• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

A few choice items:

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Got ym new chip in and the new CPU cooler.

Wow, I will make a new post here as soon as I snap some pictures.. have a couple of me putting it in that my brother took... its amazing, and SO QUIET!

I was running a stock AMD 3700+ cooler, which is a 60mm fan runnign at 2400 RPM.. this new one is a 140mm fan runnign at 1200+- 10% RPM, and pushes over 68.37+CFM of air.. and only runs at 20.87 DB.. which is whisper quiet ;)

Given its burn in over th enext few weeks for the Arctic 5 I have applied, and I will be looking at a good 26-27C Idle roughly

Reaction score
Got ym new chip in and the new CPU cooler.

Wow, I will make a new post here as soon as I snap some pictures.. have a couple of me putting it in that my brother took... its amazing, and SO QUIET!

I was running a stock AMD 3700+ cooler, which is a 60mm fan runnign at 2400 RPM.. this new one is a 140mm fan runnign at 1200+- 10% RPM, and pushes over 68.37+CFM of air.. and only runs at 20.87 DB.. which is whisper quiet ;)

Given its burn in over th enext few weeks for the Arctic 5 I have applied, and I will be looking at a good 26-27C Idle roughly

Not bad sound for a good cooler. Want to know a great s939 cooler? The stock AMD X2 one. Quad heat pipe and a 80mm delta fan. Keeps a 4800+ @ 2.75ghz pretty cool (that's about 130-140w). ~ +15c over ambient but it's dead silent.

Pretty impressive cooler and the new AM2+ stock cooler does better then top ThermalRight ones. AMD makes some great stock coolers. Much better then the crap butt Intel one that they use for every s755 CPU. :evil:

NoPeace - out

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this current one was a test to see how well it would work.. if it doesnt work as well as I think it should, I may just end up throwing it onto my other computer and getting the one I got for my other system, an awful lot smaller, uses dual heat pipe, with an 80mm fan, and pretty quiet.. still not near as quiet as this though.. adn this looks amazing when i've got the lights and/or UV on in my case ;)

Back