Anyone there?

Newbie Spellweaver
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Messages
40
Reaction score
10
Hello friend from RYL World,

the reason of this post is to see if we still have any Programmers, Intusiasts and RYLovers acessing this forum, it seems to be a graveyard of memories in this days..

are you messing with any RYL project?

Hope you are all safe and healthy

^^
 
Nor me , i do active developing stuff but don't open the server to public. Maybe one day i guess? but no i think XD
 
Any kind soul here can guide me on setting up a proper ROW private server? I have a group of friends and myself had missed this game so much that we wanted to play it but couldnt find any decent server. I am planning to host a private server so whoever enjoy this classic mmorpg can play together. I am a software engineer myself, but i need some help to kick start on this. Any help is appreciated thanks!
 
Hello!
Ah what i miss this game remember the first time it came out the best years of my child hood!

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how i can get the modules for all the characters and maps, so i can import it in unreal i wanna try to make it new generation graphics.
Do anyone of you still here have or know where i can get without my virus signs jumps all over my screen <,<
 
Hi there...

That's so nice to heard 'bout...

Maybe you need to explore more in texture...
But I can't guarantee for free virus files...

As I remember, default texture is already good enough...
You can try to experiment if you want too..

PS : Before this I'm working on v2244 Server but got problem that need to downgrade back to v2240... Maybe I'll try on v1753 after this...
 
You can mod Client.exe (playing with ASM while finding correct offset) to enable downgrade system like v1753. I forgot which client.exe had that, it just late 2006 if im not wrong. before RYL2 Incomplete Union taken down by full of hacks and cheaters.
 
That's little bit hard to find the clean and fresh file that support those properties... But at least we can try with what we got for now alas we need new fresh treads of things...
 
To be true, old files from this forum is good basic materials but need more on expanding stuffs and supports... Sometimes, I also messing up my Server Setup but manage to run and play in offline mode for now...

PS : For me, making an Online Private Server for now is not priority since I need to learn more on Scripts, coding and such on the list...
 
exactly thats what you should do .. debug, testing, creating your new stuff in offline that's the best way.. i did last time and it worth me alot of time spending + learning as well ..
 
Right now, I can running well my Server, but My Machine need more storage for necessary things on Databases... So need to upgrade those too...

PS : My Offline Server is running in Virtual Machine mode that make me to access the Client in ease... If you'll wanna know; so far, so good...
 
Back