Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Answer this for me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When making a map for gunz, how detailed can you make it? I don't like how most of the detail in maps are just crappy textures. Also what is the max amount of polygons a map should have?

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
(Note* Polygons are trigonal)

Visuals: 35,000 polygons per map
Collisions: Single, solid mesh, unlimited (but shouldnt ever go over something like 3,000ish)
ELU: Limited amount of textures can be used for ELUs (I think it is 16?), and 5,000 polygons

Full Scene: Something like 45,000-50,000 is the maximum polygon count. (excluding npcs, weapons, and players)

For information on texture limits visit my guide here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f497/wucas-texture-sizing-dds-894668/

Remember: Density also matters, although you have the capabilities to go somewhat crazy, placing 2,000 polygons in a tree leaves will crash you; I know from personal experience.

Upvote 0
Back