[Ascent] Character's don't work

Experienced Elementalist
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
260
Reaction score
1
- Q: When I try to create a character, I click Create but nothing happens.
- A: Download the SQL Updates and run the one labeled (1786) Character - Characters.sql on the character DB.

Exactly my point. Doesn't work (or because I'm running the trial...). And what do you mean by running it?
 
I've faced this problem sever times and the solution is quite easy for me. It usually happens when I run the server with a newer ascent. The char db is older than the new one. Sometimes SQL updates won't do it. When I try like 4-5 different revisions one of them eventually works for me.
 
Found the problem...

Sql Query failed due to [Table 'characters.guild_data' doesn't exist], Query: [SELECT guid, level, race, class, gender, bytes, bytes2, name, positionX, positionY, positionZ, mapId, zoneId, banned, restState, deathstate, forced_rename_pending, player_flags, guild_data.guildid FROM characters LEFT JOIN guild_data ON characters.guid = guild_data.playerid, WHERE acct=3 ORDER BY guid]
 
Anyone got a db with characters.guild_data? O.o

EDIT:
Problem's just with rev 2527. Could I have the C/C++ source? Or could someone PLEASE edit it so that it doesn't select the characters.guild_data tables...
 
Actually some of the character updates are meant to drop that exact table. I don't know why but all of them seem to fail at it. I got the same error and as I told you before - tried different revisions until it worked.
 
Back