• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Ase importer/Exporter with Physique for newer 3dsmax

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, 3dsmax 6/7 is already old and hard to use, so im here to ask the programmers (bob i guess) to improve sandurr´s Ase Exporter and importer or Improve the Original ASE exporter from 3dsmax to export physique or can use it on newer 3dsmax, if u can do this plz, let us know and share with us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First of all, you forgot to tag this thread. [request] I presume?

If you improve the ASE file to work with newer 3DS better, you need to rewrite the game. (not going to happen) If you downgrade the exporter you will conflict with what is already there?

Just use Blender, or stick with Max 6. There is no problem with using it other than the EULA, and I won't tell if you don't. :wink: As far as I'm concerned, if you bought the latest version, then you can downgrade with honour whatever the EULA says. (I believe it insists that nobody has any right to use any version older than the current one, and any license to install and use is revoked the moment a new version is released ... which sux hard. :(:)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Do something like this:

-Do the model on the newer version of 3dsmax, like you model other stuff on the 3ds version you use.

-After the model is almost 'done' except for the physique rig, export all individual parts as OBJ, with 'smoothing groups', 'materials' and 'mapping coordinates', etc..

-Load this OBJ on the older 3dsmax and rig it with physique... So you would only use the older 3dsmax to rig it with physique and export.. I think this way is easier since newer versions of 3dsmax are easier to use and model, etc..

And if you face problems too harshly you will get more and more annoyed, thus increasing the hindrances of your doings, be thi self continent to the hindrance you face, and do not be contained on the trouble, so you will know all angles of the problem, therefore, you will be able to solve the problem more efficiently, evading lots of trouble. In resume, be calm and do not despair, to face the annoyances of the machine, i know you are capable of doing what you want to do.. hugs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually, i gave up to make any mod to priston, i´ll wait DirectX 9 update, as YD is intending to do, and expect they change the physique to skin, and change model files and animation format,Nif/KF is very fine.

Im working with animations with skyrim, and im getting nice results

Reaction score
The direct 9 update will not effect the original smd files.
It will not effect how sandurrs smd reader works.
It will not effect how ase files are read/converted in game.
It will not effect how any smd files work in game.

It will effect how the game renders 2D text, images and effects.
Effectively making the FPS issues cause by the direct APIs null and void.

The direct X 9 update will not help you at all.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The direct 9 update will not effect the original smd files.
It will not effect how sandurrs smd reader works.
It will not effect how ase files are read/converted in game.
It will not effect how any smd files work in game.

It will effect how the game renders 2D text, images and effects.
Effectively making the FPS issues cause by the direct APIs null and void.

The direct X 9 update will not help you at all.
You have this on good authority Sunny? I know you have the contacts to do so. It will help all the rest of us considerably, and is great news to my ears. ^_^

Back