• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

BMS Model Convertor

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've had this for a while, and wasn't doing anything useful with it, so I decided to release it to the public.

This tool allows you to convert model files from silkroad's data.pk2 to files that can be read by blender, and can also convert these files back. That means this tool allows you to put custom weapons in the game.
(For example, I pulled this prank with it: )

You can download it here:

Now it does go with a manual, so please READ THIS before you use it, and read it again before asking any questions.

Manual:

Short interface overview:
LastThief - BMS Model Convertor - RaGEZONE Forums

1 - This area is used to convert files taken from the data.pk2, and convert them into object files, which can be read by blender. Just select a file, press convert and it will place the converted file in the same folder. You CAN select multiple files at once.
2 - This box is still only for viewing purposes, it splits complicated meshes like mobs/characters/armors up in several groups. THIS IS STILL WIP

3 - This area is used to convert files from the object format into silkroad .bms files. You start off by selecting a file, then you input the other fields and select the type. Once all the field are correct you can press convert and it should work.
4 - In this field you have to fill in the group the model belongs to, usually this is just the name of the file, how you can find the model group can be found in the extended manual.
5 - Here you put in the name of the material associated with the mesh, how you can find this is also in the extended manual.
6 - You can select the type of model here, which is important for the placement ingame, it's pretty self-explanatory. If you modeled a sword select 'weapon', if you modeled a hat select 'hat'.

7 - This little log area will tell you how things are going.

Import and Export settings to use with Blender:
IMPORT:

EXPORT:

Extended manual on how to import a mesh into silkroad:
Step 1:
Know what you want to replace and get a model. In before making this tutorial I ate some French cheese, so I decided to make a baguette, or stick bread.

Step 2:
If you have your model in blender, you have to put a texture on. The most basic way is to first split your screen, you can do this by right clicking the black border in Blender, like so:

After this you set your second screen to UV/Image editor, like so:

Now the most basic way to set a UV map is to tap A one or two times, untill all the vertices in your model are orange (Make sure the mode in the model window is in EDIT MODE). After that you can press U, and select 'project from view'. This will put an image your model onto the UV editor. You can then save the layout to use in photoshop:
(This is the most basic way to UV map your model, you can do it way more accurate, but just look some tutorials up on that.)

After you made a texture for your model you can test it in Blender, by going to image>open Image in the UV editor. Also make sure you put the drawing mode in the model window to 'Textured'.

Step 3:
You now have to position your model. Import an original silkroad model into blender and move your weapon untill the part where you hold your weapon is the same as the part where you hold the original weapon (I put my window on wireframe mode now, to see it better. (DO THIS IN EDIT MODE, NOT IN OBJECT MODE, the pink dots of the new and the original mesh have to align)

Step 4:
Once your model is aligned, you can export it, make sure to select your model in object mode, and use the export settings as given above.

Step 5:
Before we can convert the model, we have to find the model group and the material name of the model. Take the file of the mesh you are going to replace, and open it in a Hex editor such as XVI32. You are looking for two words at the beginning of the file like this:

Use these in the converter, and convert your model, if everything went right it should say so in the log.

Step 6:
You can import your mesh into the data.pk2 now. Make sure you overwrite the right file. Also dont forget to save your texture as a .dds, and convert it to .ddj. Then replace the texture with the same name as the material name of your model with your own texture.

If you did it right it could look a bit like this:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but if it's in the manual I might get mad!

PS: THIS RELEASE HAS BARELY BEEN DEBUGGED, SO ERRORS MIGHT (and probably will) OCCUR!

*RESERVED FOR FAQ*

EDIT: If you happen to make something with this, drop a screenshot, I'm curious what people are going to come up with!

ALL CREDITS GOES FOR perrytje I DON'T HAVE ANY CREDIT FOR THAT I'VE JUST COPIED IT BECAUSE NEW SRO ERA WILL START IN PSRO SECTION WITH THIS FUCKIN EPIC RELEASE !

Original thread

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [Epic Release]BMS Model Convertor

Thx for That :DD ..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

again thnx here(PortalDark from pvpers)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

EPIC WOODEN SWORD!
Thanks xD

Reaction score

Awsome fuckin release man! AWESOME!!

Now just a general question for ya, is it possible to add custom weapons or can you only replace the existing?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Oh my ... I've been looking for a program capable of changing models. Thanks for this epic release. 1 more tool to add to my collection xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Awsome fuckin release man! AWESOME!!

Now just a general question for ya, is it possible to add custom weapons or can you only replace the existing?

You can do your custom models up to 500 dg :D

@others thank you all :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

thx for that great release man

asi

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

mfsgW - BMS Model Convertor - RaGEZONE Forums

xD I'm too lazy to make a texture tho.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

audodesk 3DS max able to edit this models? o_O

Master Summoner
Reaction score

now lets destroy the rest of game...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I will new item but how convert OBJ to BMS.
This İTEM

Reaction score

Error: Input string was not in a correct format

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
at System.Single.Parse(String s)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.OBJConverter.Convert(String path, String name, String material, Int32 type)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.button4_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ModelConverter
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Allan/Documents/Allan/Silkroad/Random%20stuff/ModelConverter/ModelConverter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i make cube then i slip area then select uv/ image edit on. then going to object select it open edit mode click project from view i see in uv just image off object not texture

blender fcking nab no sh1t work on that

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

why my custom weapon with holes :D ?

Back