[Ascent] Level & Stats help.

Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello RaGEZONE!!!

I am an amateur at this, and have spen't the past week reading the forums. I have a private ascent server w/ the latest stuff running on my home network and its awesome. I want to start venturing out and experimenting with items and such.

My question is What would be a suggested max level for a funserver? and what do i need to do to avoid stats going into the negatives? and still have a pretty high stat rating.

Thanks in advance

:ninja:
 
Re: Ascent: Level & Stats help.

stats going into the neg, is a formula error, so the way around that is to keep stats, like agy, lower then something like...1200. once a player has a high enough stat, their crit rating, or extra damage, starts going neg, some caps are 100, some are 80, and some are 200, it just depends on what you prefer, mine is 80 and 200, and soon maybe a 100.

i hope this helps
 
Re: Ascent: Level & Stats help.

stats going into the neg, is a formula error, so the way around that is to keep stats, like agy, lower then something like...1200. once a player has a high enough stat, their crit rating, or extra damage, starts going neg, some caps are 100, some are 80, and some are 200, it just depends on what you prefer, mine is 80 and 200, and soon maybe a 100.

i hope this helps

Thanks IrishBoy. Now this leads to a new question. Is there a place where I can learn about the math/formulas behind w.o.w.? like you stated above so that i can do some balancing while im at work and we're slow. Thanks again in advance
 
Re: Ascent: Level & Stats help.

crit neg stats can be fixed in core ;) I did that on my own server just caped that stat on lvl 70 ;)

Look in player.cpp for this :
Player::CalcRating ( uint32 index ) << Somthing like that ;)

then look for this line :
if(l < 60)

and make it like this :

if(l > 70)
l = 70;

Remove the else line and the second cost line and rebuild project ;)

If you dunno how this work dont bother to try it ;)
 
Trashman, thanks for the input you're right im not into the coding stage yet though I have downloaded some tutorials for programming. I did change the Level cap on the ascent.conf file and re-did my custom items so that seems to be working for me excellently.
 
Back