Alternatives for Team Viewer?

I've been using Team Viewer for 5 years now and it's just like with Skype. Going down the hill like there's no tomorrow...

Starting with Version 8 it began to constantly freeze mine and other clients PCs and caused CPU overheat on older machines which eventually just shut down to protect themselves. How can a Remote Control software run heavier on your computer than any Game out there?

The new Version 12 is topping it all now:

  • I can't do TV meetings with one friend anymore, cus his PC overheats after 30 minutes of using it.
  • With another friend, I can't use it for more than 5 minutes, because Team Viewer (for whatever reason) detects him as commercial user (it might be because there is "inc" in a part of his Machine name, which they could interpret towards "incorporated"). This is just a joke.. The TV meetings with him time out after 5 minutes...
  • Then even with disabled control for meeting participants, they can move my mouse by clicking randomly into the TV window. Yes, they have their click rights revoked, but TV doesn't care one bit.


So I'm searching for alternatives.

Ofc I can google, but I'd like to know what you guys are using, rather than the next advertised remote control tool on google. So what are you using? What are the benefits and deficits of these? Thanks in advance :)
 
I've been using Team Viewer for 5 years now and it's just like with Skype. Going down the hill like there's no tomorrow...

Starting with Version 8 it began to constantly freeze mine and other clients PCs and caused CPU overheat on older machines which eventually just shut down to protect themselves. How can a Remote Control software run heavier on your computer than any Game out there?

The new Version 12 is topping it all now:

  • I can't do TV meetings with one friend anymore, cus his PC overheats after 30 minutes of using it.
  • With another friend, I can't use it for more than 5 minutes, because Team Viewer (for whatever reason) detects him as commercial user (it might be because there is "inc" in a part of his Machine name, which they could interpret towards "incorporated"). This is just a joke.. The TV meetings with him time out after 5 minutes...
  • Then even with disabled control for meeting participants, they can move my mouse by clicking randomly into the TV window. Yes, they have their click rights revoked, but TV doesn't care one bit.


So I'm searching for alternatives.

Ofc I can google, but I'd like to know what you guys are using, rather than the next advertised remote control tool on google. So what are you using? What are the benefits and deficits of these? Thanks in advance :)

Windows remote desktop isn't an option?
 
join.me works really well. People don't even have to have something installed to watch/control your desktop, they can just view it in their browser.
 
Just a little update, a Vietnamese friend suggested me an Vietnamese rip off TeamViewer. Analyzed and trojan checked it's not showing suspicious things, but it's kinda hilarious how much it looks like TV... xD

UltraViewer - Remote control software, remote access software

I've experienced some key mapping problems with it, together with some weird color bugs in DirectX games. However still more usable than TV these days for me.

Still need to test out join.me though, will give an update on that once I've tried
 
Before I even knew about TV some years ago, I as using RealVNC not quite sure if it still around, you could give it a try, it does work on different platforms as well. What is good is that it can work even if both devices are not using the same OS, for example you can connect from a PC to Mac.
 
Back