

one more question , i reduce the amount of bot in my server..and i will like to modify that the bot can attack and get attacked by zed. where i can modify also those files..

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For those interested, DayZ Expansion team added an AI module taking over the old eAI since it's been abandonned and updated it:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was going to post the image but I suppose this works too. I am literally stuck on what to do here. Maybe someone can help me out, hopefully. I have the latest version. I downloaded this from steam and I felt like I followed instructions step by step, whether it be on here or on Steam. Evidently I screwed something up. Getting frustrated as I've tried figuring it out myself but to no avail.

Can't compile "World" script module!
Bot_recruitServer/4_World/recruitbotm_peter.c(1): Unknown type 'SurvivorBotBase'

this error occurs when I try to start up my LAN server.

Hi, i wanted to try this Mod but i get the same error here. Installed according to instructions.
Maybe someone see something what i don't see.
Keys and mpmissions copied into DayZ Server folder.

start "DayZ Server" /min "DayZServer_x64.exe" -config=%serverConfig% "-profiles=profiles\Chernarus" "-servermod=@BotServerSide" "-mod=@BotClientSide" -port=%serverPort% -cpuCount=%serverCPU% -dologs -adminlog -netlog -freezecheck

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
no there is no way to get it to work as the server side pbo is obfuscated and cannot be opened to update it. unless someone would like to upload the 2.12 version ;)

if your looking for someone to open files i can do that for anyone for a small fee add me on discord Zuce#0653

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
New version
Autor

The installation order should be like this
1 Copy the Addons and Keys folders from the archive to the root of the Dayz server
2 Repack the @BotClientSide client part into your mod pack, and you need to sign the pbo file located in this folder with your key and delete the existing signature. If you are using the client part from Steam, you can skip this step.
3 Connect your mod from Steam indicated above to the server.
4 Copy the missions from the archive to the server in the missions folder and edit your init.c in the same way as the init from the archive, or simply copy init.c from the archive.
5 Start the server.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if your looking for someone to open files i can do that for anyone for a small fee add me on discord Zuce#0653
yes we need you open (deobfuscate) the file Bot_ServerScripts.pbo.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks like a new version has come out

ver. 2.18.0
1 Change in behavior, if bots have lost sight of you, they will look for you for some time, and if at least one bot from the group notices you, it will tell your location to other bots from the group.
2 Accuracy has been reworked, or rather the dependence on parameters. For example, if the value is less than 3, then the priority will be the head, a value from 3 to 5 then it is the head and body 50/50, everything greater than the value 5 then the priority is the body, but the head can also hit.
3 Bots may not finish off a player if he is unconscious.
4 Selecting a priority goal.
5 Minor reworkings of old functions
6 Bots react to the sound of a shot.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks like a new version has come out

ver. 2.18.0
1 Change in behavior, if bots have lost sight of you, they will look for you for some time, and if at least one bot from the group notices you, it will tell your location to other bots from the group.
2 Accuracy has been reworked, or rather the dependence on parameters. For example, if the value is less than 3, then the priority will be the head, a value from 3 to 5 then it is the head and body 50/50, everything greater than the value 5 then the priority is the body, but the head can also hit.
3 Bots may not finish off a player if he is unconscious.
4 Selecting a priority goal.
5 Minor reworkings of old functions
6 Bots react to the sound of a shot.
Nice, But lately I've been testing Expansion's AI (which is free) and it has similar or better results than this AI and is easier to set up. If anyone knows relevant differences between the two, it would be good for them to share them.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice, But lately I've been testing Expansion's AI (which is free) and it has similar or better results than this AI and is easier to set up. If anyone knows relevant differences between the two, it would be good for them to share them.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!
Everything would be fine, but for Expansion's AI you need to install their main mod, and with the Expansion's AI mod the load on the server is much greater

Yes, this mod is also now free, you can also repack it

Back