• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

"Anti-Hack"source code threads

Retired. Don't PM.
Developer
Reaction score
Why are these even allowed/posted? If you want to protect your application, wouldn't it make more sense to not post it, seeing as all they'd have to do is compile your anti-hack with hacks built into it? Moreso talking about preventive anti-cheats, such as disallowing processes or hooking WinAPI.

I never understood the point of open-source clientsided anti-hacks, sans clientsided-only IP-blocking ones. It seems very, very pointless to me to post "LOL I BLOCKED LOADLIBRARYA I AM GOD HERE'S MY SOURCE CODE" or "LOL I FOUND THINGS BY PROCESS NAME."

Dunno if it's just me, though. Maybe they should be allowed/posted for darwinism.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its for others to learn from it and upgrade there systems and those methodes are spreading on the internet every where so why not its true it doesnt gonna help you really if they find the source and know how to bypass it but its something to start from and with that source people can upgrade it with some practice

Upvote 0
Reaction score
When it comes down to it, this is the GunZ community, anyone who can make hacks, can bypass currently used anti-hacks.

GunZ is HUGE in land-slide development/knoweldge. There are no "medicore" coders. You either can code for GunZ, or you can't. So posting the source codes to these small anti-hacks will do great for 90% of all servers as those of us who CAN hack, if we decide to (I never do that's just low) would traget larger servers anyway. In all reality it could be probelmatic but you have to concider the target audiance. 90% of "developers" have problems compilinag a visual studio project that sums it up perfectly.

Upvote 0
Back