asking if this is possible [html]

Supreme Arcanarch
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
953
Reaction score
95
i have a website (plain and simple)

but i want to put news (like in wordpress that you need wp-admin to access/edit/post announcements etc...)

is there a way to put that 1 feature of wordpress (news/announcements posting) to my plain website?
 
^ i have a site already but it has no news/announcements. what im trying to say is. CAN i put that feature news/announcements (of wordrpess) to my site?
___
Nevermind. figured it out already

thank you so much @timebomb
___

@timebomb- can i fix the theme/appearance of the comments? or thats the default/final appearance for it? because it looks like this
Eureka7 - asking if this is possible [html] - RaGEZONE Forums
 

Attachments

  • Untitled - asking if this is possible [html] - RaGEZONE Forums
    Untitled.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Glad it's working for you, Eureka7.
I've never personally used it, so I can't help you with any specifics. From what I understand, CutePHP has a pretty active community, though.
The design of the news on your site should be modifiable via CSS stylesheets included in the script. I do not know if other themes are offered for it.
 
Not fully sure, but you can probably initialize the wordpress 'bootstrap' then simple use the php functionality to show the most recent posts.

Havn't looked into wordpress much but you cab genrrally so these things with a powerful cms like wordpress.
 
I think I might just use this CutePHP, I've been noodling few hours ago with the similar problem.
Is there anyway I can intergrate CutePHP in my website? (Visit the site at my sig). Just made it from photoshop.

EDIT:
Hey timebomb, I think I'm gonna use it for my site, I fiddled it, I think it's pretty versatile imo. Thanks man.
 
I think I might just use this CutePHP, I've been noodling few hours ago with the similar problem.
Is there anyway I can intergrate CutePHP in my website? (Visit the site at my sig). Just made it from photoshop.

EDIT:
Hey timebomb, I think I'm gonna use it for my site, I fiddled it, I think it's pretty versatile imo. Thanks man.
Pretty easily, yes. All you need to do for cutephp to show up on your site (either cutephp or easynews, forgot which is which and what the last one I used was called) is to just do a simple include. Everything else is handed via the admin panel for the news system.

You're limited with what you can do with styling unless you purchase a license, though.
 
You're limited with what you can do with styling unless you purchase a license, though.
Actually, it lets you change the html code of the modules through the control panel. There are two benefits a license can give, first is remove the "CMS Powered by CuteNews", and the second one is what I don't understand, can someone take a look?

CutePHP Register & remove the powered by line
 
Actually, it lets you change the html code of the modules through the control panel. There are two benefits a license can give, first is remove the "CMS Powered by CuteNews", and the second one is what I don't understand, can someone take a look?

CutePHP Register & remove the powered by line

It looks like it's just for the removal of the 'powered by' text. You will obviously also be supporting the development of CuteNews.

In terms of registration, and your website being logged - I imagine this is so they can legally pursue any unregistered website using CuteNews without the 'powered by' text.
In other words, if you don't pay for registration, but edit the code to remove the 'powered by' text, they will easily be able to tell if you are using a legal or illegal copy via their website registration database, and they can legally pursue you.
 
Back