- Joined
- Jan 4, 2011
- Messages
- 138
- Reaction score
- 12
I have no experience with artificial intelligence, But I was wondering what experience everyone else has and what's the most common and effective way of making sense of the human language.
Most AI iv seen depends on a database with instructions programmed, I don't call that intelligence. I was thinking of system of more that only stores information on words and not whole sentences. This way it could understand sentences more clearer as parts and not the big picture, but by putting together the small parts it would get the big picture.
Programming AI to get the time or day needs to be programmed for each action. If I said to you "what is the time?" you would give me the time, If you didn't know what a year is and I asked you "what is the year?" you would ask me what "year" means.
I thought about it for a while and couldn't get my head around a suitable way to allow a program to make sense of words. The way us (humans) teach new words is by using other words.
The program would still need to be programmed to understand most words, but once a program can understand a basic language, it make it easier to allow the software to understand new words.
That sounds a bit to messy though so im back to thinking more logical. But the world is everything but logical.
Anyway iv gone on a bit to much here, what's your views?
Most AI iv seen depends on a database with instructions programmed, I don't call that intelligence. I was thinking of system of more that only stores information on words and not whole sentences. This way it could understand sentences more clearer as parts and not the big picture, but by putting together the small parts it would get the big picture.
Programming AI to get the time or day needs to be programmed for each action. If I said to you "what is the time?" you would give me the time, If you didn't know what a year is and I asked you "what is the year?" you would ask me what "year" means.
I thought about it for a while and couldn't get my head around a suitable way to allow a program to make sense of words. The way us (humans) teach new words is by using other words.
The program would still need to be programmed to understand most words, but once a program can understand a basic language, it make it easier to allow the software to understand new words.
That sounds a bit to messy though so im back to thinking more logical. But the world is everything but logical.
Anyway iv gone on a bit to much here, what's your views?

