Welcome!

Join our community of MMORPG enthusiasts and private server developers! By registering, you'll gain access to in-depth discussions on source codes, binaries, and the latest developments in MMORPG server files. Collaborate with like-minded individuals, explore tutorials, and share insights on building and optimizing private servers. Join us today and unlock the full potential of MMORPG server development!

Join Today!

Almost there...but one thing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello, i followed this guide to help me
http://forum.ragezone.com/world-warcraft/mangos-setup-guide-v2-0-8-tbc-224719.html

Now, i followed it to step 3 and it said i could log on and enjoy it. Well it says unable to connect and i followed the guide perfectly. I am having some help with others but, i did not use the MaNGO restarter or the other realmd and mangos exe. Should I? and if it doesnt not work ill be posting a picture of what happens the error i get.

Also, how do i make an account? Sql? but there is a admin account and pass. Now do i start up my one files in folder?

i did not use the MaNGO restarter or the other realmd and mangos exe. Should I? and if it doesnt not work ill be posting a picture of what happens the error i get.

You don't need the restarter, its only used for server crashing.

If you didn't run mangosd or realmd.exe then your server isn't running.

Short answers, if you run both of those files and either crash immediately, something is configured improperly.

To add an account, wait until you hear mangosd.exe beep after you run it. You will see this prompt

mangos>

at that prompt type:
create :name: :pass:

will look like this

mangos>create frank nfurter

then you want to set yourself to be a gm

type in :
setgm :user: :level(1-3):

will look like this:

mangos>setgm frank 3

then log in with username and pasword.

Be sure to edit your realmlist.wtf to be either 127.0.0.1 or your "no ip" address.

Back