Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Arcturus] Security Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm, still facing the same problem. I still get "sql connect failed ...".

- mssql 2000 is up and running.
- made ODBC's (SHO, seven_ORA, SHO_LOG, SHO_MALL)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well like Icon said.

If you don't understand most of this I'm sorry but learn your mssql a bit better. Ill show you the water but you need to figure out how to drink it.

I also had to learn it that way.

Keep playing around with it i'm sure you will figer it out your a dev on your irose right? should not be that hard :)

And btw Icon is it ok to have sigs with are servers on it? like flowan got just asking cus dont wanna put one in the sig with like my www unless i get a ok from one of the mods on here.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I also had to learn it that way.

Keep playing around with it i'm sure you will figer it out your a dev on your irose right? should not be that hard :)

And btw Icon is it ok to have sigs with are servers on it? like flowan got just asking cus dont wanna put one in the sig with like my www unless i get a ok from one of the mods on here.

Im facing this problem for like 12 hours now. I think i have tried everything. My mind it out of ideas atm to fix it -.-

It just keeps saying "sql connect failed ..." no matter what! Pretty frustrating, 12 hours in a row trying to fix this problem and nothing works.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
LOL i was trying for over two days str8 no sleep but all payed off at the end.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes it matters as then you would need to also change your sql files paths as some have the default path of c:/ in the sql file and in the procs

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im stuck at step 7
You will need to go thru your stored proc and change the db names in them to use your new db name.

I found the stored procs but how do i change the db names?

Is it like this:

Right click on for example "dbo.AddCharacterLog" then press "Modify"
and change this "ALTER Proc [dbo].[AddCharacterLog]". Should i change [dbo] to [SHOtest]

(my SHO databas is caled "SHOtest")

Thx for your help!

ps. Great guid!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i just double clicked on my stored procs and edited then saved

its all much easier than it sounds

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i just double clicked on my stored procs and edited then saved

its all much easier than it sounds

eather im stupid or im doing somthing wrong..

This thing with stored procedures is in the databas right?

Im looking at SHOtest/Programmability/Stored Procedures

Now in there i see a folder called System Stored Procedures but its empty..
So i figured that you meant to duble click on one of the other 100 files but when i do that it only comes more files..

for example if i duble click on dbo.AddCharacterLog then it shows me a folder called Parameters then if i go in to that folder i see 4 files like @AccountName (nvarchar(20 bla bla bla and @CharName .... @DelAdd ... and Returns integer. But nothing hapens if i duble click on any of thos.

Am I totaly losst or just a little bit?

Thx for your answer!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i can almost guarantee you that if you use mssql 2000 you will get better results

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okej now i have mssql 2000..

Now if I use the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and gos to my stored procs and duble clicks on them its still the same way.

Could you show me the text that your editying? and wot your editying to the text/script

Thanks in advance!

// Sry for double posting...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lCON - [Arcturus]  Security Fix - RaGEZONE Forums

Double click a stored procedure on the right, and then it will bring up another window that says stored procedure properties,
Edit the code in that window, click apply, click close

If you cant get it after this, pm me and i will walk you through it on msn

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol thx

But this is ambersing. What am I supposed to edit into the code?

Step 7
You will need to go thru your stored proc and change the db names in them to use your new db name.

Am I suposed to change a db name? i cant find any, if not "dbo" is a db name.

Here's the script thats in the window you guided me to: (Thx for helping me)

reate Proc [dbo].[AddCharacterLog] @AccountName nvarchar(20), @CharName nvarchar(30), @DelAdd tinyint AS Insert Into GS_CharacterLog( dateREG, AccountName, CharName, DelAdd) Values (Default, @AccountName, @CharName, @DelAdd)

GO

Could you show me how to change this script? my databas names are SHOtest (original SHO), SHOtest_LOG (original SHO_LOG), SEVEN_test (original SEVEN_ORA)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back