Experienced Elementalist
- Joined
- Apr 2, 2009
- Messages
- 281
- Reaction score
- 23
Re: Ask Lethal - Question & Answer Thread
You should keep the webserver on the same internal(private) network as the database server(using a separate NIC from public). This will both improve security and performance. Also, I don't recommend PDO MSSQL as it hasn't been updated in awhile. The ODBC extension for PHP is probably better.
I will be using ODBC because there is release of mssql pdo extension.
Also when u say use a seperate NIC do u mean that use 2 networks, one for server and another one for web server?
You should keep the webserver on the same internal(private) network as the database server(using a separate NIC from public). This will both improve security and performance. Also, I don't recommend PDO MSSQL as it hasn't been updated in awhile. The ODBC extension for PHP is probably better.
I will be using ODBC because there is release of mssql pdo extension.
Also when u say use a seperate NIC do u mean that use 2 networks, one for server and another one for web server?

