AoE game.exe bug

Junior Spellweaver
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
148
Reaction score
8
Hello,

There is a limit I believe when AoE attacks more than 110 mobs at a time i triggers off and sends a game.exe to the client. This problem occurs mostly to mages with their skill "Dias", and I was wondering if there was a way to remove that limit that triggers a game.exe after attacking various monsters at the same time with an AoE attack.

Regards
 
I know this problem. I am not sure but I think this problem is because of some missing files in client. check other full clients and check if you have some files missing about the skill "Dias".

good luck
 
I've not seen this problem, but when game.exe fails it's not written to do so... it really is a bug causing it to crash. The server can't "send game.exe error" to the client, though the client can crash when the server sends it too many jobs to do at once, or asks it to do something it doesn't understand.

It could be trying to execute scripts in bad or missing files (probably effects scripts) concerned with Dias, but it could also be some problem with buffer overruns. I would guess there is an effect queue, and it is filled faster than the worker thread can empty it under those circumstances.

I'm not at all sure how you would debug that, but I guess you need to either see if all clients do this, and if one doesn't find out what it does different, or narrow down routines only used when Dias hit's something and watch their memory accesses closely.
 
Back