• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Any VPS Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
duck You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Need a decent reasonably priced Windows VPS, looked around on the market and not having too much luck,

Any recommendations?​

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You maybe should try out:

Upvote 0
Hakuna Matata
Reaction score
OVH, cheap VPS and also DDoS protected.
Kimsufi/SoYouStart for dedicated servers.

Upvote 0
xHosts.uk - Windows & Linux VPS - Cosmic Guard
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
OVH, cheap VPS and also DDoS protected.
Kimsufi/SoYouStart for dedicated servers.

Ovh are a good provider but before buying direct from a provider such as ovh or many other large providers, if you are new to having your own server / retro most of these providers will not be supporting you with any server side issues as they sell unmanaged services meaning if you run into issues setting up your hotel companies such as ovh will not help you at all.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
OVH/Kimsufi/SoYouStart have my recommendation. I recommend to stay away from HH-owned Hosting 'companies'. SoYouStart have always been pretty good.

Is there a catch to hosting at Kimsufi? What I don't get is the prices. They seem... very 'low' compared to OVH and my VPS provider. For 5 pounds more a month I could have a dedi that's much better than my VPS in terms of.. well everything. Never had a dedi myself before, but I will assume that there is no OS included and you'd have to pay for that separate. It doesn't say anything about it on their site, though.

Upvote 0
xHosts.uk - Windows & Linux VPS - Cosmic Guard
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Is there a catch to hosting at Kimsufi? What I don't get is the prices. They seem... very 'low' compared to OVH and my VPS provider. For 5 pounds more a month I could have a dedi that's much better than my VPS in terms of.. well everything. Never had a dedi myself before, but I will assume that there is no OS included and you'd have to pay for that separate. It doesn't say anything about it on their site, though.

kimsufi, unless you mount the iso yourself for windows and install it then it will be linux only as windows is not supported directly on the servers.

Upvote 0
duck You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I went with OVH a couple of weeks ago, and this is my first Retro actually hosting...

Are there any that aren't "cheap" but reasonably priced and willing to work with me?

I've contacted OVH a few times and they replied with some little things thus far.

Upvote 0
Unknown Place
Reaction score
I went with OVH a couple of weeks ago, and this is my first Retro actually hosting...

Are there any that aren't "cheap" but reasonably priced and willing to work with me?

I've contacted OVH a few times and they replied with some little things thus far.

VPS Market is different than dedicated server market, they are aiming at the cheapest service possible to sell as volume, not to take care of individual customers the way you probably want to, there are some resellers that could probably do that, while they have a small amount of customers to take care of, but in case of complex issues you would have a delay getting the issue fixed due to the intermediation required when working with resellers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back