• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

BrainCMS - This username does not exist! [Help Me]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good morning,I installed BrainCMS 1.8.8 importing the supplied database plus that of Arcturus 1.14.0Everything works at the time of registration.when I log out and try to log in, it says that the user does not exist.in the users table exists.if I try to register an account with the same name during registration, it tells me that the name is already occupied.:junglejane:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
EDIT: Here's the actual sql for registration fix..
PHP:
ALTER TABLE users ADD google_secret_code VARCHAR(200) NULL;
ALTER TABLE users ADD 2fa_status int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

It's in the BrainSQL folder in "Update 1.8.0 to 1.8.8.sql".

Sometimes it pays to have a closer look :p

Same, also when I try some names I get the echo empty_username
This is because the registration script makes sure it's a valid name, a valid name is MORE than 3 characters, but less than 12 & only contains letters and numbers.

The default error reply is "empty_username".

You can edit character amounts at system/app/classes/class.user.php and search for "validName($username)" you can also change the error it gives in the same file on by searching "echo 'empty_username';" there's 2, it's the one under "empty_password".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back