Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Ascent] Few questions...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all, id like to tell you how happy I am with this site xD

Thanks to you I finally got what I wanted --> A private WoW Server to run on a LanParty! =D

But I have got a few questions....

I followed the guide on installing Ascent located here and I think everything went prity well... I am able to log in, create a character login to the World Of Warcraft and everything seems well... But then I found a few things I dont understand...

1) I dont see any quests... How can I get quests to work in my Private WoW server? The characters giving the quests are there, just not the quests themselve... I followed every step in the guide, did I do something wrong?
2) I am an GM, in the MySql database this is indicated with AZ under the GM tab. I can shut down the server and rename characters etc, but i cant for instance .kill a target. Also codes like modify dont work. The server gives a response saying: "There is no such command. or you do not have access to it."
So most of these commands dont work for me :( anyone knows why and how to solve it? :)
3) I have now a blizzlike server, but how can i change that? how can i for instance create a vendor in the world? or how can i edit XP settings?
4) How can you add a webserver to it? so that people can creat an account / can change their account info?

Well, thanks in advance for the responses!
Here are some technical details:
[ASCENT] V4270
[NCDB] V1195

Merlin Stoll

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
2) I am an GM, in the MySql database this is indicated with AZ under the GM tab. I can shut down the server and rename characters etc, but i cant for instance .kill a target. Also codes like modify dont work. The server gives a response saying: "There is no such command. or you do not have access to it."
So most of these commands dont work for me :( anyone knows why and how to solve it? :)

Are you using Ascent 4270?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you using Kameleons Compiles? Ive had that issue also. Try to compile yourself if not use different pack or use his V.1.1 pack. No quest errors

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
as he said
[ASCENT] V4270
[NCDB] V1195

1) I dont see any quests... How can I get quests to work in my Private WoW server? The characters giving the quests are there, just not the quests themselve... I followed every step in the guide, did I do something wrong? this is just due to the core compatability with the database, try a earlier one

i think the command is now .unit kill due to command edit

3) I have now a blizzlike server, but how can i change that? how can i for instance create a vendor in the world? or how can i edit XP settings? go into ascent-world.conf search down and you will find the settings for xp and other rates..

4) How can you add a webserver to it? so that people can creat an account / can change their account info? search on this site for simple webcms or look in the first 5 pages of this forum to find one

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oke guys, thanks for the replies so far!

The commands work now, i just need to get used to the new commands ^^ (In the past it was like .kill =P)

I'll look for a CMS, thanks for that tip =) the quests is still a problem, in which of the four "programs/scripts" are the quests recorded? Easier for me to look it up ^^

Thanks in advance!
Merlin

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ive tried to fix this by adding new db's and still nothing. Where did you get your revisions?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ive tried to fix this by adding new db's and still nothing. Where did you get your revisions?

What do you mean by revisions? I just followed the guide on this site and then it worked, except form the quests...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
revisions = the core ([ASCENT] V4270)

you can find quests in your database under 'quests' :p

Back