Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Battle Princess Story H5

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Got ahold of these files, looked kinda interesting, but frankly, I can't get them to work. I tried on VMWare, VirtualBox, WSL2 and a VPS and ran into the exact same issue every time: The server fails to communicate with Tomcat and that's the end of that. I don't know enough about Java or Tomcat to figure out the problem, and I'm not convinced there aren't just straight up files missing to begin with, so this could be a completely useless release. I need another pair of eyes with more Java knowledge to take a look at this one and see if I just messed up (although I doubt it tbh, I followed the instructions to the letter every time), or if it really is missing stuff or the instructions are just wrong. Text and video instructions are provided, but the video is kinda sus, they don't really show the server fully starting up and just really quickly gloss over that.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I don't know if it works well.
I tried making it with virtualbox once.

However, IP:8002 and AdminNew do not work.
I don't know why.

The capacity is large, but it does not exceed 16GB.
However, the size of RAM memory and CPU performance are very important. (at least 4G of RAM size)
The method is the same as the manual of the file, but the IP part is changed in VirtualBox's settings - Network - Connected to (bridge to adapter) - Name (the Ethernet or wireless LAN card to be connected...).
If there is a change, change the ip of the file through the manual of the file.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know if it works well.
I tried making it with virtualbox once.

However, IP:8002 and AdminNew do not work.
I don't know why.

The capacity is large, but it does not exceed 16GB.
However, the size of RAM memory and CPU performance are very important. (at least 4G of RAM size)
The method is the same as the manual of the file, but the IP part is changed in VirtualBox's settings - Network - Connected to (bridge to adapter) - Name (the Ethernet or wireless LAN card to be connected...).
If there is a change, change the ip of the file through the manual of the file.

Weird, that image doesn't even boot properly for me. It just blinks forever after moving past the bootloader.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, here's an actual log of what's happening, since I didn't have anything setup to provide one initially, I re-did my entire CentOS VM from scratch again and... same issue.

Code:
root@localhost opt]# cd /opt/server/mongodb-linux-x86_64-rhel70-3.2.9 && ./start.sh
about to fork child process, waiting until server is ready for connections.
forked process: 43378
child process started successfully, parent exiting
[root@localhost mongodb-linux-x86_64-rhel70-3.2.9]# cd /opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080/bin && ./startup.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_121/jre
Using CLASSPATH:       /opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Tomcat started.
[root@localhost bin]# cd /opt/server/100001 && ./start.sh restart
Params,[restart]
Params,[stop]
Stopping server
Params,[status]
show server pid
start.sh: line 45: kill: (2491) - No such process
server stop faild
Params,[start]
nohup: appending output to ‘nohup.out’
Params,[status]
show server pid
root      43525  43522 99 12:30 pts/0    00:00:01 java -classpath ./classes:./lib/dependences.jar -Xms768m -Xmx768m -Duser.timezone=Asia/Shanghai -Duser.language=zh -Duser.region=CN -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:+UseG1GC -verbose.gc -Xloggc:/opt/server/100001/logs/gc.log -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCDetails com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.AppEntry ./Application.properties
server start OK
    at com.mongodb.DBCollection.createIndex(DBCollection.java:1517) ~[dependences.jar:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.repository.mongodb.MongoManager.getMongoTemplate(MongoManager.java:103) ~[classes/:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.repository.service.ActivityNewService.<init>(ActivityNewService.java:27) [classes/:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.repository.service.ActivityNewService.getInstance(ActivityNewService.java:33) [classes/:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.config.activity.ActivityConfigNew.init(ActivityConfigNew.java:83) [classes/:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.AppEntry.init(AppEntry.java:91) [classes/:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.AppEntry.main(AppEntry.java:65) [classes/:na]
2020_03_29 13:16:26:706 INFO  [main] : No server chosen by ReadPreferenceServerSelector{readPreference=primary} from cluster description ClusterDescription{type=UNKNOWN, connectionMode=SINGLE, serverDescriptions=[ServerDescription{address=localhost:27017, type=UNKNOWN, state=CONNECTING, exception={com.mongodb.MongoSocketOpenException: Exception opening socket}, caused by {java.net.ConnectException: 拒绝连接 (Connection refused)}}]}. Waiting for 30000 ms before timing out
2022_04_12 03:30:16:992 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] gameserver starting...
2022_04_12 03:30:17:012 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] loading config files...
2022_04_12 03:30:20:070 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] areaId : 100001
2022_04_12 03:30:20:070 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] connecting db...
2022_04_12 03:30:20:167 INFO  [main] : Cluster created with settings {hosts=[localhost:27017], mode=SINGLE, requiredClusterType=UNKNOWN, serverSelectionTimeout='30000 ms', maxWaitQueueSize=2000}
2022_04_12 03:30:20:567 INFO  [cluster-ClusterId{value='625481cc42bc89aa05ed88a4', description='null'}-localhost:27017] : Opened connection [connectionId{localValue:1, serverValue:1}] to localhost:27017
2022_04_12 03:30:20:570 INFO  [cluster-ClusterId{value='625481cc42bc89aa05ed88a4', description='null'}-localhost:27017] : Monitor thread successfully connected to server with description ServerDescription{address=localhost:27017, type=STANDALONE, state=CONNECTED, ok=true, version=ServerVersion{versionList=[3, 2, 9]}, minWireVersion=0, maxWireVersion=4, maxDocumentSize=16777216, roundTripTimeNanos=947024}
2022_04_12 03:30:20:872 INFO  [main] : Opened connection [connectionId{localValue:2, serverValue:2}] to localhost:27017
2022_04_12 03:30:21:005 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] start load activity config from global server [http://127.0.0.1:8080/JGirlsGlobalServer/activity/config/100001/load]
2022_04_12 03:30:21:093 ERROR [main] : [SYSTEM EXCEPTION] {}
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: No content to map due to end-of-input
 at [Source: java.io.StringReader@6f2cfcc2; line: 1, column: 1]
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException.from(JsonMappingException.java:164) ~[dependences.jar:na]
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._initForReading(ObjectMapper.java:2839) ~[dependences.jar:na]
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:2781) ~[dependences.jar:na]
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readTree(ObjectMapper.java:1658) ~[dependences.jar:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.config.activity.ActivityConfigNew.loadConfigFromGlobalServer(ActivityConfigNew.java:67) ~[classes/:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.config.activity.ActivityConfigNew.init(ActivityConfigNew.java:88) ~[classes/:na]
2022_04_12 03:30:21:096 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] gameserver start fail

Waaaait a minute, the provided JDK version is NOT the same as the version the manual claims should be used... smh, I'm going to grab the PROPER version and see if that changes anything.

Nope, same poop. I'm convinced it's an issue with Tomcat and it's configuration, but I don't know the first thing about it, so rip I guess.

Last edited:
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
its failing to connect to the database it says there you did not specify the db server in Mongo DB

com.mongodb.MongoSocketOpenException: Exception opening socket}, caused by {java.net.ConnectException: 拒绝连接 (Connection refused)}}]}
and that,means the ip that wants to connect or user or pass is not allowed to do so,change it to 127.0.0.1 or localhost and check user and pass in db

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
its failing to connect to the database it says there you did not specify the db server in Mongo DB

com.mongodb.MongoSocketOpenException: Exception opening socket}, caused by {java.net.ConnectException: 拒绝连接 (Connection refused)}}]}
and that,means the ip that wants to connect or user or pass is not allowed to do so,change it to 127.0.0.1 or localhost and check user and pass in db

To be fair, I shouldn't have had to do any of this, this is on the file provider for giving crappy instructions and misconfigured files. Guess I'll try and sort it out when I wake up. There was no mentioning anywhere of how to configure MongoDB or that it needed any sort of configuration to begin with. I'm glad I didn't actually pay for this, or I'd be pretty pissed.

Okay, I fixed the MongoDB error, it was as simple as changing the IP in the app properties to NOT be localhost, but now I still have that damn GlobalServer error to deal with, which is Tomcat related for sure. Just out of curiosity, I navigated to the IP it's trying to find the data at ( in my case) and... it's blank, in fact, none of the paths lead to anything, just blank pages with no page sources at all. That definitely doesn't seem right.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Weird, that image doesn't even boot properly for me. It just blinks forever after moving past the bootloader.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, here's an actual log of what's happening, since I didn't have anything setup to provide one initially, I re-did my entire CentOS VM from scratch again and... same issue.

Code:
root@localhost opt]# cd /opt/server/mongodb-linux-x86_64-rhel70-3.2.9 && ./start.sh
about to fork child process, waiting until server is ready for connections.
forked process: 43378
child process started successfully, parent exiting
[root@localhost mongodb-linux-x86_64-rhel70-3.2.9]# cd /opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080/bin && ./startup.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_121/jre
Using CLASSPATH:       /opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/server/apache-tomcat-8080/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Tomcat started.
[root@localhost bin]# cd /opt/server/100001 && ./start.sh restart
Params,[restart]
Params,[stop]
Stopping server
Params,[status]
show server pid
start.sh: line 45: kill: (2491) - No such process
server stop faild
Params,[start]
nohup: appending output to ‘nohup.out’
Params,[status]
show server pid
root      43525  43522 99 12:30 pts/0    00:00:01 java -classpath ./classes:./lib/dependences.jar -Xms768m -Xmx768m -Duser.timezone=Asia/Shanghai -Duser.language=zh -Duser.region=CN -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:+UseG1GC -verbose.gc -Xloggc:/opt/server/100001/logs/gc.log -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintGCDetails com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.AppEntry ./Application.properties
server start OK
    at com.mongodb.DBCollection.createIndex(DBCollection.java:1517) ~[dependences.jar:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.repository.mongodb.MongoManager.getMongoTemplate(MongoManager.java:103) ~[classes/:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.repository.service.ActivityNewService.<init>(ActivityNewService.java:27) [classes/:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.repository.service.ActivityNewService.getInstance(ActivityNewService.java:33) [classes/:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.config.activity.ActivityConfigNew.init(ActivityConfigNew.java:83) [classes/:na]
2020_03_29 13:16:26:706 INFO  [main] : No server chosen by ReadPreferenceServerSelector{readPreference=primary} from cluster description ClusterDescription{type=UNKNOWN, connectionMode=SINGLE, serverDescriptions=[ServerDescription{address=localhost:27017, type=UNKNOWN, state=CONNECTING, exception={com.mongodb.MongoSocketOpenException: Exception opening socket}, caused by {java.net.ConnectException: 拒绝连接 (Connection refused)}}]}. Waiting for 30000 ms before timing out
2022_04_12 03:30:16:992 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] gameserver starting...
2022_04_12 03:30:17:012 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] loading config files...
2022_04_12 03:30:20:070 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] areaId : 100001
2022_04_12 03:30:20:070 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] connecting db...
2022_04_12 03:30:20:167 INFO  [main] : Cluster created with settings {hosts=[localhost:27017], mode=SINGLE, requiredClusterType=UNKNOWN, serverSelectionTimeout='30000 ms', maxWaitQueueSize=2000}
2022_04_12 03:30:20:567 INFO  [cluster-ClusterId{value='625481cc42bc89aa05ed88a4', description='null'}-localhost:27017] : Opened connection [connectionId{localValue:1, serverValue:1}] to localhost:27017
2022_04_12 03:30:20:570 INFO  [cluster-ClusterId{value='625481cc42bc89aa05ed88a4', description='null'}-localhost:27017] : Monitor thread successfully connected to server with description ServerDescription{address=localhost:27017, type=STANDALONE, state=CONNECTED, ok=true, version=ServerVersion{versionList=[3, 2, 9]}, minWireVersion=0, maxWireVersion=4, maxDocumentSize=16777216, roundTripTimeNanos=947024}
2022_04_12 03:30:20:872 INFO  [main] : Opened connection [connectionId{localValue:2, serverValue:2}] to localhost:27017
2022_04_12 03:30:21:005 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] start load activity config from global server [http://127.0.0.1:8080/JGirlsGlobalServer/activity/config/100001/load]
2022_04_12 03:30:21:093 ERROR [main] : [SYSTEM EXCEPTION] {}
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: No content to map due to end-of-input
 at [Source: java.io.StringReader@6f2cfcc2; line: 1, column: 1]
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException.from(JsonMappingException.java:164) ~[dependences.jar:na]
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._initForReading(ObjectMapper.java:2839) ~[dependences.jar:na]
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:2781) ~[dependences.jar:na]
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readTree(ObjectMapper.java:1658) ~[dependences.jar:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.config.activity.ActivityConfigNew.loadConfigFromGlobalServer(ActivityConfigNew.java:67) ~[classes/:na]
    at com.yiqu.jgirls.gameserver.config.activity.ActivityConfigNew.init(ActivityConfigNew.java:88) ~[classes/:na]
2022_04_12 03:30:21:096 INFO  [main] : [SYSTEM INFO] gameserver start fail

Waaaait a minute, the provided JDK version is NOT the same as the version the manual claims should be used... smh, I'm going to grab the PROPER version and see if that changes anything.

Nope, same poop. I'm convinced it's an issue with Tomcat and it's configuration, but I don't know the first thing about it, so rip I guess.

Maybe localhost login : ?
Sorry. The login password is xpymw.com. :/:
I was supposed to write down the server login password, but I forgot it.

Addition: You need to open several terminal programs to start the server.
From [cd /opt/server/100001 && ./start.sh restart], other commands cannot be entered, so you have to open another window.
For terminal programs, PUTTY is recommended.

Test results:

Works well (not sure if it works fully)
However, AdminNew and page 8002 are not available.

AdminNew and page 8002 will have to wait a bit for it to work.
I guess I should check the log file.
I repented of myself for saying not work.
(AdminNew is admin for both ID and password)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe localhost login : ?
Sorry. The login password is xpymw.com. :/:
I was supposed to write down the server login password, but I forgot it.

I don't understand what you did to get past the Tomcat error that I have. Are you saying to just ignore it and keep running the servers? That doesn't do anything, it'll just get stuck loading on the webpage if I do that. I understand I'll need to use multiple screens/terms for this, that's not a problem, it all, for me, right now, is boiling down to that one particular issue where the gameserver fails to retrieve data from the Global Server, which is hosted on the Tomcat instance.

Well, I did get your image to work, I had to mess around with my network adapters because I forgot how stupid they can get when you have Bluestacks, VMWare and VirtualBox installed on top of both an ethernet and a wi-fi connection lol. Maybe this'll work out better. Oh, and I forgot that I did set Hyper-V as the paravirtualization interface to help with the speed, which also may have contributed to making the startup stop taking AGES.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I don't understand what you did to get past the Tomcat error that I have. Are you saying to just ignore it and keep running the servers? That doesn't do anything, it'll just get stuck loading on the webpage if I do that. I understand I'll need to use multiple screens/terms for this, that's not a problem, it all, for me, right now, is boiling down to that one particular issue where the gameserver fails to retrieve data from the Global Server, which is hosted on the Tomcat instance.

Well, I did get your image to work, I had to mess around with my network adapters because I forgot how stupid they can get when you have Bluestacks, VMWare and VirtualBox installed on top of both an ethernet and a wi-fi connection lol. Maybe this'll work out better. Oh, and I forgot that I did set Hyper-V as the paravirtualization interface to help with the speed, which also may have contributed to making the startup stop taking AGES.

Hmm, I understood at first, the file I uploaded was not running and only the server's login screen was displayed.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I checked the contents again, and roughly what kind of error was confirmed.
But this is the first time I see the above error.
I didn't build this program so I don't know how to fix the above error.
Tomcat seems to work, but I don't know why it doesn't communicate.

However, I saw the manual in this file and made it a little differently.
I need the original bt.cn, but I don't use it.
nginx, php, and mysql are all directly installed in a different way.
The rest are the same.

My published file works fine, but I don't know why your server doesn't.
Sorry for not being able to help.

After connecting to the server by opening a program such as winscp, check the log files of each server program (all of the /opt/server folder).
:blink::/:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm, I understood at first, the file I uploaded was not running and only the server's login screen was displayed.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I checked the contents again, and roughly what kind of error was confirmed.
But this is the first time I see the above error.
I didn't build this program so I don't know how to fix the above error.
Tomcat seems to work, but I don't know why it doesn't communicate.

However, I saw the manual in this file and made it a little differently.
I need the original bt.cn, but I don't use it.
nginx, php, and mysql are all directly installed in a different way.
The rest are the same.

My published file works fine, but I don't know why your server doesn't.
Sorry for not being able to help.

After connecting to the server by opening a program such as winscp, check the log files of each server program (all of the /opt/server folder).
:blink::/:

While your VM seems to be working and launching the servers, I honestly can't keep it running and most of the time I launch it it just freezes up entirely during init before even getting to login, and if I do get it going, it eventually keeps freezing up and I have to completely shut down and relaunch it again. I haven't actually been able to get in-game yet to see if the servers really are working.

I'm curious on how you installed your nginx/mysql/php stack, because I just cannot get your VM to cooperate on my machine without constant freezes. I personally used aaPanel because pagoda is garbage now and requires to be bound to a site account, which, as per usual with Chinese poop, is basically impossible unless you're a resident, but it seems that could be a part of the problem.

Well, I scored a victory it seems, and you're not going to believe what was freezing up the VM... or so it seems, it's been running for about 10 mins now with no issues so got my fingers crossed... I moved it to my external HDD off my primary SSD. That's so strange because I've never had an issue hosting VirtualBox VMs off the SSD before, but hey, whatever, it seems to work.

Even the backend is working, which IIRC you said you were having trouble with. I couldn't tell you why, I didn't change anything in the actual guest itself beyond IP addresses.

aaaand it's back to freezing regularly again after an hour or two. I honestly don't get it. duck it, I'm converting the VirtualBox image to VMWare because this is stupid and impossible to troubleshoot.

Moving to VMWare seems to have immediately fixed all my issues doing an OVA 1.0 spec conversion, and the performance difference is massive on my machine.

Interesting, there's a login page at but I'm not sure what it's for or what credentials it wants. I only took a quick glance though. This might actually be the old Manager site that was superceded by the AdminNew site, but I'm not entirely sure.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm gonna just start jotting down info/stuff I find as I play and hack away at and read the code and such. Since I moved to VMWare, I've had zero issues with the server nor the game, it seems to be working perfectly fine in terms of mechanics/progression, as I've put a few hours in and run into no problems. This isn't to say you shouldn't try using VirtualBox first though before going through the process of converting the image that Kang Jinsu provided, it just so happens that VMWare works infinitely better on my machine.

If you wanna translate stuff, it's super easy. Relevant files are the website's res/config/keystring.json.string and configJson.json.string files primarily. Don't be fooled by the zlib-compressed versions or the gz, these are unused. Just edit the string JSON file and you're good to go. Fair warning though, configJson is an absolute chonker and most beautifiers are gonna choke REALLY hard trying to format it initially, let alone text editors trying to read it with smooth scrolling and the like. I recommend using Visual Studio or another more powerful IDE to actually work with the file after you run it through an initial formatting process.

If you wanna send stuff to yourself, go into the backend at IP:8002, admin/admin for user/pass, go to 邮件系统 > 邮件 (Mail System basically) and click the 2nd button to create a mail (first button just queries the mail DB for mail info). As for the mail properties, you can run those through DeepL or something, but what's important is the 邮件类型 dropdown, you want it set to the second option, which lets you specify items, currencies, etc to send. Note that if you have friends playing with you or whatever, this is a global mail, so everyone will receive it. As far as I can find thus far, you can't send an individual user a mail. For item IDs, reference the ID list provided in the archive.

I'm going to use to store information, including my notes, changes I make to config files/code, and other such things. This will be updated in real time. Started doing basic translations and I had a go at the unit names too, but goddamn some of them were rough, native speaker telling me how poop I did and correcting me is more than welcome lmao. Any edits I do in the client code I will attempt to tag for easy searching later, because it's absolutely Ducking massive. Thankfully, it's not obfuscated or minified, and all comments are preserved, so it IS possible to work with, you just better know your way around JS because it's a real clusterfuck if you don't. The server side I am less interested in, because it all works fine and doesn't need any real modification since all the configs are exposed. If you run into a JSON that looks encrypted, it's just zlib, I'll provide the source and EXE for a quick and dirty encoder/decoder a little later, as it's super, super easy to do, just not high priority atm. If you DO want to mod the server itself, well, that'll require decompiling and recompiling the JAR files, and I don't actually have any experience with that personally.

Quick edit to say I've written the compression/decompression tool and it works, you can now modify both server and client ends freely without any obstructions anymore. Code is in my working folder along with everything else I've been messing with.

Last edited:
Back