Beyond Aion goes open source

20240728-131711 - Beyond Aion goes open source - RaGEZONE Forums


What is the reason for this? There is an error when I import aion_gs.sql, but the server can be started successfully.
 
I wanted to ask if there is an FFA zone in this build? for pvp and the beginner zone?, I can’t find it in the events, should it be enabled or not implemented?
 
There is no custom FFA zone, but a PvPvE map which can be enabled via gameserver.pvpmap.enable = true and joined via the .pvp chat command.
The coordinates of the .join pvp command do not change, the resource only contains resurrection coordinates. Where are the teleport coordinates written?

2024-08-14_23-39 - Beyond Aion goes open source - RaGEZONE Forums
 
1724784309210 - Beyond Aion goes open source - RaGEZONE Forums

First try and problem :D Im so confused about some Aion server. I mean nice work with this server, but i found so many server files that are not running out of the box. :D
Server is freh builded from github site. :D

Server cant find the absolute stats, static_data is directly from the git. Im interested in looking what other groups build from the old lightning core.
 
Interesting. This must have broken with from two days ago.
I was wondering if such an issue could arise from using the config value this early, but there was no reason to believe the enum would be initialized before loading the config and this turned out to work as expected during testing. The update is even live already working fine, so maybe it's a rare race condition or JVM dependent. Which build of the JDK are you running?
Anyway, I'll refactor this asap, in order to avoid future headaches.

Edit:
 
Last edited:
我还没尝试过在最新的 Git 版本下创建角色,看看有没有出现上述情况。

Sorry, I forgot that only English is allowed to speak.

Everything is normal and there were no errors mentioned above.
 

Attachments

  • sshot-1 - Beyond Aion goes open source - RaGEZONE Forums
    sshot-1.webp
    118.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Interesting. This must have broken with from two days ago.
I was wondering if such an issue could arise from using the config value this early, but there was no reason to believe the enum would be initialized before loading the config and this turned out to work as expected during testing. The update is even live already working fine, so maybe it's a rare race condition or JVM dependent. Which build of the JDK are you running?
Anyway, I'll refactor this asap, in order to avoid future headaches.

Edit:
change the CC from 99 to 2 and all is fine :D
 
There is no need to change the country code. It is only sent in SM_VERSION_CHECK and doesn't affect anything on server side.
99 is a special value that essentially tells the the game client that the server is not region locked.
 
There is no need to change the country code. It is only sent in SM_VERSION_CHECK and doesn't affect anything on server side.
99 is a special value that essentially tells the the game client that the server is not region locked.
yeah but i tried 4 times to create a new char, same Problem. IndexOutOfBound with -1 on 0.
After i changed the CC from 99 to 2 and start with CC 2 inside batch file all was fine.

IndexOutOfBound comes from getStatsTemplateForLevel(int level)
Looks like there was an level - 1 error with level = 0. But im not sure, was a fast test, i has no time to search the issue :D
 
Last edited:
I only said what has fixed the issue for me. 🤷‍♂️
Never checked what can be the issue, i only compiled all, setup all for local, create the database, downloadet the client and start and connect.
I can test later in sone hours again with cc99, lets see
 
If you hadn't pulled the commit I linked in my edit by then, the restart was what seemingly fixed it for you. Which indicates it was likely a race condition, as I mentioned earlier. This means that the PlayerClass enum was sometimes initialized before the config was loaded, leading to GSConfig.PLAYER_MAX_LEVEL still being zero and initializing an empty array and ultimately your exception.
Nothing I could reproduce, but the refactoring linked my last edit took care of it. Pull it and you're good :D
 
1724859393112 - Beyond Aion goes open source - RaGEZONE Forums

whitout an new pull, same setting as yesterday, all fine now on CC=99. :D Im confused. But nice to here that you found the issue <3
 
and so the assembly works well, but when compiled it gives an error, but the server starts without problems.

ошибка - Beyond Aion goes open source - RaGEZONE Forums


and I also think that 1 item has a high price, you can correct it in the item_templates.xml file.
Item: 186000402
price="500000000"
I think the price is higher than usual!

photo_2024-08-28_12-57-182 - Beyond Aion goes open source - RaGEZONE Forums
 
when compiled it gives an error, but the server starts without problems
These are compiler warnings (not errors) which you can ignore, as these classes are never being serialized. You could mark the fields transient to get rid of the warnings, but this wouldn't improve anything about their insufficient serializability.

I also think that 1 item has a high price, you can correct it in the item_templates.xml file
The price is correct. Item templates always contain the buy price, as if you bought the item from the vendor, even if no npc actually sells them.
The sale price is a product of the buy price and the vendor's buyPriceRate which is 20%, resulting in the price in your screenshot.
 
This is a really cool set of files and I hope the community really gets behind helping finish up the work as there is definitely a lot to do. I got this running on my local machine and noticed there seems to be an issue with group loot. The moment you group up no loot seems to be available on anything but killing things solo you get loot. Trying to figure out if an update I did introduced this or whether this was something that was always a problem
 
Hello and thanks for sharing your project with us.

I'd like to ask few questions regarding the build of this project. Never got involved with Aion server builds in the past. I've worked only with L2J / L2OFF.

1. What version of MySQL Server should we use?
2. Is there any build.bat for installing the sql files or we should manual query/batch into the DBs?
3. After building the files with maven package or IDE Pom.xml I should copy the files and manually get the SQL folder from the project files?

Sorry for my newbie-ness. I apologize in advance for my low knowledge questions.
 
Back