• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

"92.03" on VMware

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
I'm thrilled!! I've been working a lot on Aion, but Tera has marked my life :*:

I felt the same way when I first did this (it goes so well with the soundtrack for the area). This is another thing Bluehole could've handled with more grace years ago. The prior team that worked on the Northern Arun content had that entire IoD quest chain that ended with the Sign of Hope one -> where the last few dialogs mentions the Island recovering. Those essences of life still spawn; the new team that took over could've easily finished it off without much effort except for a short cutscene sequence (player collects a bunch more essences to complete the recovery process, returns to NPC Adria with the mission being successful, short cutscene along with the classic Island of Dawn replacing the ruined one (we players had to cut/paste to get it back (lol)).

I was one of the folks who lobbied heavily for doing something with Baldera and returning the original IoD when Bluehole via En Masse, actually put out a survey in October 2019; shook my head when I saw what they came up with in v109. And it took them until patch v113-114 to release the Island of Glowing Dawn instance that you can't even fly in (and they wonder why they weren't exactly connecting with what players were seeking since even KTERA players put in good feedback to a survey Bluehole did for them in early 2019). So much lost potential...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you Murasama for sharing your thoughts and continued work on your version of DC. I intentionally didn't do any changes or modifications to the DCs. My goal was to improve the Eng DC that was shared by narcis96 a year ago and turn it close to the retail EUR version as possible. If you are using the DC editor (v2) be careful when changing a long text strings to shorter ones because sometimes extra garbage symbols are auto inserted, you can fix this with hex editor on uncompressed DC (~300mb) This can break the DC so take care! If you encounter the issue when trying to put longer text but it returns the empty field than just insert max characters that can fit in that page element and save the DC and than reedit that element. Eng v7 still has couple of issues like the Unified Theory Institute daily quests and some StrSheet text that I couldn't change.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to enable dungeon Lilith Castle (solo) ?

---
Update, worked

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi guys!! I will share the files with the reactivated dungeons and their teleports :lol:

Reactivated dungeons:

Lilith's Keep (Pora Elino)
Ruinous Manor (Pora Elino)
Thaumetal Refinery (Savage Reach)
Ravenous Gorge (Savage Reach)
Sigil Adstringo (Elenea)
Shattered Fleet (Cutthroat Harbor)
Sky Cruiser Endeavor (Arx Umbra)
Demokron Factory (Arx Umbra)
Timescape (Arx Umbra)
Ghillieglade (Oblivion Woods)
Channelworks (Bastion)
Kalivan's Dreadnaught & Challenge (Cutthroat Harbor)
Kezzel's Gorge (Fronteira)
Bathysmal Rise (Ex Prima)
Forsaken Island (Cutthroat Harbor)
Vault of Kaprima (Mistmoor Island)
Shadow Sanguinary (Highwatch Outskirts)
Dark Reach Citadel (Colossal Ruins)
tidalwave and TieLay test this.

Link:

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
This one was easy. Bluehole likes leaving assets abandoned in place (aka lazy) so when they updated the Island of Dawn to be a level 65 hunting zone (with a story quest that ruined it), they left the old assets intact at:

<Your TERA Directory>\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Maps\ATW

They then added the ruined IoD assets into the ATW_Death folder (inside the above). It simply requires replacing the ruined IoD assets with the classic original ones (following the same naming except for the birds and floating castle assets).

DL:

Speaking of classic, there is an actual way to get back the older character selection screen (Menma's TERA uses it). But changing this in the datacenter is going to be a problem since there's a lot of stuff that needs to be removed completely (and the tool doesn't work that way). This would be a piece of cake with an XML repacker.

Different regions may have handled this differently. When En Masse was running North America, their dressing room only had cash shop costumes. They used the fashion coupon UI to add in armor and weapon skins from the in-game drops which honestly worked out well (and before they eliminated the Tikat Shop UI/Federation Bills, there were some in there as well). I can now see why they tried to consolidate things because the backend is a mess (and unlike most of the other regions, EME didn't seem to develop a tool to aid in the dressing room issue since every update that Bluehole pushed out to production, requires it to be reloaded; I heard that EME used to hand edit which is why the last few years when their staffing got reduced, was an incomplete and chaotic mess).

Seems your DC file breaks the Apex quest. I had to switch to my original one to complete it because in yours it was broken.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems your DC file breaks the Apex quest. I had to switch to my original one to complete it because in yours it was broken.

It's the known issue that I fixed a year ago. Here is the Murasama DC with Apex Fix applied over, I didn't change anything else:

Issue is in the file "VillagerDialog-6562.xml" (huntingZoneId="508" id="2001") auto translator copies wrong text elements, the result is a broken quest window that blocks the story progression when talking to one of the apex quest memory NPCs before fight with the black dragon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a know issue that I fixed a year ago. Here is the Murasama DC with Apex Fix applied over, I didn't change anything else:

Issue is in the file "VillagerDialog-6562.xml" (huntingZoneId="508" id="2001") auto translator copies wrong text elements, the result is a broken quest window that blocks the story progression when talking to one of the apex quest memory NPCs before fight with the black dragon.
zoran8844 thanks for your work with these files :wink:

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
@Murasama this is true, so much potential lost.
I loved Tera at the time of Alliance...

Here's a classic video

Yes, i was in this PvP :wink:
Nice! I missed most of the better times like this because I was way too immersed in playing the MMO-ARPG Bluehole acquired at the time, Devilian (which is another long story of completely lost potential/mismanagement when they spent so much money making it over with a lot of TERA assets).

Thank you @Murasama for sharing your thoughts and continued work on your version of DC. I intentionally didn't do any changes or modifications to the DCs. My goal was to improve the Eng DC that was shared by narcis96 a year ago and turn it close to the retail EUR version as possible. If you are using the DC editor (v2) be careful when changing a long text strings to shorter ones because sometimes extra garbage symbols are auto inserted, you can fix this with hex editor on uncompressed DC (~300mb) This can break the DC so take care! If you encounter the issue when trying to put longer text but it returns the empty field than just insert max characters that can fit in that page element and save the DC and than reedit that element. Eng v7 still has couple of issues like the Unified Theory Institute daily quests and some StrSheet text that I couldn't change.
Again, I have to give you a lot of thanks for the work you did and the above advice! It is great info to know going forward. And after what you wrote, I definitely don't want to touch it too much going forward because I saw the results of just trying to change something like "CanNotFly" to "CanFly".

It's the known issue that I fixed a year ago. Here is the Murasama DC with Apex Fix applied over, I didn't change anything else:

Thanks much for the fix! This again is the sort of exploding parts problem with even small edits that snowballs due to the autotranslator function trying to be helpful. I will edit my prior post with your fix.

Sorry about that. That's one area (Apex) I hadn't tested with the DC edit. I need to double check the Velik's Dream one as well. Thanks for the report.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Sorry about that. That's one area (Apex) I hadn't tested with the DC edit. I need to double check the Velik's Dream one as well. Thanks for the report.

No worries :) I wasnt expecting it, until i was doing the apex quest with my priest again and got stuck :) Was jsut suprising :p

Edit:

Could someone provide me the NPC ID of any of the dungeon bosses, preferably one you are 100% sure you know is correct? <3
Its for tampering with the dungeon loot tests.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks much for the fix! This again is the sort of exploding parts problem with even small edits that snowballs due to the autotranslator function trying to be helpful. I will edit my prior post with your fix.

No need to thank me :rolleyes: No joke I did that Apex Fix over 50+ times since starting to work on DC, Every time I did auto translation on DC I just apply it instinctively. You are so right in regards to DC modification, even a small change can break everything. I just did text (string) edits and ignored rest of DC values - for example: you can tweak Tera player auto optimization feature in OptimizeOptionData-0.xml or engine frame rate optimization in SystemOption-0.xml. If you need any help with DC just ask :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi guys!! I will share the files with the reactivated dungeons and their teleports :lol:

Reactivated dungeons:

@tidalwave and @TieLay test this.

Link:

Remembering that Wonderholme and teleport were also added.

Thanks to @dziobus and @argeus99 for the help with this.

EDIT: I can't forget @Luciole, he added Wonderholme. Thanks :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, can please anyone direct me to hints, how to find, where for example change rewards for faction dailies (my question is "does anybody knows how it works", not "where to change for this particular quest")?
I tried (grep -rli 'Taratia' /c/TERA_SERVER and 'T.a.r.a.t.i.a' to cover ucs16 chars too) and find nothing, so i suspect, NPC names and texts are somewhere in client files and on server side are referenced by some IDs? I already found Datasheet/CompensationData/*, where this definition should be, but i'm seeking for something more efficient than just "find current rewards, try to change all instances to anything else, wait half of hour for servers to start and try it ingame".
I suspect there may be topic for it, very easy to search if you already know what to search but i dont know where to start.
thanks very much

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Hello, can please anyone direct me to hints, how to find, where for example change rewards for faction dailies (my question is "does anybody knows how it works", not "where to change for this particular quest")?
I tried (grep -rli 'Taratia' /c/TERA_SERVER and 'T.a.r.a.t.i.a' to cover ucs16 chars too) and find nothing, so i suspect, NPC names and texts are somewhere in client files and on server side are referenced by some IDs? I already found Datasheet/CompensationData/*, where this definition should be, but i'm seeking for something more efficient than just "find current rewards, try to change all instances to anything else, wait half of hour for servers to start and try it ingame".
I suspect there may be topic for it, very easy to search if you already know what to search but i dont know where to start.
thanks very much

Considering the names of everything are in Korean you will not find it like that. If the dailies are quests you need to know the quest ID's of them, you cn do that by finding them or do it backwards by finding the reward id's (items, EXP,gold) and based on that search for the quest id and then change it.
If rewards were client side you could hack anything you want in there.
I can try take a look since i am already playing around with dungeon drops, but you need to give me a quest name in English and what rewards it has.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you for this. All dungeons you mentioned work. The teleportal for forsaken island didn't work for me, but using the enter dungeon command worked. :thumbup:

Reactivated dungeons:

@tidalwave and @TieLay test this.

Link:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
...I can try take a look since i am already playing around with dungeon drops, but you need to give me a quest name in English and what rewards it has.
Finally found it :)

I found this https://forum.ragezone.com/f797/translation-files-tera-92-03-a-1198465-post9123349/#post9123349 and in DC_366226\StrSheet_Creature\StrSheet_Creature-0.xml is mapping between english NPC names and IDs, so i get (in our example with Hands of Velika - NPC Taratia) id=3002.
And to get QuestIDs there works
grep -rl 'villagerId="3002"' QuestDialog
And finally on server in /TERA_SERVER/TeraServer/Executable/Bin/Datasheet/CompensationData
grep 'questId="1922"' Q*
QuestCompensationData_19.xml: <Quest questId="1922"/>

looks pretty simple now, thanks for directing :)

RaGEZONE VIP
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
No need to thank me :rolleyes: No joke I did that Apex Fix over 50+ times since starting to work on DC, Every time I did auto translation on DC I just apply it instinctively. You are so right in regards to DC modification, even a small change can break everything. I just did text (string) edits and ignored rest of DC values - for example: you can tweak Tera player auto optimization feature in OptimizeOptionData-0.xml or engine frame rate optimization in SystemOption-0.xml. If you need any help with DC just ask :)
I did more testing to see how early things explode using your original base DC from the archive... simply removing the gameforge URL from the chat, breaks most all of the subtitles in the cinematics. I created a test character which used the CompleteQuest parameter in CreateCharData.xml on the server to complete all quests/unlock story cinematics to level 50), then replayed the unlocked cinematics from the character select screen. So now I have no idea what other parts of the DC may have been changed with all of the flight altitude edits given how they cover every zone.

I'm going to try to playing through the entire game (especially story instances) to see what has been broken with them.

Back