- Joined
- Jan 2, 2009
- Messages
- 10
- Reaction score
- 0
How can i block the unpack from the system.mrs??
Please help!!
Please help!!
Well, there's a number of methods you can follow to approach this problem.
Personally, I recommend the FU method, involving a very simplistic approach. By deleting the system.mrs file, all such data can not be retrieved, or further unpacked; as you cannot unpack what you do not see.
Delete it. Delete the whole damn thing.
what do mine when u say delete system.mrs??
Now for serious time. Impossible. Everytime gunz runs it nees to unpack the files to read them. It unpacks it to memory, which can then be read. If you block it from opening then you block gunz from opening it. Sooooo. Fail? It is theoretically possible for gunz to be forced to read only certain parts and when done automatically unload them. 1. It would be next to fucking impossible without the source. 2. HOLY **** MOTHERFUCKING LAGG OF GODS.
Yeah its not impossible to make your .MRS where people cant download your client, and unpack your ****, and take it. You can turn your .MRS files into XFC files, but im not sure how, ive just seen it on some Private Servers
(When I say steal your ****, im talking Models mainly ^^ )
Oh lmao, wasnt aware the MRS unpacker/Packer would work on XFC, which is why I thought that would work T_T
You're right on one part, the files always need to be read. They don't, however, need to be stored in plain text. Hooking the MZip functions would be all you would need, no source is needed here. And no, decompression of files isn't always slow, you'd probably not even notice it.
<name>.XFC is just changing the extension name, its the same thing as a .mrs. Its useless.
The way I like, is the way Someplayer codes the Epic gamers launcher. It dl'd the .mrs files from a source, unpacked them to read, then launched. The .mrs files aren't actually on your computerl
Not to mention, once the files are interpreted, some files, such as zitem, can be removed from memory.
Yeah, except you're wasting hundreds of megabytes of bandwidth per load.
I know it takes more space. I just like that idea. IF you can afford to use that space and make it load quickly, id say do that.
Bandwidth not disk space; and, having only the system.mrs file sent over a stream and interpreted works just as well.
Well, there's a number of methods you can follow to approach this problem.
Personally, I recommend the FU method, involving a very simplistic approach. By deleting the system.mrs file, all such data can not be retrieved, or further unpacked; as you cannot unpack what you do not see.
Delete it. Delete the whole damn thing.
True, I was thinking moreover of making model and stuff safer.
And by space, I meant Band with.
Yea, or the file could just basicly be encrypted and can only be opened with a decrypting system or just a good mrs unpacker.
it it is a md5 hash check then i'll suggest your way, but keep it easy for these kids around the net they don't even know what "approach" is.