• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

1.5.2 pwi server files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Psytrac : You're an exception among many others. I was still like you not so much ago, but finally got bored of the same poop again and again... Same people sharing nothing, same greedy people, same ingame content (wanmei just takes old content and give it a bit of freshness really...), same bugs and exploits still there. And btw I discovered many others games better than PW since a while...

@cintapw : "... still waiting 1.5.2 ..." Why you want them so badly? I'm curious here.

Btw I'm laughting at people trying to sell files that don't belong to them. I'm laughting too at people telling "Hey see my custom-poop content on my server!". It's all content belong to wanmei anyway. ROFL... Putting Forsaken World and Jade Dynasty content inside Perfect World, isn't custom. It's "porting" the content from one same game engine to another same game engine. That's all.

Well... Now I can understand some people like to play PW like if they play or another old game they love. But staying with the same old game all your life will bring you nothing new...

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
@Psytrac : You're an exception among many others. I was still like you not so much ago, but finally got bored of the same poop again and again... Same people sharing nothing, same greedy people, same ingame content (wanmei just takes old content and give it a bit of freshness really...), same bugs and exploits still there. And btw I discovered many others games better than PW since a while...

@cintapw : "... still waiting 1.5.2 ..." Why you want them so badly? I'm curious here.

Btw I'm laughting at people trying to sell files that don't belong to them. I'm laughting too at people telling "Hey see my custom-poop content on my server!". It's all content belong to wanmei anyway. ROFL... Putting Forsaken World and Jade Dynasty content inside Perfect World, isn't custom. It's "porting" the content from one same game engine to another same game engine. That's all.

Well... Now I can understand some people like to play PW like if they play or another old game they love. But staying with the same old game all your life will bring you nothing new...

The thing is, what game is nice and fun to play and work on like PW thats the main question. I'm looking on alot of server files on here trying to find a nice and fun game to expand knowledge but blah most aren't really nice and due to lack of experience (still in college) the knowledge i got is limited so most games have pretty difficult setups required or i just look at the wrong side which is legitly possible

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
i love perfect world, i could careless for perfect world international tho, and i am making a server because its my dream to

Reaction score
Being the exception never seems to help though, that's for sure..

You are the exception! Even I have pretty much moved on. I find myself working on MineCraft now-a-days, even set up a WOW (emulated) server for a friends kid (even though I've still NEVER played that game >.> nor do I care to <.<). And PLAYING games once again: counter strike, guild wars, minecraft - PW just, IDK - like Rom said, got too boring! Official, "Private", doesn't matter - it's all the same (like Rom said!), and it got boring!

But your dedication never ceases to amaze me. As I've said before - I've pretty much given up on all things PW, but I still plan to mod this section. And every time I even so much as look around the boards here, you're on! If I didn't know any better I would have thought you're actually on 24/7 :lol:

The only thing I find myself asking (myself) is, how can you still enjoy ANY "angelica" based game (PW or otherwise)!? It's just so, so, DATED. At least other companies do updates. And I don't mean just cash shop upgrades LOL or "item" upgrades, other games come out with ACTUAL REAL expansion packs, and make changes and updates (over time) to the game engine. As where PW is NO different whatsoever than the day it came out. Paint rust any color, it's still rust!

Oh well, I do (somehow) at the same time admire your dedication! Keep on ;)

Reaction score
And every time I even so much as look around the boards here, you're on! If I didn't know any better I would have thought you're actually on 24/7 :lol:
*hint hint, I am*

The only thing I find myself asking (myself) is, how can you still enjoy ANY "angelica" based game (PW or otherwise)!? It's just so, so, DATED. At least other companies do updates. And I don't mean just cash shop upgrades LOL or "item" upgrades, other games come out with ACTUAL REAL expansion packs, and make changes and updates (over time) to the game engine. As where PW is NO different whatsoever than the day it came out. Paint rust any color, it's still rust!

Oh well, I do (somehow) at the same time admire your dedication! Keep on ;)
You didn't hear? It's not angelica anymore. So it's not rust anymore? lol But be honest, the game itself is fun, it just needs a sprucing up. like FW got with FW2 (I forget what they called it)

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ermm... PW engine is still Angelica 3D and Idk if they will ever change this... And as for Swordsman it's Angelica 3D (3rd generation if I remember right). Both same engine both same stupid limitation and bugs... I mean when they will ever realize that most modern computer now use 64bits architecture and no more 32bits? Their game package (PCK) can't hold more than 2GiB because of that 32bits limit. That's ridiculous even their database will be corruped once their will reach that same limit (in number of characters) because their server is also affected since they are made for 32bits machine actually... And what? FW2 now? I seen some crap-news about another unbalanced new class? Seriously... And like 343 said, PW is boring now. There is no real new content of whatever when they put an update. Same graphics, same engine, same sh... oh I already mention that!

But good luck Psytrac, I know you are a true lover of wanmei games and you will still dev them even if they shutdown their servers (I mean PWI or Wanmei) because of their problems and so on.

Reaction score
Yea, some players may be like "check out this cool new mount" or "check out this cool new race/class", but I'm like "oh my really, how about adding something nice like AUTO RUN. Or update the engine/controls to be like most other games. I could NEVER go back to actually playing an angelica based game because of the crappy controls! I'd break my W key from having to hold it to move! Why can't I just hit R or / or num lock to make my toon auto run! why is it I can't walk and pan my camera around (like in other games) too? With the sole exception of left clicking somewhere off in the distance to make my toon start walking and holding right MB to pan around, but when he gets to where he's going he stops (because there's no auto run)! It's just really lame now, and MASSIVELY needs a MAJOR updating! There's nothing like being able to hold W or going on auto run and using left MB to pan my camera around, for example, so I can see what's behind me, while I continue to walk/run in the direction I intend to. Angelica is poop!

Then how about we mention how dumb my toon is (in PW /angelica). I mean seriously, he/she is so stupid he/she cannot walk and chew gum at the same time! You have to remain completely STILL/motionless to use a skill/cast. So yea, my toon is so stupid he couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time! GW2 opened me up to actually being able to do more than one thing at a time! Holy poop, you mean I can actually set my toon to auto run, while panning my camera to see what is behind me, while ALSO shooting my bow? NO WAY :lol:

Yea, at this point they don't even need to update it, they need to SCRAP it, and develop a BRAND NEW ENGINE! Again, paint rust any color and it's still rust!

Psy, yes the game was fun, I did enjoy it - once upon a time. I probably could enjoy it for nostalgic purposes, but even that would be further in the future (say, 10 years from now), and it would only be for a brief time (similarly to how I enjoy the nostalgia of the original DOOM, but usually only for like a half-hour or an hour, every few years)! Games from the past can be fun, but it lasts very limited time before it quickly becomes BORING again :lol:

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea some friends told me to do a PW server when the officials will be down and gone in the void. Maybe I'll do it for the fun.. but that's all. Like 343, for nostalgia only and a brief time.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Yea, some players may be like "check out this cool new mount" or "check out this cool new race/class", but I'm like "oh my really, how about adding something nice like AUTO RUN. Or update the engine/controls to be like most other games. I could NEVER go back to actually playing an angelica based game because of the crappy controls! I'd break my W key from having to hold it to move! Why can't I just hit R or / or num lock to make my toon auto run! why is it I can't walk and pan my camera around (like in other games) too? With the sole exception of left clicking somewhere off in the distance to make my toon start walking and holding right MB to pan around, but when he gets to where he's going he stops (because there's no auto run)! It's just really lame now, and MASSIVELY needs a MAJOR updating! There's nothing like being able to hold W or going on auto run and using left MB to pan my camera around, for example, so I can see what's behind me, while I continue to walk/run in the direction I intend to. Angelica is poop!

Then how about we mention how dumb my toon is (in PW /angelica). I mean seriously, he/she is so stupid he/she cannot walk and chew gum at the same time! You have to remain completely STILL/motionless to use a skill/cast. So yea, my toon is so stupid he couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time! GW2 opened me up to actually being able to do more than one thing at a time! Holy poop, you mean I can actually set my toon to auto run, while panning my camera to see what is behind me, while ALSO shooting my bow? NO WAY :lol:

Yea, at this point they don't even need to update it, they need to SCRAP it, and develop a BRAND NEW ENGINE! Again, paint rust any color and it's still rust!

Psy, yes the game was fun, I did enjoy it - once upon a time. I probably could enjoy it for nostalgic purposes, but even that would be further in the future (say, 10 years from now), and it would only be for a brief time (similarly to how I enjoy the nostalgia of the original DOOM, but usually only for like a half-hour or an hour, every few years)! Games from the past can be fun, but it lasts very limited time before it quickly becomes BORING again :lol:

They claimed to update the engine on 1.52, atleast thats the official announcement

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Bola : I don't like so much the idea of a totally white and snowy world. Without to mention his bad FPS when recorind the video... omg

@whoami1995 : Yea they improved it a little bit but not much. Anyway, what I don't understand is they did Angelica 3rd for Swordsman but kept their old first engine for PW... They should at least update PW with the same engine as Swordsman.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
@Bola : I don't like so much the idea of a totally white and snowy world. Without to mention his bad FPS when recorind the video... omg

@whoami1995 : Yea they improved it a little bit but not much. Anyway, what I don't understand is they did Angelica 3rd for Swordsman but kept their old first engine for PW... They should at least update PW with the same engine as Swordsman.

On pwi forums communities state its not easy to convert all to a new engine, tho im not into that stuff and engines so i wouldnt know...

They might aswell first make real stairs that would be a major change...

Reaction score
Only bad thing I realize is, it's not even that it needs an update. At this point I think even all the "updating" in the world couldn't fix ANGELICA! I think they should SCRAP it entirely and create a brand new engine! They could even "re-make" the same game (perfect world), but NOT using ANY version of angelica. This of course would be no easy feat as they would have to make the game all over again - from complete scratch. BUT, in game content would remain familiar (such as quests and gear, and even the maps), but they'd have to physically re make EVERYTHING - so NOTHING would be the same! (the maps, the items - the everything) because if they did it RIGHT, the OLD stuffs (IE .data files, models, etc) would NOT work at all with the new engine. NOTHING from old PW (angelica) would work with the new engine.

Sadly we know, this will NEVER happen. As they're an "eastern" based MMO company they are KNOWN (notorious actually) for creating an engine like this, then raping the poop out of it while they rake in profits! They want to minimize WORK, and maximize PROFIT. They keep the lure by "hey check out this new map" or "hey check out this new gear" or "hey check out this new race/class" - even "hey check out this new game" (WHEN IT'S STILL GOD DAMN ANGELICA). So yea, they just want to milk the cow until they can't milk it no more! They wouldn't want to have to do something like actually make something NEW (new engine for NEW games, instead of recycling (poop) angelica)!

Now that I am older and wiser, and not so new to the MMO scene I wouldn't ever think of touching ANYTHING made by PW/PWE/Wanmei EVER again! They're almost criminal IMHO (thief's)!

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? Because for me it's still like angelica... I can even prove it by hex or disassemble the elementclient if you want or just looking at the PCKs header.

EDIT: Some references in elementclient.exe 1.5.2,

Code:
Angelica File Package, Perfect World Co. Ltd. 2002~2008.
IsAngelica3: %d
ERROR! Try to load angelica 3 gfx using the angelica2 gfx library

Etc... It has a total of 13 references with Angelica engine and maybe more with some encode string that I was too lazy to decode.

I could even do the same for FW but I don't have any exe to hex right now...

EDIT2: Quote from someone on PWI forums:

Shadowlands III is gotta be a translation error. I still believe its the angelica 3.

Why should Archosaur develop another engine thats alrdy at ver. 3 when they only use angelica pretty much?

Would be amazing if its an update, but could be kinda hard to get all the date translated to the new playing/combat style and all.

And another people speaking about a weird "Destroyer IV engine" also from wanmei? Seriously why so different engine? No, for me it's all the same engine just translation error from people or google xD

Last edited:
Reaction score
PW and FW went to the Shadowland 2 engine. it is NOT on angelica anymore

Yes it is! Look, I understand you may not want to accept it because you're a "fan" (boy <.<) but I reckon ↓ This ↓ is the case!

Are you sure? Because for me it's still like angelica... I can even prove it by hex or disassemble the elementclient if you want or just looking at the PCKs header.

EDIT: Some references in elementclient.exe 1.5.2,

Code:
Angelica File Package, Perfect World Co. Ltd. 2002~2008.
IsAngelica3: %d
ERROR! Try to load angelica 3 gfx using the angelica2 gfx library

Etc... It has a total of 13 references with Angelica engine and maybe more with some encode string that I was too lazy to decode.

I could even do the same for FW but I don't have any exe to hex right now...

EDIT2: Quote from someone on PWI forums:

And another people speaking about a weird "Destroyer IV engine" also from wanmei? Seriously why so different engine? No, for me it's all the same engine just translation error from people or google xD

This is just another thing to make people go "ou" and "ah" (and it somehow worked on you - but I'm no longer fooled) :lol: yet it wasn't much if any actual WORK on their end - I'll guarantee that! And this is NOT a "new" engine, I'll guarantee that too! One day you can join the ranks of we who have put PW behind us. When is up to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back