Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

2 WoW Clients, How to?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey! I've recently downloaded WoW, again, from their website (I have an account for retail.) The problem with this is that my sisters also play Retail, as do I. BUT I also want to play a 3.1.3 Private Server and I need help getting two separate clients.

Someone told me to copy my existing WoW Folder, and rename it (To not get them confused.) delete the Patch.dpt folder, repair WoW (which sends me back to 3.0.1) and then just patch up to 3.1.3 on that folder.

The problem that occurs, when I try to download the patch it says 'The Blizzard Updater will not run this patch, 3.0.2, because you already have 3.3.2 installed.'

3.3.2 may not be the actual patch number, but I mean I have the latest version installed on one folder, therefore it will not let me patch up my second one.

Any help, or a brand new tut. on getting 2 clients?

Reaction score
You must install each patch in the order.

If you want depatch check out from youtube if you don't know how to.

offonline
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Google & Youtube are our friends! :huh:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I figured out what I was doing wrong, renamed the wrong file O.-

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You can patch up to patch 3.1.3 andthen rename wow folder.
After that copy it and name the one you want to be 3.3 the normal wow name.

After start patcher and let it run to full patch.

Down patch:
Goto data folder(Copy wow folder to a new folder first, and then do this is the wow with real wow folder name), find patch.mpq - Remove it. Run the repair.exe and click on repair / check all files.
Then it should goto patch 3.0.1 and then patch up to 3.1.3

Back