Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

¤ The Complete PW Package ¤

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When I use a vm i mount the iso
mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
cd /cdrom
cp -R * /
......when I switched to actual machine I burnt the iso and then mount the drive using
mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom
cd /media/cdrom
cp -R * /

Note:the console will not do anything while copying this can range anywhere from 2 min to 30 min depending on your pc.
..vm?
Virtual machine? Do you mean something like virtual box?
(If so, I gave up..I left the disk in and burned it yesterday). ;-;

Also, this is probably premature for me to ask, but what does one do with the client files? What I downloaded was the server_root.iso in a zip file, the first client file was an iso in a zip, the 2nd and 3rd were bin files, and there was the..admin thingie.
What does one do with the client files to actually make the game work?
(Note, I know I should be doing this after I finish, but..whatever.)

Tyvm to all replies to my questions :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
..vm?
Virtual machine? Do you mean something like virtual box?
(If so, I gave up..I left the disk in and burned it yesterday). ;-;

Also, this is probably premature for me to ask, but what does one do with the client files? What I downloaded was the server_root.iso in a zip file, the first client file was an iso in a zip, the 2nd and 3rd were bin files, and there was the..admin thingie.
What does one do with the client files to actually make the game work?
(Note, I know I should be doing this after I finish, but..whatever.)

Tyvm to all replies to my questions :D
yes vm=virtual machine......and as far as client files go u download the client located on first page in this thread....
as for setting up the server look for the video tutorial on first page.......or the step b step walkthrough thats posted there as well.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes vm=virtual machine......and as far as client files go u download the client located on first page in this thread....
as for setting up the server look for the video tutorial on first page.......or the step b step walkthrough thats posted there as well.
Not at client step yet, but I'l continue setting the stuff up at home when I get there..
So, I downloaded the right files, right? But how would I use them?..The tut-already watched, and I'l be using it to install the server.
However, I'm just asking ahead of time, but what do you use the client files for? How would you use the 'bin' files and the 'iso' to make the game run?..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not at client step yet, but I'l continue setting the stuff up at home when I get there..
So, I downloaded the right files, right? But how would I use them?..The tut-already watched, and I'l be using it to install the server.
However, I'm just asking ahead of time, but what do you use the client files for? How would you use the 'bin' files and the 'iso' to make the game run?..

extract the client iso with winrar to get the full client or mount it on virtual drive and copy it to ur pc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ebil, my 2 cents are the following : Learn a bit basics, and then come back.
Sure, tell me what the basics are. ;-;
I'm only actually trying this to experiment :S...
And I'm sorry if I'm annoying you with annoying questions that could be answered easily.
So please, tell me, the "basics"..what do you mean, more specifically?..
About linux? About..what?

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
And I'm sorry if I'm annoying you with annoying questions that could be answered easily.
Well it is annoying because everything and by everything i mean
343 - ¤ The Complete PW Package ¤ - RaGEZONE Forums
and people are too lazy to search.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well it is annoying because everything and by everything i mean
and people are too lazy to search.
Including animals, foods, grains, recreational sports, and other stuff? That has nothing to do with this?
Could you possibly, possibly, include a category at least?..
Because I'm not just going to run off and learn "everything".
Oh yes. I did google parts of it...and I asked, because I've searched it up.
I don't mean to be rude, and I'm sorry if this appears this way..
However, I just want to ask for a bit of help. And if you tell me to go learn something, I'l probably go search it up and try over the summer. However, "everything" isn't very helpful...
Nobody actually knows everything, so...a bit more specific?:O:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Including animals, foods, grains, recreational sports, and other stuff? That has nothing to do with this?
However, I just want to ask for a bit of help. And if you tell me to go learn something, I'l probably go search it up and try over the summer. However, "everything" isn't very helpful...

learn to use the search button in the forums here...
all of ur questions have been anwsered at least once

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
learn to use the search button in the forums here...
all of ur questions have been anwsered at least once
I actually did try it a few times...:vollkommenauf::vollkommenauf:... >.<
They were perfectly fine questions tho IMO..and I even browsed through...a ton of pages..;-;

I have another question, if anyone would be kind enough to answer me..
I used the video, and I followed all the instructions. However, after typing in, "nano /etc/hosts", ALL of them have the IP of 127.0.0.1

Is this a problem?
I also can't figure out how to open the website on the ubuntu server..I'm pretty sure that I followed the entire server guide, on youtube, with the only difference being that I didn't install the thing you have to if it is 64 bit (used the 32 bit server).
Would be thankful for a reply,
And tyvm.
:?:

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Are you here to learn wikipedia or to learn about pw?
You didn't searched good enough , try bettter

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The iso file that you vm is refusing to mount is corrupt the is what may be causing your issue......I uploaded a new 1 a cpl pages back try it maby itll work...
I had the same issue a week or so ago

Thats the funny thing, it does it with a lot of the isos I tried to use haha. It extracted without error on 2 different machines as well. Just virtual box being weird on my end.

Reaction score

Client-server architecture; Basic file format knowledge; Absolute linux basics... to name three.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Client-server architecture; Basic file format knowledge; Absolute linux basics... to name three.
Thank you, for something that I can actually search up. ;-;
Well, I`l start working on it in the summer, I guess..

Reaction score
To cover the whole VM network thing. You want to use 'bridged' mode (w/ replicate physical connection selected). That way it will be more like the VM is a physically separated machine (it will get/need it's own IP address different than your host OS)... You don't wanna use NAT, because then the HOST OS and the guest OS (the VM) 'share' the same exact IP, you don't want host only because then the 'network' will only be between the host and guest OS's.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any idea how i can fix this? It won't show my Server IP anymore and my server seems somehow offline.

Edit: Tiny pic sux.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
my server still offline... all ip changed and started all the servers.and i cant access to pwAdmin,error : connection attempt to 192.168.56.101 was rejected.server ip is 192.168.56.101

Reaction score
Any idea how i can fix this? It won't show my Server IP anymore and my server seems somehow offline.

Edit: Tiny pic sux.

It looks to me like it's using IPv6 and not IPv4 (my guess is also that you want it configured to use IPv4) ... IDK for sure...

my server still offline... all ip changed and started all the servers.and i cant access to pwAdmin,error : connection attempt to 192.168.56.101 was rejected.server ip is 192.168.56.101

Sounds like it may be a [simple] networking problem. Did it say rejected, or timed out?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It looks to me like it's using IPv6 and not IPv4 (my guess is also that you want it configured to use IPv4) ... IDK for sure...

Sounds like it may be a [simple] networking problem. Did it say rejected, or timed out?

it says rejected...

Back